Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old April 13th, 2009, 01:53 PM   #1
Triceratops
VT Lover

Default The insects

I keep seeing bugs, everywhere. Even when they're not really there.

I've woken up several different times in the middle of the night because I thought I could see spiders and centipedes crawling on my pillow towards me. It's always dark in my room, so as soon as I see these bugs I literally run towards the lightswitch as fast as anything.

I've done this about 4 times now. The second time was the worst, I could of swore there was about 3 black spiders crawling towards me, so I screamed and ran over to the lightswitch (I also banged my head against the wall on my way :/) so I switched the light on and looked at my pillow, which I found was nothing there at all. Everytime I go and switch the light on I see no bugs, what the hell? Yet when it's dark I can vividly see bugs and insects.

It's mainly when I'm in bed this happens. But it's happened a few times in the light too, such as in the shower and on the sofa. Like when I was in the shower I swear I saw a huddle of ladybirds in the plug-hole. And on the sofa, I thought I saw two beetles - one was moving, the other wasn't.

Like, is there any explanation to these insane "hallucinations" or whatever you would like to call them? Or am I just crazy?

"I can't judge any of you. I have no malice against you and no ribbons for you. But I think that it is high time that you all start looking at yourselves, and judging the lie that you live in." ~ Charles Manson
Triceratops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2009, 05:22 PM   #2
ShatteredWings
Under the Stars

ShatteredWings's Forum Picture

Name: Kyle
Default Re: Bizarre crisis: I keep seeing bugs and insects.

I have the same problem sometimes, with small mammals and random creatures that i know can't exist.

What's been going on lately marcie? I'm begining to think that a lot of stress can cause these halusinations... really bad days = seeing the bear thing (or the mice...or the people.. whatever).. but when it gets better / stress is releived somehow they go away

*hugs* You're not loosing it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphire_Flames View Post
VT turned me lesbo acid wankers wtf.
~Laura Was Here~
Retired Gmod
ShatteredWings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2009, 01:36 PM   #3
chucknorrisrules
Junior Member+

chucknorrisrules's Forum Picture

If you think you're losing it, get some help... these things can go bad really fast.

Do you have a psychologist to explain this to?

Justin AKA Justian

You want help? I'll do what I can for ya!
chucknorrisrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2009, 01:43 PM   #4
Generic269

Do you have a phobia of bugs? If so, perhaps you're paranoid about them.
Generic269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2009, 07:24 PM   #5
anthonyjr2

This happens to me sometimes when i'm REALLY stressed out. i usually just have to relax and calm down. i sometimes even realize that they aren't real so just ignore it completely. it looks weird just sitting there waiting for bugs to start crawling on you
anthonyjr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2009, 04:07 PM   #6
Chase6242

this happens to me like every second i keep thinking i see Beatles and things like that, i once saw a spider and i heard noises
Chase6242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2009, 07:15 PM   #7
IAMSAM
Legendary Member

Name: Sam!

Marcie, now we know you're not 'crazy', so that's not it. And these aren't really 'hallucinations', either. Actually, you'll be relieved to know they're sorta normal (and quite common), they're called 'Optical illusions'.

That's when you see faint outlines of things, but there isn't enough light or detail for the brain to accurately process the incoming optical data. So, the brain 'fills in the gaps' with info it already has. In this case, lying in bed, at night in the dark, means you're relaxed and your defenses are down. So, you're vulnerable. So, you're more likely to see creepy things, like bugs (which your brain has already identified as uber-creepy).

There!

(It's Ok to turn the light on to reassure yourself to do a reality check, just don't bump yourself again. Ouch!).

And if you need me, PM me, I've been 'preoccupied' lately.
IAMSAM is offline   Reply With Quote