Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old January 19th, 2009, 09:18 AM   #1
Wheelbarrowkid

Default My symptoms? You reckon I might need help?

Okay first of all ill tell you my symptoms:

*I hear whispers that I can't understand, garbbled stuff.
*I occasionaly have visions of demons, sometimes people
*Sometimes when in bed half asleep I feel all this energy collecting in my head, usually when having visions
*Sometimes when im in half sleep mode it feels like all this energy is going through my entire body, I can make it do this by focusing on 'everything in existance'.
*Sometimes I see a purple staticy light through out my vision, though hardly ever.
*One night I was in bed and felt something bad was going to happen, then that night a big earthquake happened.
*Sometimes I get sexual or violent thoughts in my head and they can last for a week and its hard to get rid of them
*Sometimes it feels like a ghost is trying to take over my mind and manipulate me.
*Sleep paralysis sometimes
*Sleep paralysis accompanied by demonic voices (cant understand)

Do you guys think I have skizophrenia or what? To be honest I thought that a negative being was harrassing me .. I dunno though. Id love your opinions. Plus please tell me if you have had similar symptoms.

BTW many times when I have heard demonic voices I have told them to leave in the name of god and lord jesus christ and theyve left straight away. When I got sleep paralysis this worked straight away too.
Wheelbarrowkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2009, 02:44 PM   #2
IAMSAM
Legendary Member

Name: Sam!
Default Re: My symptoms? You reckon I might need help?

Anyone in your family have schizophrenia or other serious mental illness? These things tend to run in families, one of the ways it's diagnosed is by assessing your symptoms and then seeing if, and comparing them to, others in your family (or extended family, like Grandparents, uncles, etc.).

If you're having these symptoms and they're frightening to you, if they interfere with your other responsibilities or your sense of well being, and if you not only experience them, but believe these events are occurring outside your head (like the voices and images), then you should tell your folks and get to a doctor who can properly assess what this all might mean.

Regardless of what you've got, there's good treatment to control the symptoms.
IAMSAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2009, 04:05 PM   #3
ShatteredWings
Under the Stars

ShatteredWings's Forum Picture

Name: Kyle

Except for the purple light, i've had just about everything you listed happen.
It's annoying at times, but unless you're really freaked out, I don't think it's too serious.
And, just about everyone has sleep paralysis at some point or another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAMSAM View Post
if you not only experience them, but believe these events are occurring outside your head (like the voices and images), then you should tell your folks and get to a doctor who can properly assess what this all might mean.
However, this is very true.
If you can't separate this from reality, then you need to get help. Doesn't seem to be the problem though, just by how you listed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphire_Flames View Post
VT turned me lesbo acid wankers wtf.
~Laura Was Here~
Retired Gmod
ShatteredWings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2009, 10:54 PM   #4
Wheelbarrowkid

Nope no one is my family has ever had it. Thanks guys for your advice.
Wheelbarrowkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2009, 10:26 PM   #5
Skeln
Great Poster

Skeln's Forum Picture

Name: Bobby

Well, still there is a probability. if you're posative about these symptoms, then I would have it checked out. but if you are able to distinguish these from reality, then there should be no problem. If you actually think these things are real and are happening, then ya bad sign. Not all the symptoms you listed are schizophrenic symptoms though. I can garantee 4 of the symptoms are symptoms of schizophrenia, the rest I do not know. whatever you do, if you do have schizophrenia, don';t look up cures on the internet. I recommend these for more info:
www.nimh.nih.gov
www.mentalhealth.samhsa.gov
www.nlm.nih.gov
www.fda.gov
DSM-III-R training Guide by William H. Reid &Micheal G. Wise

PS-I do sympathise with you I know schizophrenia is a tough thing through personal experiances. My friend has it as well as both my parents. Hope you dont have it.
Skeln is offline   Reply With Quote