Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Closed Thread

Old October 27th, 2008, 05:19 PM   #1
ChansonDeLaNuit

Default I think I may be Schizophrenic.

Hey. I don't really know what to write... But i've been researching Schizopenia for weeks when my friend first suggested i might have it...as after wot happened on a certain night i decided to tell her everything, and to be honest i match most of the symptoms. The thing is...i don't think my mum will believe me if i tell her. I've told two other people and they've told me to tell my mum but i don't know. I don't know who else to turn to...i'm not even sure if i HAVE schizophrenia. If someone who IS schizophrenic wud like to pm me so i cud tell THEM and they cud tell me if its likely or not, coz my friends dnt have schizophrenia or know anyone who is, thus i'm not sure whether to take their word for it. but i am really worried...as i do match most of the symptoms. if anyone could pm me i'd be ETERNALLY grateful!

Much Love. x
Old October 27th, 2008, 05:41 PM   #2
Donkey
Retired Administrator

Donkey's Forum Picture

Name: Jon
Default Re: I think I may be Schizophrenic.

Eternally grateful, lmao.

Anyway, tell your mum or just talk to your GP (doctor confidentiality) your mum will understand if

Old October 27th, 2008, 09:26 PM   #3
IAMSAM
Legendary Member

Name: Sam!

Well, we'd need to know what symptoms you've got that convince you that you're schizophrenic. Self diagnosis is notoriously inaccurate, esp. those little check lists. To be properly diagnosed with anything, you need a qualified professional to examine you. Maybe if you go to the school guidance person they might help you get to one.
Old October 29th, 2008, 05:21 PM   #4
SiilkeDuude

Hmm, I don't know how to pm you so yeah I'll just talk to you over here...

Well I'm a schizo so if you could tell me about your symptoms I might be able to tell you if there's a possibility that you're schizo or not. (:

x
Old October 31st, 2008, 04:10 AM   #5
Mr. Smithers
Banned

Name: August

Just talk to your school psychologist. Usually you either are or not. Its not almost or maybe. Then they might ask your parents to send you to a therapist and a psychologist.
Old December 6th, 2008, 04:20 AM   #6
Raynes
Member+

Raynes's Forum Picture

Name: Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiilkeDuude View Post
Hmm, I don't know how to pm you so yeah I'll just talk to you over here...

Well I'm a schizo so if you could tell me about your symptoms I might be able to tell you if there's a possibility that you're schizo or not. (:

x
Just because you are a schizo, doesn't mean you have the exact same symptoms as him/her. Don't attempt to diagnose him/her, that could turn out bad.
Old December 6th, 2008, 08:39 AM   #7
Lola4563

I agree with most of the posts here. Talk to a professional.
Old December 22nd, 2008, 12:07 PM   #8
sirma
Junior Member+

sorry, but what is Schizophrenia?

Hi people!
Old December 24th, 2008, 04:55 PM   #9
Burnthecity
Member++

Burnthecity's Forum Picture

Name: Lou

its basicly split personality if im correct
Old December 24th, 2008, 05:50 PM   #10
foof1
Member+

foof1's Forum Picture

You should ask your mom if you could go see a doctor to get it diagnosed to see if you have it. And if it's not schizo you can find out what it is.
Old December 24th, 2008, 10:49 PM   #11
thesphinx
Awesome Poster

thesphinx's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by supernik4 View Post
sorry, but what is Schizophrenia?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnthecity View Post
its basicly split personality if im correct

Schizophrenia:

Schizophrenia is a mental illness that usually strikes in late adolescence or early adulthood, but can strike at any time in life. The signs and symptoms vary from individual to individual, but all people with the disorder show one or more of the following symptoms:
1. Delusions: These are beliefs that are not true, such as feeling people are following or trying to hurt them, believing other people can read their minds, or beliefs that they have special powers or abilities.
2. Hallucinations: This usually takes the form of hearing voices that are not there, but people with schizophrenia may also see, smell, taste, and feel things that are not there.
3. Bizarre behavior: This can be expressed in many different ways. In short, the individual behaves in ways that seem inappropriate or strange to other people.
4. Disorganized speech: The individual speaks in ways that are hard to understand. For instance, sentences might not make sense, or topic of conversation changes with little or no connection between sentences. Sometimes speech is completely incomprehensible.
5. "Negative symptoms": This includes lack of motivation or interest, diminished cognitive functioning, and decreased emotional expression. Individuals may lose interest in attending to their own personal hygiene, have little interest in interacting with others, and rarely seem to feel or express strong emotions.

In addition to these above symptoms, people with schizophrenia suffer a decline in their level of functioning; for instance, they may not be able to work at a job that requires the same level of skill or concentration as the job they held before they became ill required, or they may lose all ability to withstand the pressures of the working world. They may show a decline in their ability to attend to household chores or all the demands of raising their children, and/or they may not be able to have a full social life anymore.

Sometimes schizophrenia is a chronic condition, and the individual afflicted is constantly experiencing hallucinations or other symptoms of the disorder. Other people have periods of time when they are relatively symptom-free but have periods of more acute psychosis. Every individual is different, and every person with schizophrenia experiences the disease in a different way.

Hope that clears some stuff up.

-former-Psychiatric Ward & Help and Advice Moderator
Need help? You can talk to me anytime.
[email protected]
http://a377.ac-images.myspacecdn.com...a582553c18.jpg
-Michael
Old December 27th, 2008, 08:18 PM   #12
INFERNO
Awesome Poster

INFERNO's Forum Picture

Don't bother to self-diagnose. Either you're wrong and try to mold yourself to make it seem like you actually have something (and in the process, screw yourself up more), or you're right and cant quit thinking of anything else. You also may miss out on other disorders. To get a diagnosis, there's a criteria which you have to meet, not only "fitting some symptoms". We all can fit symptoms of a variety of disorders yet don't meet the criteria to have it.

And no, schizophrenia is not split-personality. Hollywood and the media love to play on that nonsense and the term "schizophrenia" is somewhat misleading. I believe the actual word means split-personality even though the actual disorder is not that.

SiilkeDuude, even though you may have schizophrenia (as do I), it doesn't mean we're all-knowing and can say whether or not someone else also has it. That'd be simply amazing if we were all-knowing (and having immense power with that) however, we don't.

ChansonDeLaNuit, not to sound like a broken record but go and see a professional about it. Doddling on whether or not you have it or how many symptoms you claim to match does absolutely nothing for you. There are also various types of schizophrenia, and you'd need proper treatment for each kind.
Old January 3rd, 2009, 04:36 PM   #13
matty1781

matty1781's Forum Picture

Name: matty

tell ur mum
Old January 3rd, 2009, 08:29 PM   #14
Atonement
Daily Adventurer

Atonement's Forum Picture

Name: Addison

This member has not been active since Halloween, so if the OP requests this to be opened again, they may PM me. Until then, this is old and locked

All you need is love.
Closed Thread