Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old February 8th, 2018, 12:48 AM   #1
NewLeafsFan
Awesome Poster

Name: Cedrick
Default Israel-Palestine Conflict

Who's side are you on? Why? Can you think of a possible solution?

Canada / Sport Management (Hockey) Major / Straight / Left-Wing Progressive / 18 yrs old

Cedrick Desjardins
NewLeafsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2018, 01:29 AM   #2
Jinglebottom

Jinglebottom's Forum Picture

Default Re: Israel-Palestine Conflict

The Arab side of me says Palestine (but too bad they're violent and good for nothing but causing instability).
The gay atheist side of me says Israel (but too bad all they do is threaten to bomb and invade our country).
The Lebanese side of me says they can both choke.

General Discussions Moderator

PM - VM

*Mars was here*
Jinglebottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2018, 10:59 AM   #3
mattsmith48
VT Voice of reason

Name: matt

There will be no peace in the region until both countries start living together with set borders agreed upon by both sides.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsmith48
There is no such thing as liberal or conservative media, the only thing the media cares about is either money or the truth.
mattsmith48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2018, 12:16 PM   #4
Voice_Of_Unreason
Awesome Poster

Voice_Of_Unreason's Forum Picture

Personally, the Israeli side. Much rather have a stable Jewish democracy there than yet another unstable Arabian theocracy.

There is really only one way to end this without major war, and that would be for both sides to sit down, define borders, and stay within those borders. Of course the problem is that many Arabian Muslims are completely against the very existence of Israel, so it's an up-hill battle even to get them to accept that Israel has a right to exist, nevermind establish a stable relationship with.
Voice_Of_Unreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2018, 12:37 PM   #5
Sailor Mars
Global Moderator

Sailor Mars's Forum Picture

The Palestinians have been pushed around and kicked out of their land to make room for Israel, which has been increasingly bullying their way into new borders and taking over their land.

Like above users said, they need to establish clear borders and Israel needs to pull their military out of Palestinian land, and the Palestinian government needs to dismantle and put down nationalist terrorist groups that are forming and fighting against Israeli troops

"The head may err, but never the blood.
Nice salt pouch, asshole
barely getting bi

~Endeavour was here~
~Mike Was Here~
Elysium is the one tru brodie
Sailor Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2018, 08:09 PM   #6
lliam
Awesome Poster

lliam's Forum Picture

Name: Liam
Location: The road opposite the big lake on the island in front of the big city on the mainland.

Honestly, I'm tired of even thinking about this conflict.

After 70 years, the people in that small patch of the world are still behaving like little kids who balefully cast stones at each other.

They haven't learned anything.

I would simply isolate them from the rest of the world and then only contact them again when they've found a mutually beneficial solution.

Sigh, yes I know, I'm a merciless dreamer, who seemingly doesn't know a real solution too.

"Life is that prison you'll never leave alive."

lliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2018, 11:36 PM   #7
Stronk Serb
Kebab Remover

Stronk Serb's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by lliam View Post
Honestly, I'm tired of even thinking about this conflict.

After 70 years, the people in that small patch of the world are still behaving like little kids who balefully cast stones at each other.

They haven't learned anything.

I would simply isolate them from the rest of the world and then only contact them again when they've found a mutually beneficial solution.

Sigh, yes I know, I'm a merciless dreamer, who seemingly doesn't know a real solution too.
Yeah, quarantine them. The international community tried to find a peaceful solution do many times.

Male/Serb nationalist/Centrist Authoritarian /Straight/Heliphobe
VT's most likely to become president of 2017
VT's leading expert on Slavology and anything Slavic-related, if you have some questions of Slavic nature, just send me a VM or a PM
Stronk Serb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2018, 01:36 AM   #8
NewLeafsFan
Awesome Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaHam View Post
Personally, the Israeli side. Much rather have a stable Jewish democracy there than yet another unstable Arabian theocracy.

There is really only one way to end this without major war, and that would be for both sides to sit down, define borders, and stay within those borders. Of course the problem is that many Arabian Muslims are completely against the very existence of Israel, so it's an up-hill battle even to get them to accept that Israel has a right to exist, nevermind establish a stable relationship with.
Israel does not meet many people's definition of stable. And even if we could agree that it is, it is very offensive to say that a Palestinian state would be unstable because of their culture and/or religion.

As far as who is willing to sit down with who goes, historically the Palestinian Liberation Organization (PLO) [not affiliated with Hamas] has recongizes Israel as an independent country. It is Israel that has not even recongized that the Palestinian people exist. A good example of this is when Israel backed down and did not implement that changes that they agreed to in the Oslo Agreement.

I agree with you about the two sides needing to exablish fair boarders. Since there are more Palestinians than Jews present on the land in question, they should get more land. Also, since Jerusalem is religiously significant to both Islam and Judaism it should be divided so that both nations have part of it.

Canada / Sport Management (Hockey) Major / Straight / Left-Wing Progressive / 18 yrs old

Cedrick Desjardins
Old February 9th, 2018, 12:28 PM   #9
ShineintheDark
Awesome Poster

Name: Magnus

The issue is that the whole argument has become irrelevant since Israel has been creeping into the West Bank steadily since the very creation of the original borders. Look at an up-to-date map of Israeli settlements in the West Bank. How can we now move that many people back into Israel without kicking up a fuss and debate about whether they are by law Palestinian or Israeli? And that's not even taking into account how Jerusalem will be handled. The two-state solution was the best idea there could be a long time ago but by Israel refusing to recognise Palestine as a legitimate state and thereby USING that to take whatever land they can, we can no longer separate the two. No matter how this ends, there can only now be a single unified state.

To those arguing about Palestinian terrorism, we must recognise that by this point Gaza and West Bank are operating as separate entities: Gaza is run by Hamas, the internationally recognised extremist group and the West Bank is under the control of PLO and Mahmoud Abbas. PLO is behaving pretty well right now, Hamas isn't/. If we conflate the two, we will never get real justice for either side.
ShineintheDark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2018, 04:32 PM   #10
Porpoise101
Awesome Poster

Porpoise101's Forum Picture

Israel has the upper hand. With all the settlements now, it seems as if the West Bank will be slowly encorporated into Israel itself. Unless there is a mass round of ethnic cleansing of Israelis in the West Bank, I don't see it happening. And the international community and the US won't let that happen. Gaza has a bit more leeway but I think it is only a matter of time before they fall too.

It could have been different if the US elected a less hard-line President. Even a more moderate Republican would have probably pushed the Israelis to remove settlements. But four years is a long time to change the status on the ground in the Israeli favor.

This leads to an ugly situation where Israel either has to make the move of diplomatic suicide where they annex Palestinian territories outright and give the people equal citizenship or where they just occupy the territories with the native population living in a state of quasi Apartheid. In any case, Israel will have to either make a choice to adopt a bi-national identity or if they will stay as the Jewish State.

ROTW Vet. AMA.
Porpoise101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2018, 01:52 PM   #11
Snowfox
Member++

Name: Pyry

Or Israel could just wipe Gaza to oblivion. Killing everyone inside with massive carpet bombing. Or with starvation. Then what to do with west bank well thats another story.
Snowfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2018, 04:07 PM   #12
mattsmith48
VT Voice of reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowfox View Post
Or Israel could just wipe Gaza to oblivion. Killing everyone inside with massive carpet bombing. Or with starvation. Then what to do with west bank well thats another story.
That's kinda excessive, and a war crime, so not gonna happen.

Quote:
There is no such thing as liberal or conservative media, the only thing the media cares about is either money or the truth.
Old February 12th, 2018, 04:19 AM   #13
NewLeafsFan
Awesome Poster

Quote:
Even if you believe that the Palestinians deserve to die, which they don't, killing them off would not fix anything. The result would be several other Arab countries invading Israel. It would just make the problem bigger.

Cedrick Desjardins
Old February 12th, 2018, 11:22 AM   #14
Snowfox
Member++

@mattsmith48 warcrimes do happen. Most usually liberal cheer when muslim extremists behead people since thats progressive thing to do. But when someone boils muslims alive in pig fat then they outcry.

And @NewLeafsFan every Arab country is enemy of Israel allready. Every muslim in world hates Israel out of principle as well as 100% of Left wing commies since commies love muslims.
But anyway we could use tactical size nukes to build buffer zone between Israel and shitholestans.

Conventional bombs if big enough would propably do same
Old February 12th, 2018, 11:32 AM   #15
mattsmith48
VT Voice of reason

Quote:
@mattsmith48 warcrimes do happen. Most usually liberal cheer when muslim extremists behead people since thats progressive thing to do. But when someone boils muslims alive in pig fat then they outcry.
Those are two different things, one is the death penalty for breaking a stupid law, the other is torture followed by long and painful death which is a war crime. Like any liberals I'm against both.

Quote:
Old February 12th, 2018, 01:48 PM   #16
ShineintheDark
Awesome Poster

Name: Magnus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsmith48 View Post
Those are two different things, one is the death penalty for breaking a stupid law, the other is torture followed by long and painful death which is a war crime. Like any liberals I'm against both.
I just ignore him by now. If he cannot give realistic and reasonable additions to the discourse of the forum (and, let's face it, he's a child who rarely does) then it's best to leave him to his own devices.

In truth, neither the hardline Israel backers nor the hardline Palestine backers can win out in this situation. Neither group are going anywhere and any attempt to remove either one would likely ignite a large scale war in the region. Therefore, as impossible as it may seem the only real solution is for Palestinians to be absorbed into Israel and made full citizens with fair representation within the nation. Whether the state is still considered Israel or Palestine or some sort of neutral amalgamation of the two, it's more realistic than attempting to form 2 separate states from the shred of no-man's land that remains.
ShineintheDark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2018, 11:15 PM   #17
NewLeafsFan
Awesome Poster

Quote:

And @NewLeafsFan every Arab country is enemy of Israel allready. Every muslim in world hates Israel out of principle as well as 100% of Left wing commies since commies love muslims.
But anyway we could use tactical size nukes to build buffer zone between Israel and shitholestans.

Conventional bombs if big enough would propably do same
Well thank you for confirming my earlier point. Arab countries hate Israel and with good reason. So why blow up innocent people? To give the Arabs an excuse to attack?

I have no idea what you are talking about with Liberal cheer. I'll guess that you are a conservative and that everything you dislike you refer to as liberal. It is actually the most conservative of Muslims that belong to ISIS.

Cedrick Desjardins
Old February 13th, 2018, 03:30 AM   #18
Snowfox
Member++

@NewLeafsFan Reason behind why arab countries hate Israel is that they worship Satan.
Proof? Muslims worship stone in mecca. That alone should tell anyone that they worship idols.
Old February 13th, 2018, 05:24 AM   #19
Dalcourt
Legendary Member

Dalcourt's Forum Picture

Name: Peanut

Quote:
@NewLeafsFan Reason behind why arab countries hate Israel is that they worship Satan.
Proof? Muslims worship stone in mecca. That alone should tell anyone that they worship idols.
Muslims don't worship Satan more than any other world religion does and they do not worship the stone in Mecca. Maybe you should educate yourself a bit about Islam before you accuse Muslims of weird stuff like that.

Anyway, my opinion on the original topic of this thread.
It's hard to choose a side to because I feel that both have done so much wrongs over the years and none is really interested in making peace.
Dalcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2018, 08:32 AM   #20
NewLeafsFan
Awesome Poster

Quote:
I honestly have no idea what you are talking about or where you are going with this. Your ideas on this Islamic religion are incorrect and frankly, very offensive. The first and most important thing that you need to understand about Muslims is that most of them are much more accepting than you are of them.

Despite the fact that the three religions don't usually get along, Christians, Jews, and Muslims are all historically tied together. Please don't think that you are better than them just because your parents probably raised you to believe so which is sadly how bigotry usually spreads.

Cedrick Desjardins