Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old December 3rd, 2008, 01:22 PM   #1
krystalm

krystalm's Forum Picture

Default Finally!

I have gotten somewhere, i've never been more excited! For years I've been battling with depression, my doctors all considered it major depression or chronic depression, and I've seen atleast 4 different psychiatrists in the past year. Finally I found one, and instead of just going in with my mom, I also brought in my older brother. When the lady began to ask about my personality my mom would give this whole depression side of me, and then when it came to my brother.. he like gave this whole differnet interpretation, which my doctor calls my mania, like listening to it, i was two completely different people.. , i mean i have dissociative problems, and i really don't realize it, but i recently lost someone close to me because i was impulsive and irritable and crazy and etc.. then he said sometimes i would be so different, but i always just pushed it aside and never cared about it. and my psychiatrist said " no wonder you haven't gotten anywhere and meds keep wearing off, you aren't being treated for the right diagnosis"

The meds haven't really started working, because i'm on lamictal and they have to slowly ween you on it, but i've never been more excited and hopeful, jeez I never thought i'd be excited for being bi-polar, but like i said, maybe it's because i feel like i'm getting somewhere. for the first time i didn't cry after an appointment!
krystalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2008, 05:07 PM   #2
AutumnDae
<3

AutumnDae's Forum Picture

Name: Autumn
Default Re: Finally!

That's great. Not that you are bipolar, but that you are feeling better about this. When I was sick with my disorder the doctor came up with all these theories, and it was really scary because they were telling me if this medication didn't work my brain could swell and I could die. Thankfully they found the right disorder.

You will get somewhere!

[It's FEARLESS to have faith that someday things will change. FEARLESS is having the courage to say goodbye to someone who only hurts you, even if you can't breathe without them. And when someone apologizes to you enough times for things they'll never stop doing I think it's FEARLESS to stop believing them. Letting go is FEARLESS. But no matter what love throws at you, you have to believe in it. You have to believe in love stories and prince charmings and happily ever after.]
~Laura was here~
AutumnDae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2008, 06:00 PM   #3
Hyper
VT Lover

That is good, finding a good ''shrink''

Also about the different person thing.. It depends on the interperter but usually people around you all have very different versions.. Which is logical since our relations with people are different

Well best of luck to you, hope you get some meds that work and don't have nasty effects :X

I'm tough, rough, ready and able
To pick myself up from under this table
Don't stick no sign on me, I got no label
I'm a little sick, unsure, unsound and unstable

But I'm fighting my way back
Hyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2008, 08:27 PM   #4
Sapphire
Tears & Smiles

Sapphire's Forum Picture

Good that you have finally found a diagnosis that makes sense to you.

Just out of curiosity, how did the anti-depressants affect you when you were taking them?

~ The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step ~

* Nothing in the world has ever been accomplished without passion *
Sapphire is offline   Reply With Quote