Virtual Teen Forums
 

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 22nd, 2018, 05:54 PM   #41
Uniquemind
VT Lover
 
Join Date: April 1, 2015
Location: USA
Gender: Other
Default Re: School Walkouts and Marches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmaxd123 View Post
your statement proves my argument AGAINST more rules, regulations, and bans.

as nudistfun already said if we can't police whats on the books why make more laws?

Chicago is notoriously bad for shootings but also notoriously strict on their gun laws.



someone also said "politicians need to listen to us" a few weeks ago students were making the news for eating laundry detergent! I know it's not the same ones eating laundry detergent then going out and saying "hey lets have a conversation about gun control" but it's still a bit hard to be taken seriously when those are both coming from the same school buildings

I already debunked this belief about how Chicago's gun violence, supports the position that gun laws are ineffective.

Chicago, Illinois, has some of the toughest gun laws in the country yes, the but reason crime with guns still is prevalent and unchanged is because the states neighboring are a convenient drive away, and those states have some of the most lax laws in regards to guns in the entire country.

So really what we need is a nationwide crackdown, that goes beyond state borders so we can at least gather the data on how laws like that work, WITH RESPECT TO the fact that so many guns are out in circulation, you'd need to wait a century or so to see the effects of, and THEN make a judgement to see if such laws have an effect.
Likes: (2)
Uniquemind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2018, 11:42 PM   #42
NewLeafsFan
Awesome Poster
 
Name: Cedrick
Join Date: December 14, 2016
Location: Ontario, Canada
Gender: Male
Default Re: School Walkouts and Marches

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaHam View Post
Wild hog and wolf hunting often uses rapid fire weapons, as they are tough animals that often require multiple shots to put down and you really don't want to be fiddling with a manual reload while a pissed off 300lb boar is bearing down on you. They are also often used for smaller game, like rabbits, where you often need to take multiple shots to finally hit the animal.

And in reality, there are no assault rifles in the legal-market, at least ones not heavily regulated and controlled. AR-15s for instance, are not assault rifles, as they don't have selective fire (full-auto mode). Instead, they are grouped under "assault weapons" which is really just a meaningless term made up back in the 90s to refer to whatever guns politicians wanted to cast in a negative light. Assault rifles were banned from further production back in the 80s. The only way you can get an assault rifle is to by one made prior to 1986, which involves far more paperwork and background checks than your typical gun, and is really expensive.
Sure, but to many the real threat is within. What if someday there becomes some tyrannical fascist leader in the USA, how then to fight back? That's the point of the 2nd Amendment, not to defend against foreign invasion, but to fight back against the tyranny of your our government, which is exactly what happened in 1775 when the American colonists decided enough was enough when dealing with the British. And ironically the whole war was started at Lexington and Concord, because the British were trying to take their guns to prevent an uprising.

And think I'm conspiratorial for believing that there is a possibility of an American dictatorship? Just look at the backlash against Trump, the lefties are constantly saying that he is just Hitler with a spray tan. Yet for some reason the exact same people are saying that the only people who should own guns is the government, which is lead by the same person they believe want to slaughter every minority in the country. #LiberalLogic
I don't understand what you are getting at? Are you suggesting that if a tyrant is elected, you have the constitutional right to murder them? And security is so tight, I don't think someone would be able to kill the president if they wanted to. I don't think what you are saying is a possibility.


Canada / Sport Management (Hockey) Major / Straight / Left-Wing Progressive / 18 yrs old

Cedrick Desjardins
NewLeafsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2018, 12:00 AM   #43
Sailor Mars
Global Moderator
 
Sailor Mars's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: August 26, 2015
Location: NYC
Gender: Female
Default Re: School Walkouts and Marches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southside View Post
It takes a school of kids in suburban American being gunned down for protest and legislative pressure to happen

What about the 600+ murders last year in the streets of Chicago? No one is ever outraged about that

Guess when itís inner city, people of color..the rest of America turns a blind eye to it
Thatís a good point. I canít as a person of color, because Iím white, but inner city I can speak. I think itís just become so normalized that people donít even notice anymore. Media and people have demonized African Americans and Latinos, urban communities, basically, with all the gang talk and stereotypes. Hell, the president even says shit like that. Itís so... typical? I guess, for lack of a better word, that people donít realize itís really an issue. It takes things like school shootings or club shootings in suburban areas, something ďout of the ordinaryĒ (not anymore, with how often it is) for people to realize.

As shitty as a situation it is, minorities have been cast aside because of stereotypes and false representation, guns and violence seem normal in urban communities, so no one thinks of it as an issue.

"The head may err, but never the blood.Ē
Nice salt pouch, asshole
barely getting bi

~Endeavour was here~
~Mike Was Here~
Elysium is the one tru brodie
Sailor Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2018, 12:46 AM   #44
Southside
Awesome Poster
 
Southside's Forum Picture
 
Name: J. Anthony
Join Date: March 3, 2013
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Default Re: School Walkouts and Marches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmaxd123 View Post
your statement proves my argument AGAINST more rules, regulations, and bans.

as nudistfun already said if we can't police whats on the books why make more laws?

Chicago is notoriously bad for shootings but also notoriously strict on their gun laws.



someone also said "politicians need to listen to us" a few weeks ago students were making the news for eating laundry detergent! I know it's not the same ones eating laundry detergent then going out and saying "hey lets have a conversation about gun control" but it's still a bit hard to be taken seriously when those are both coming from the same school buildings

Dog.. I could drive 15 minutes to Indiana and buy a gym bag full of handguns, come back to Chicago and sell em out the trunk of my car. You can get a gun as easy as a bag of chips here in Chicago.Lot of the guns used in crimes here are traced back to states with less stricter gun laws such as Indy and many southern states.

I know guys our age(16-20) who carry loaded guns on em like it’s a iPhone

These streets are wild man, Chicago has a gang problem not a gun problem

Until there is equal outrage nationwide when it comes to gun violence among urban, people of color....I cannot take any of these walkouts and political debates seriously. I’ve seen too many of my own shot down in the streets to even be outraged when gun terror visits suburban America.

For my dogs workin' 9 to 5 that still hustle cause a nigga cant shine off $6.55

Last edited by Southside; February 23rd, 2018 at 12:55 AM.
Southside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2018, 09:13 PM   #45
Sailor Mars
Global Moderator
 
Sailor Mars's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: August 26, 2015
Location: NYC
Gender: Female
Default Re: School Walkouts and Marches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southside View Post
Dog.. I could drive 15 minutes to Indiana and buy a gym bag full of handguns, come back to Chicago and sell em out the trunk of my car. You can get a gun as easy as a bag of chips here in Chicago.Lot of the guns used in crimes here are traced back to states with less stricter gun laws such as Indy and many southern states.

I know guys our age(16-20) who carry loaded guns on em like it’s a iPhone

These streets are wild man, Chicago has a gang problem not a gun problem

Until there is equal outrage nationwide when it comes to gun violence among urban, people of color....I cannot take any of these walkouts and political debates seriously. I’ve seen too many of my own shot down in the streets to even be outraged when gun terror visits suburban America.
Same here... think bout guns in New York, shit is super strict. What do u do? Go out of state, bring em back, hand em out. Easy as that. It’s insane.

I agree with you to a point, there should be massive amounts of outrage, and it is brought to light because of white/suburban schools being shot up. However, I think as long as these protests get the point across that “Guns are bad” and we should be prioritizing children over weapons, it’s fine with me. Along with it, i think, urban communities and minority groups will start to speak up as well, and the issues of gang violence and guns in urban neighborhoods will also be brought up.

"The head may err, but never the blood.Ē
Nice salt pouch, asshole
barely getting bi

~Endeavour was here~
~Mike Was Here~
Elysium is the one tru brodie
Sailor Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2018, 11:40 PM   #46
jack2001
Member
 
Name: Jack
Join Date: August 7, 2017
Location: TX
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Default Re: School Walkouts and Marches

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaHam View Post
I think the whole thing is clearly just an emotional, irrational response to a tragedy, stoked by those who want to exploit it for political ends. Let's be honest, the vast majority of teenagers are not well informed on this issue. There are exceptions of course, but honestly the vast majority of students are just repeating whatever agenda their friends, parents, or the media has instilled in them.

The idea that the NRA is some sort of cabal that controls the government and doesn't represents actual Americans is just ridiculous. The NRA is not in the top 10 of lobbying groups, it isn't even in the top 50, which is the largest list I could find online. In fact, anti-gun groups like Soros and Priorities USA lobby considerably more than the NRA.

Nevermind the fact that the NRA is entirely supported by individual donations from millions of members. Contrasts that with most other lobbying groups, which typically get most of their wealth through corporate donations, billionaire backers, or forced union dues. So unless you want to start doing something about how unions and Soros owns Democrats, it seems really hypocritical to want to destroy the NRA because you falsely believe it owns the Republicans.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/16/nra-...ommentary.html

https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/list.php?cycle=ALL



Wild hog and wolf hunting often uses rapid fire weapons, as they are tough animals that often require multiple shots to put down and you really don't want to be fiddling with a manual reload while a pissed off 300lb boar is bearing down on you. They are also often used for smaller game, like rabbits, where you often need to take multiple shots to finally hit the animal.

And in reality, there are no assault rifles in the legal-market, at least ones not heavily regulated and controlled. AR-15s for instance, are not assault rifles, as they don't have selective fire (full-auto mode). Instead, they are grouped under "assault weapons" which is really just a meaningless term made up back in the 90s to refer to whatever guns politicians wanted to cast in a negative light. Assault rifles were banned from further production back in the 80s. The only way you can get an assault rifle is to by one made prior to 1986, which involves far more paperwork and background checks than your typical gun, and is really expensive.
Sure, but to many the real threat is within. What if someday there becomes some tyrannical fascist leader in the USA, how then to fight back? That's the point of the 2nd Amendment, not to defend against foreign invasion, but to fight back against the tyranny of your our government, which is exactly what happened in 1775 when the American colonists decided enough was enough when dealing with the British. And ironically the whole war was started at Lexington and Concord, because the British were trying to take their guns to prevent an uprising.

And think I'm conspiratorial for believing that there is a possibility of an American dictatorship? Just look at the backlash against Trump, the lefties are constantly saying that he is just Hitler with a spray tan. Yet for some reason the exact same people are saying that the only people who should own guns is the government, which is lead by the same person they believe want to slaughter every minority in the country. #LiberalLogic
No one needs an AR-15 for any reason ever. Just don't hunt wild boar. Also, the protests aren't "an emotional outburst." Obviously, we're tired of Americans being shot and we're tired of Republicans taking money from the NRA over the lives of citizens. And yes, I do know that Obama had a chance to introduce common sense gun control, and I'm pissed that wasn't a priority for him. Also, the US Government is the most powerful entity on the planet. Do you really think a group of citizens could take on the government with some AR-15's? Not a chance.

16 years old, straight/curious, runner, martial artist
jack2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2018, 12:49 AM   #47
Voice_Of_Unreason
Awesome Poster
 
Voice_Of_Unreason's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: July 7, 2016
Location: Irrationality
Gender: Male
Default Re: School Walkouts and Marches

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack2001 View Post
No one needs an AR-15 for any reason ever. Just don't hunt wild boar.
You do realize wild boar are a major ecological threat to the USA? They are an invasive species that eats a huge amount of foliage and is quite aggressive. For that reason they are one of the few animals without a defined hunting season or take-limits in most states. If we stopped hunting boar, then there will be massive ecological damage. Given that you are clearly a leftist, I am assuming you care a lot about the environment. Would you like to be in part responsible for the extinction of native animals just because you are scared of a weapon that millions of people own and use responsibly?

Quote:
Also, the protests aren't "an emotional outburst."
Nearly all protests in the wake of a tragedy are the results of emotional outbursts. That's just common sense, if a bit pessimistic. And just looking at the responses from it: e.i. comparing the NRA to the National Socialist Party, advocating for the immediate confiscation of all guns, accusing conservatives of being directly responsible for said actions, advocating violence against NRA members, etc. Those clearly are not rational responses, those are emotional. If the argument against gun rights can be won with rational, then it would already be. But it can't, which is why the emotional duress of such tragedies is exploited instead.
Quote:
Obviously, we're tired of Americans being shot and we're tired of Republicans taking money from the NRA over the lives of citizens.
Planned Parenthood donates far more to Democrats than the NRA goes to Republicans. I know you are pro-choice, and likely pro-Planned Parenthood, so I would suggest you re-evaluate your "The NRA controls Washington" conspiracy.

Quote:
Also, the US Government is the most powerful entity on the planet. Do you really think a group of citizens could take on the government with some AR-15's? Not a chance.
I'm sure they said something very similar back in 1775 America.
Voice_Of_Unreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2018, 04:37 PM   #48
mattsmith48
VT Voice of reason
 
Name: matt
Join Date: March 8, 2014
Location: canada
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Default Re: School Walkouts and Marches

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack2001 View Post
Also, the US Government is the most powerful entity on the planet. Do you really think a group of citizens could take on the government with some AR-15's? Not a chance.
Actually it is the US military that is the powerful entity that citizens would have to fight in their fantasy world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaHam View Post
Nearly all protests in the wake of a tragedy are the results of emotional outbursts. That's just common sense, if a bit pessimistic. And just looking at the responses from it: e.i. comparing the NRA to the National Socialist Party, advocating for the immediate confiscation of all guns, accusing conservatives of being directly responsible for said actions, advocating violence against NRA members, etc. Those clearly are not rational responses, those are emotional. If the argument against gun rights can be won with rational, then it would already be. But it can't, which is why the emotional duress of such tragedies is exploited instead.
Planned Parenthood donates far more to Democrats than the NRA goes to Republicans. I know you are pro-choice, and likely pro-Planned Parenthood, so I would suggest you re-evaluate your "The NRA controls Washington" conspiracy.
You are comparing NRA to Planned Parenthood? That's low, but fine show us the evidence of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsmith48
There is no such thing as liberal or conservative media, the only thing the media cares about is either money or the truth.
mattsmith48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2018, 06:23 PM   #49
jack2001
Member
 
Name: Jack
Join Date: August 7, 2017
Location: TX
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaHam View Post
You do realize wild boar are a major ecological threat to the USA? They are an invasive species that eats a huge amount of foliage and is quite aggressive. For that reason they are one of the few animals without a defined hunting season or take-limits in most states. If we stopped hunting boar, then there will be massive ecological damage. Given that you are clearly a leftist, I am assuming you care a lot about the environment. Would you like to be in part responsible for the extinction of native animals just because you are scared of a weapon that millions of people own and use responsibly?


Nearly all protests in the wake of a tragedy are the results of emotional outbursts. That's just common sense, if a bit pessimistic. And just looking at the responses from it: e.i. comparing the NRA to the National Socialist Party, advocating for the immediate confiscation of all guns, accusing conservatives of being directly responsible for said actions, advocating violence against NRA members, etc. Those clearly are not rational responses, those are emotional. If the argument against gun rights can be won with rational, then it would already be. But it can't, which is why the emotional duress of such tragedies is exploited instead.


Planned Parenthood donates far more to Democrats than the NRA goes to Republicans. I know you are pro-choice, and likely pro-Planned Parenthood, so I would suggest you re-evaluate your "The NRA controls Washington" conspiracy.


I'm sure they said something very similar back in 1775 America.
I'm aware of the wild boar infestation. I do live in Texas, after all. Once again, the protests aren't emotional outbursts. Teens want our voices to be heard, and considering most of us can't vote, this is the best way to do it. Also, comparing the NRA to Planned Parenthood is like comparing bananas and broccoli. They're two completely different organizations with different motives. Also, the English in 1775 didn't have access to tanks, missiles, and literally dozens of other advanced weaponry the US does today. If a citizen group tries to go against the US, they will lose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsmith48 View Post
Actually it is the US military that is the powerful entity that citizens would have to fight in their fantasy world.
That is exactly what I said.




double posts merged ~ Val

16 years old, straight/curious, runner, martial artist

Last edited by xXl0sth0peXx; March 8th, 2018 at 12:44 PM.
jack2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2018, 02:49 PM   #50
Voice_Of_Unreason
Awesome Poster
 
Voice_Of_Unreason's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: July 7, 2016
Location: Irrationality
Gender: Male
Default Re: School Walkouts and Marches

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsmith48 View Post
You are comparing NRA to Planned Parenthood? That's low, but fine show us the evidence of that.
I know, comparing a group whose sole purpose is to defend constitutional rights with a group who is most famous for killing infants and selling their body parts, but it works for my purposes.

I believe I already made this argument clear in one of the many other recent gun control threads, but I'll quickly rethread it. If you want a more detailed and sourced argument, go find my previous post. But anyways, the NRA is small fry in the political lobbying and donation circles, around 5 million annually*. Not even in the top 50 of lobbying groups. Planned Parenthood isn't a huge donator either, but it does donate and spend more political money than the NRA, with most estimates being 3-8 times more than the NRA. Nevermind the fact that Planned Parenthood, a clearly partisan lobbying group, gets 500 million plus dollars of federal funding, while the NRA gets none. So if the Dems want to insist the Republicans are bathing in NRA "blood money", then they better take a look a good look at themselves before they bathe in that Planned Parenthood "blood money".

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack2001 View Post
I'm aware of the wild boar infestation. I do live in Texas, after all.
Alright, then you are aware that the only way to effectively deal with them is to kill them, with is most effectively and safely done with a semi-auto rifle, like the AR-15?
Quote:
Once again, the protests aren't emotional outbursts. Teens want our voices to be heard, and considering most of us can't vote, this is the best way to do it.
You are just repeating yourself now, come up with an actual point please.
Quote:
Also, comparing the NRA to Planned Parenthood is like comparing bananas and broccoli. They're two completely different organizations with different motives.
See above.

Quote:
Also, the English in 1775 didn't have access to tanks, missiles, and literally dozens of other advanced weaponry the US does today. If a citizen group tries to go against the US, they will lose.
If you know your history, then you know that rebel groups don't win through direct military victory. Such is nearly impossible. Rebel groups win by convincing the enemy populace that continued warfare just isn't worth it. That's how the American Revolution was won, and that is how the Viet-Cong won the Vietnam war. Just imagine the massive unpopularity of a war in which the American government is rolling tanks through the streets and firing missiles at it's own populace. Just imagine the numerous American troops that would abandon their ranks, leaving the US Military in a lack of man-power. The draft would likely be re-instated. Nations sympathetic to the rebels would soon start to give them aid of weapons and equipment, just like the French and Spanish during the Revolution. They may eventually even directly join the fighting, like the British were very close to during the Civil War.

That's all speculation of course, but in the realm of possibility. Wars and Revolutions are as much political as they are actual warfare. Fascinating honestly, but I've probably bored you already.
Voice_Of_Unreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2018, 04:32 PM   #51
mattsmith48
VT Voice of reason
 
Name: matt
Join Date: March 8, 2014
Location: canada
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Default Re: School Walkouts and Marches

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaHam View Post
I know, comparing a group whose sole purpose is to defend constitutional rights with a group who is most famous for killing infants and selling their body parts, but it works for my purposes.
Wait the NRA is selling body parts? Since when? Isn't that illegal? And you support those people?

Also the NRA is not only responsible for the death of infants, but also the deaths of children, teenagers and adults, and animals too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaHam View Post
I believe I already made this argument clear in one of the many other recent gun control threads, but I'll quickly rethread it. If you want a more detailed and sourced argument, go find my previous post. But anyways, the NRA is small fry in the political lobbying and donation circles, around 5 million annually*. Not even in the top 50 of lobbying groups. Planned Parenthood isn't a huge donator either, but it does donate and spend more political money than the NRA, with most estimates being 3-8 times more than the NRA. Nevermind the fact that Planned Parenthood, a clearly partisan lobbying group, gets 500 million plus dollars of federal funding, while the NRA gets none. So if the Dems want to insist the Republicans are bathing in NRA "blood money", then they better take a look a good look at themselves before they bathe in that Planned Parenthood "blood money".
So then you shouldn't have any problem showing us numbers comparing the two groups?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsmith48
There is no such thing as liberal or conservative media, the only thing the media cares about is either money or the truth.
mattsmith48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2018, 06:24 PM   #52
jack2001
Member
 
Name: Jack
Join Date: August 7, 2017
Location: TX
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Default Re: School Walkouts and Marches

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaHam View Post
I know, comparing a group whose sole purpose is to defend constitutional rights with a group who is most famous for killing infants and selling their body parts, but it works for my purposes.

I believe I already made this argument clear in one of the many other recent gun control threads, but I'll quickly rethread it. If you want a more detailed and sourced argument, go find my previous post. But anyways, the NRA is small fry in the political lobbying and donation circles, around 5 million annually*. Not even in the top 50 of lobbying groups. Planned Parenthood isn't a huge donator either, but it does donate and spend more political money than the NRA, with most estimates being 3-8 times more than the NRA. Nevermind the fact that Planned Parenthood, a clearly partisan lobbying group, gets 500 million plus dollars of federal funding, while the NRA gets none. So if the Dems want to insist the Republicans are bathing in NRA "blood money", then they better take a look a good look at themselves before they bathe in that Planned Parenthood "blood money".

Alright, then you are aware that the only way to effectively deal with them is to kill them, with is most effectively and safely done with a semi-auto rifle, like the AR-15?

You are just repeating yourself now, come up with an actual point please.
See above.


If you know your history, then you know that rebel groups don't win through direct military victory. Such is nearly impossible. Rebel groups win by convincing the enemy populace that continued warfare just isn't worth it. That's how the American Revolution was won, and that is how the Viet-Cong won the Vietnam war. Just imagine the massive unpopularity of a war in which the American government is rolling tanks through the streets and firing missiles at it's own populace. Just imagine the numerous American troops that would abandon their ranks, leaving the US Military in a lack of man-power. The draft would likely be re-instated. Nations sympathetic to the rebels would soon start to give them aid of weapons and equipment, just like the French and Spanish during the Revolution. They may eventually even directly join the fighting, like the British were very close to during the Civil War.

That's all speculation of course, but in the realm of possibility. Wars and Revolutions are as much political as they are actual warfare. Fascinating honestly, but I've probably bored you already.
You're repeating yourself as well, but I guess I'll say it again since you clearly aren't understanding. The protests are simply a way for teens to voice their opinions because we can't vote. You do understand that the voting age is 18, right? Most teens aren't 18+, so the protests are simply the best way to let politicians know we want change. Also, shooting feral hogs is not the only way to kill them, and there are many other guns that can do the job besides the AR-15. If you need an AR-15 to hunt, then you probably shouldn't be hunting. You also completely missed my point about the whole revolution. What I'm saying is that the revolution would be over before it even began. A lot of people say they'd revolt against the government, but that's all talk, because deep down, they know they don't stand a chance. And thirdly, if you're bringing history into this, it's best not to cherry pick. There have been a lot more unsuccessful revolutions than successful ones.

16 years old, straight/curious, runner, martial artist
jack2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2018, 07:19 PM   #53
Voice_Of_Unreason
Awesome Poster
 
Voice_Of_Unreason's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: July 7, 2016
Location: Irrationality
Gender: Male
Default Re: School Walkouts and Marches

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack2001 View Post
You're repeating yourself as well, but I guess I'll say it again since you clearly aren't understanding. The protests are simply a way for teens to voice their opinions because we can't vote. You do understand that the voting age is 18, right? Most teens aren't 18+, so the protests are simply the best way to let politicians know we want change.
And I'll say again the protests are just emotional outbursts from scared teenagers which are being encouraged and manipulated by the Left and the media. I'll say again that the irrational and hate-filled rhetoric you hear from these protesters is evidence aplenty of an emotional, not rational, attitude. And I'll say again that most teenagers are ignorant of the NRA, gun-laws, and the US Constitution, which I know from personal experience. You just repeating your mantra that these teens are entirely rational and just want change isn't convincing anyone.
Quote:
Also, shooting feral hogs is not the only way to kill them, and there are many other guns that can do the job besides the AR-15. If you need an AR-15 to hunt, then you probably shouldn't be hunting.
For a Texan, you don't seem very aware of hunting. Hogs are aggressive and smart pack animals. Using a single-fire weapon means at best you can only take a single animal at a time, greatly slowing you down. Semi-auto rifles allow you to take multiple animals, and defend yourself if a ticked off boar charges you. It is simply the most effective route. The only other real method to deal with hogs is traps, which even then aren't great because hogs are often smart enough to know to avoid them.
Quote:
If you need an AR-15 to hunt, then you probably shouldn't be hunting.
Okay... Do you hunt? Because if so I'm assuming you use a hand-crafted twine bow with stone-head arrows? After all, if you need a gun to hunt, then you probably shouldn't be hunting.

Anyhow, I use both an AR-15 and a recurve bow to hunt. Both have advantages and disadvantages. The AR-15 is not some ultra cheat-code that allows just any ole Joe with no skills to kill a deer within an hour like you are saying. Those who deride the AR-15 as "unfair" in hunting clearly have never hunted with one.

Quote:
And thirdly, if you're bringing history into this, it's best not to cherry pick. There have been a lot more unsuccessful revolutions than successful ones.
Oh, I'm not trying to cherry pick to put forward the idea that a revolution is definitely going to win. After all, I referenced the American Civil War numerous times, where the rebels did lose. I'm just trying to explain to you that simply saying "the rebels will have no chance because the government has stronger weapons" is far too simplistic of an argument. I am well aware that revolutions typically fail, but I am also well aware revolutions have succeeded despite seemingly impossible odds. I'm just saying there is a chance, you are saying that there is absolutely no chance. Which one of us is the closed-minded one?
Voice_Of_Unreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2018, 08:35 PM   #54
Sailor Mars
Global Moderator
 
Sailor Mars's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: August 26, 2015
Location: NYC
Gender: Female
Default Re: School Walkouts and Marches

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaHam View Post
And I'll say again the protests are just emotional outbursts from scared teenagers which are being encouraged and manipulated by the Left and the media. I'll say again that the irrational and hate-filled rhetoric you hear from these protesters is evidence aplenty of an emotional, not rational, attitude. And I'll say again that most teenagers are ignorant of the NRA, gun-laws, and the US Constitution, which I know from personal experience. You just repeating your mantra that these teens are entirely rational and just want change isn't convincing anyone.
For a Texan, you don't seem very aware of hunting. Hogs are aggressive and smart pack animals. Using a single-fire weapon means at best you can only take a single animal at a time, greatly slowing you down. Semi-auto rifles allow you to take multiple animals, and defend yourself if a ticked off boar charges you. It is simply the most effective route. The only other real method to deal with hogs is traps, which even then aren't great because hogs are often smart enough to know to avoid them.
Okay... Do you hunt? Because if so I'm assuming you use a hand-crafted twine bow with stone-head arrows? After all, if you need a gun to hunt, then you probably shouldn't be hunting.

Anyhow, I use both an AR-15 and a recurve bow to hunt. Both have advantages and disadvantages. The AR-15 is not some ultra cheat-code that allows just any ole Joe with no skills to kill a deer within an hour like you are saying. Those who deride the AR-15 as "unfair" in hunting clearly have never hunted with one.

Oh, I'm not trying to cherry pick to put forward the idea that a revolution is definitely going to win. After all, I referenced the American Civil War numerous times, where the rebels did lose. I'm just trying to explain to you that simply saying "the rebels will have no chance because the government has stronger weapons" is far too simplistic of an argument. I am well aware that revolutions typically fail, but I am also well aware revolutions have succeeded despite seemingly impossible odds. I'm just saying there is a chance, you are saying that there is absolutely no chance. Which one of us is the closed-minded one?
Iím curious as to why youíre set that teenagers and youth are marching and protesting because weíre being brainwashed by left media... Iím pretty sure the teens of Parkland are marching because their classmates and friends were shot and killed before their eyes, not because theyíre being manipulated by the media. Iím pretty sure a large majority of the youth in America that are partaking in these events are because they see the kids down in Florida taking a stand against gun violence and loose gun laws, and not because theyíre being manipulated by the media.

I just donít see why you guys are defending the weapons that are being used in mass shootings so often, rather than the youth and people of America. Do lives mean so little?... im genuinly confused...

Shootings and gun violence have always been a thing, but itís become a trend of mass shootings now. Hundreds being killed... but you guys are still defending ďmuh, muh second amendmentĒ. If youíre so supportive of the constitution and the bill of rights, then why are you trying to discourage these protests and calls for change? Why are you so negative about people, children, standing up and saying that human lives are more important than weapons? Whatís so bad about wanting stricter regulations on guns? About not wanting criminals or mentally unstable people to get their hands on automatic rifles? Were not saying you canít have guns, weíre saying we donít want people with domestic abuse charges, people with anger management issues or schizophrenia, people who dont lock their guns safely away with small children present in the house, to have these weapons. Thatís literally it. Whatís so wrong with that? Can you explain?

"The head may err, but never the blood.Ē
Nice salt pouch, asshole
barely getting bi

~Endeavour was here~
~Mike Was Here~
Elysium is the one tru brodie
Likes: (1)
Sailor Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2018, 09:51 PM   #55
jack2001
Member
 
Name: Jack
Join Date: August 7, 2017
Location: TX
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Default Re: School Walkouts and Marches

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaHam View Post
And I'll say again the protests are just emotional outbursts from scared teenagers which are being encouraged and manipulated by the Left and the media. I'll say again that the irrational and hate-filled rhetoric you hear from these protesters is evidence aplenty of an emotional, not rational, attitude. And I'll say again that most teenagers are ignorant of the NRA, gun-laws, and the US Constitution, which I know from personal experience. You just repeating your mantra that these teens are entirely rational and just want change isn't convincing anyone.
For a Texan, you don't seem very aware of hunting. Hogs are aggressive and smart pack animals. Using a single-fire weapon means at best you can only take a single animal at a time, greatly slowing you down. Semi-auto rifles allow you to take multiple animals, and defend yourself if a ticked off boar charges you. It is simply the most effective route. The only other real method to deal with hogs is traps, which even then aren't great because hogs are often smart enough to know to avoid them.
Okay... Do you hunt? Because if so I'm assuming you use a hand-crafted twine bow with stone-head arrows? After all, if you need a gun to hunt, then you probably shouldn't be hunting.

Anyhow, I use both an AR-15 and a recurve bow to hunt. Both have advantages and disadvantages. The AR-15 is not some ultra cheat-code that allows just any ole Joe with no skills to kill a deer within an hour like you are saying. Those who deride the AR-15 as "unfair" in hunting clearly have never hunted with one.

Oh, I'm not trying to cherry pick to put forward the idea that a revolution is definitely going to win. After all, I referenced the American Civil War numerous times, where the rebels did lose. I'm just trying to explain to you that simply saying "the rebels will have no chance because the government has stronger weapons" is far too simplistic of an argument. I am well aware that revolutions typically fail, but I am also well aware revolutions have succeeded despite seemingly impossible odds. I'm just saying there is a chance, you are saying that there is absolutely no chance. Which one of us is the closed-minded one?
Of course I've hunted before. I don't think you need an AR-15, but to each his own, I guess. It's funny that you think that teenagers are ignorant of the Constitution. Since you clearly don't know what it means, here it is: "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." What that means is that states have a right to keep their own private militias separate from the federal government, and those militia members have the right to bear arms. The founding fathers never intended for individual citizens to own guns, especially not ones that could kill dozens of people in less that ten minutes. And of course these teens are rational. They don't want people to get shot just because of the lax gun laws in this country, which is a perfectly rational stance to take, and when you look at other countries who have gun laws, it's clear that they work. And of course the rebels don't necessarily have 'impossible' odds, but the chance of overthrowing the US government is next to impossible.

16 years old, straight/curious, runner, martial artist
jack2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2018, 09:52 PM   #56
Dmaxd123
Member++
 
Join Date: December 25, 2016
Gender: Male
Default Re: School Walkouts and Marches

I'm just going to throw some stuff out there:

if a majority of "we the people" decide that we need the AR-15 style rifle to fight back against our government, we more than likely will NOT be fighting against our own military.

if the masses are taking up arms against the US Government you can be betting that a LOT of the past & present military will be on the side of the common citizen whom is taking up arms against the government.


as far as the guns being so easy to buy in other states and thats why gun laws don't work in your own city: those are illegal purchases to go across state lines and buy a handgun, and even more illegal to purchase it and resell it to someone you know can't legally have one... therefore proving that the tighter gun laws won't deter the criminal so proving that tighter gun laws aren't really the best answer for the US
Dmaxd123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2018, 09:54 PM   #57
jack2001
Member
 
Name: Jack
Join Date: August 7, 2017
Location: TX
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Default Re: School Walkouts and Marches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars View Post
Iím curious as to why youíre set that teenagers and youth are marching and protesting because weíre being brainwashed by left media... Iím pretty sure the teens of Parkland are marching because their classmates and friends were shot and killed before their eyes, not because theyíre being manipulated by the media. Iím pretty sure a large majority of the youth in America that are partaking in these events are because they see the kids down in Florida taking a stand against gun violence and loose gun laws, and not because theyíre being manipulated by the media.

I just donít see why you guys are defending the weapons that are being used in mass shootings so often, rather than the youth and people of America. Do lives mean so little?... im genuinly confused...

Shootings and gun violence have always been a thing, but itís become a trend of mass shootings now. Hundreds being killed... but you guys are still defending ďmuh, muh second amendmentĒ. If youíre so supportive of the constitution and the bill of rights, then why are you trying to discourage these protests and calls for change? Why are you so negative about people, children, standing up and saying that human lives are more important than weapons? Whatís so bad about wanting stricter regulations on guns? About not wanting criminals or mentally unstable people to get their hands on automatic rifles? Were not saying you canít have guns, weíre saying we donít want people with domestic abuse charges, people with anger management issues or schizophrenia, people who dont lock their guns safely away with small children present in the house, to have these weapons. Thatís literally it. Whatís so wrong with that? Can you explain?
I completely agree.

16 years old, straight/curious, runner, martial artist
jack2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2018, 11:22 PM   #58
CoryW
Great Poster
 
CoryW's Forum Picture
 
Name: Cory
Join Date: March 2, 2018
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 1
Default Re: School Walkouts and Marches

I think a we teens shouldn't protest or walk out.
We need to stay in school , study and on day run for office so we can change things the right way. I think it make people look stupid walking around protesting everything
CoryW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2018, 04:48 AM   #59
Dalcourt
Legendary Member
 
Dalcourt's Forum Picture
 
Name: Peanut
Join Date: February 25, 2014
Location: Crescent City
Gender: Neutral
Blog Entries: 4
Default Re: School Walkouts and Marches

There's something really strange about all those protests an marches. If you share the opinion of those protesters you say "oh such very fine people standing up for our rights. Marches are fine they are an expression of free speech"...or well just any of those sentences.

But if people who dare to have a different opinion than you do the marching it's stuff like "don't this people have anything better to do? I have to go to work and don't have time to go protest shit in the streets. It is useless anyway..."

Kinda strange huh? Or maybe not.

I feel people are so opposed to the idea of protest marches...since it shoves in their face that there's something wrong.

I mean why should I leave my cozy room. My hangin out with friends for fun and rather paint some protest signs and go out marching in the street? There must be something really important out there so I might do that.
If I would just be too lazy to go to school I just spend my time hangin in the Mall or so and don't do anything political. Why the hell would I waste my time with that?? So doing all this work just to get away from school? People get real.


So yeah if people leave their save space to go out and protest they shove into your save space telling ya something is not as it should be.

You live in your bubble thinking all the world's fine and then suddenly one of your neighbors gets up and says no it isn't all fine? How dare he make you think about what's going on in our world for real?


People made those protests and marches for so many different reasons. Like women demanding equal rights, the right to vote etc. same goes for colored people. The reaction always was why do they have to protest, can't they just be content and let us all go on with out lives? But it also makes you secretly uncomfortable...what if they are right? What if they deserve the same as we have?

People protested against wars because they didn't want to be sent to a useless death.They were labelled coward and unpatriotic. But what if they are right and the war they are sent to is really useless?
People protest rights of immigrants. Again, our achievement was that we happened to be born in the right country they had no such luck... so are really better than them? Do we have the right to throw them out? Would we not try to get to a "better country", too if we were in their place?

How dare those protests always make me question and justify myself?

There are protests I don't like to see...protests of white supremacists. They make ME think.
Are those people really feeling that way? Do they really feel I'm worth less just because of the color of my skin? Do they really wanna see me dead or still as a slave? These people burst my cost bubble of everyone being okay with all people in my country being seen as equal. They make me think what can I do to show them I deserve equality.

I love this topic and could go on for hours each here but yeah...

Whatever people might be marching for or protesting. They all have the right to express their opinion. They all have the right that their voices are heard. They should all make us think, they should all make us talk.
We cannot just all stay in our save spaces and think as long as things are fine for me they must be fine for anyone else.

Do political groups use such protest marches for themselves? Sure they do but that is isn't an exploitation. That's how democracy works.

So don't belittle those things they are essential for our freedom rights...way more essential than bearing arms in my opinion.
Dalcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2018, 02:08 PM   #60
Snowfox
Member++
 
Name: Pyry
Join Date: May 23, 2017
Location: Finland
Age: 15
Gender: Male
Default Re: School Walkouts and Marches

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack2001 View Post
No one needs an AR-15 for any reason ever. Just don't hunt wild boar. Also, the protests aren't "an emotional outburst." Obviously, we're tired of Americans being shot and we're tired of Republicans taking money from the NRA over the lives of citizens. And yes, I do know that Obama had a chance to introduce common sense gun control, and I'm pissed that wasn't a priority for him. Also, the US Government is the most powerful entity on the planet. Do you really think a group of citizens could take on the government with some AR-15's? Not a chance.
It needs just one shot. Remember Kennedy?
Snowfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright©2000 - 2018
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © 2004 - 2018, VirtualTeen.org