Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Closed Thread

Old April 22nd, 2008, 08:27 PM   #1
Rutherford The Brave
Rutherford

Rutherford The Brave's Forum Picture

Name: Gregory
Default Well I think I might have an issue

Well, um how can I put this? Ok, me and my wife (basically) were in the Rainforest Cafe. Ironically we were trying to help her get over her fear of the place. So after a while it felt like something was trying to get into my mind, like I keep shaking. Then I just freaked out and flipped the table and started screaming. I just ran out and all I could here was the noise of the fake animals.

Drop Acid, Not Bombs.
Old January 28th, 2009, 10:38 PM   #2
Skeln
Great Poster

Skeln's Forum Picture

Name: Bobby
Default Re: Well I think I might have an issue

yeah...unnatural. I would not say you have schizophrenia...but I think it's one of the symptoms. I do have a list of them...but I'm not sure about the exact meaning of all of them. have this checked out.
Old February 21st, 2009, 06:46 AM   #3
Depressed-but-Hyper

You should go see a doctor, a professional, about what you experienced. Tell them exactly what you heard/saw/felt and they should be able to tell you whats wrong.

It may not be neccaserily schizophrenia, but it does sound like a symptom of it.

If you don't think you would be comfortable talking to a doctor, talk to your wife about it
Old February 21st, 2009, 06:46 PM   #4
ben01

I'd reccommend seeing a psychiatrist about it. I hope your wife responded kindly about it. I could only imagine just what it must have been like to experience this. So far you haven't said anything that actually relates to schizophrenia which is good. But watch out for positive and negative symptoms of schizophrenia anyways. Such as delusions, and hallucinations.Things that you see, hear,feel,smell,taste that do not exist. Watch for any mood disturbances as well. Example could be being totally happy and then the next minute extremely depressed or irritable.
Old February 22nd, 2009, 02:20 AM   #5
INFERNO
Awesome Poster

INFERNO's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben01 View Post
I'd reccommend seeing a psychiatrist about it. I hope your wife responded kindly about it. I could only imagine just what it must have been like to experience this. So far you haven't said anything that actually relates to schizophrenia which is good. But watch out for positive and negative symptoms of schizophrenia anyways. Such as delusions, and hallucinations.Things that you see, hear,feel,smell,taste that do not exist. Watch for any mood disturbances as well. Example could be being totally happy and then the next minute extremely depressed or irritable.
Your example is, well, hard to apply to schizophrenia. Yes, there are mood disturbances, but, no manic, major depressive or mixed episodes occur with the schizophrenic symptoms. If they do occur, then they are extremely brief.

I'd say to go and see a psychiatrist or psychologist. Currently, based on what you said alone, I wouldn't say schizophrenia. Not entirely sure what it'd be though.
Old March 2nd, 2009, 08:12 PM   #6
iseecreepys

possibly a psychotic episode???so what you can do with your doc about it
Old March 12th, 2009, 02:16 AM   #7
mabrown797

Also it's important to remember that if any other symptomes surface, they will seem completely real, and you will likely rebel against those around you who are trying to help you, because once a human sees, or feels, or hears something, they automatically percieve it to be absolutely true, with no doubts whatsoever. And the hardest thing for your loved ones would be you not letting them help you.
Old March 12th, 2009, 08:26 AM   #8
Strength
Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizco P1nK Lemonade View Post
Well, um how can I put this? Ok, me and my wife (basically) were in the Rainforest Cafe. Ironically we were trying to help her get over her fear of the place. So after a while it felt like something was trying to get into my mind, like I keep shaking. Then I just freaked out and flipped the table and started screaming. I just ran out and all I could here was the noise of the fake animals.
16 and you have a wife? O_o
Old March 12th, 2009, 10:03 AM   #9
Hyper
VT Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack View Post
16 and you have a wife? O_o
Yes thank you for the most relevant post!

Alright this keeps getting necroed

Locking, if OP wants me to reopen PM me

I'm tough, rough, ready and able
To pick myself up from under this table
Don't stick no sign on me, I got no label
I'm a little sick, unsure, unsound and unstable

But I'm fighting my way back
Closed Thread