Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old February 13th, 2009, 12:36 AM   #21
INFERNO
Awesome Poster

INFERNO's Forum Picture

Default Re: Think I might Be Schizo

Wanting to be ill can negatively effect you. For example, you could be so caught up in wanting to be ill that either you make yourself ill by taking something (i.e. something to get hallucinations, a common symptom of schizophrenia) or trying to impersonate having the disorder, and in doing so, you do something reckless or foolish and now are physically injured. Also, there's a social aspect: wanting to be ill in most areas is considered abnormal. If this spreads so others see it or you tell that this, or somehow they find out, it can impact your social interactions. This too can affect your general well-being, self-esteem, etc... .

I'm not sure if you've heard of pseudocyesis but if not, in more simpler terms, it's a false pregnancy. I'm not intending to imply you're going to be pregnant but this is merely an example. In this case, the patient truly is not pregnant. You can do ultrasounds to prove it. However, aside from the ultrasounds, it resembles a real pregnancy and more often than not, fools families, doctors and friends, however, there are a few tell-tale signs that may make it a bit easier to spot based simply on their behavior (this we don't need to delve into).

The point of that little example was that if you constantly think and truly believe above nothing else that you have some disorder, your body can indeed physiologically display symptoms of it. Getting this treated adds even more complication to the mix.

So, wanting to be ill can lead to you being affected psychologically, socially and physiologically.

As for the constant fear, this adds a bit of a complication. I only know you through these posts so what I say may not be entirely true due to a large lack of information. But, there may be a part of you that doesn't want to have schizophrenia. Perhaps this is your reasoning in realizing that schizophrenia isn't something to be sought after to have. I am assuming though that the fear (unless there's some other fear you have that you haven't mentioned) that it is from wanting this illness.

Vindication, I have to say, when I typed that about unipolar, I think I forgot that he wants to be ill and was analyzing only 1 part of the behavior. I think you meant psychosomatic and not psychosemantic. But, if you did mean psychosemantic, I've never heard of that (I even googled it to make sure and didn't get anything). But yes, psychosomatic does seem to be possible.

mmfan, in your first post on this thread you mentioned people are out to get you. Is this something you believe, do you see them or is this simply something you're trying to convince yourself of in hopes of getting this illness? I won't say what I think on this question until you reply to it (simply so you don't get any more biased views from me affecting your decision).
INFERNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2009, 10:40 PM   #22
Atonement
Daily Adventurer

Atonement's Forum Picture

Name: Addison
Default Re: Think I might Be Schizo

Quote:
Originally Posted by INFERNO View Post
I think you meant psychosomatic and not psychosemantic.
My bad, that is what I meant.

All you need is love.
Atonement is offline   Reply With Quote