Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old December 31st, 2017, 09:54 PM   #1
DragonflySphere

Default Holding on by a thread

Hey everybody. Ever since I noticed my depression a few months ago, everything has gone downhill. Sadness has been hitting me hard. Everybody seems to want a piece of me and won't stop until I break (I've been made fun of, physically hurt and ignored). Even my family has a go at me sometimes. I've managed to hold in how I've felt but I feel like I'll be tipped upside down and all my pain will come out. Anger is another major problem. For most of my life, I've been a kid who would be kind and hate fighting but for the past few months, my anger is becoming hard to deal with. There has been a part of me trying to release all my anger on everybody who has done me wrong. My stress levels seem to be rising a lot. As people do things to me, I feel stressed from trying to hide what I feel. It feels like I could burst at any moment. I feel like once I do give in, I will hurt everybody I've ever known. I don't want to let anybody know what I'm feeling but at the same time I don't want to hurt them. Has anybody got ideas to help me relieve my anger and stress levels as well as reduce some of the sadness I feel (perferably something I can do by myself without talking to anybody)?
DragonflySphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2018, 07:17 AM   #2
DragonflySphere

Default Re: Holding on by a thread

Bumping (Tried isolation over the past couple of days with no success).
Old January 3rd, 2018, 08:14 AM   #3
bougainvillea
don’t wanna know

bougainvillea's Forum Picture

Name: shanie

Have you tried meditating? Personally I found that this helped reduce my stress levels over time when I was going through a rough patch. Do some research into which type of meditation would be best for you as there is no one size fits all.

Sports can also help you get rid of your anger and negative energy, or even exercising in general. Going running or bike riding can give you some alone time from others, puts you in the moment and distracts you from things while also giving you time to think about yourself. If you’re depressed you may feel fatigued and sluggish, but exercise can be one of the most cathartic things out there.

You could also try journaling, by getting your feels out on paper and immediately out of your head (so you don’t feel as if you hurt anyone) is also a great example of catharsis. Or you could write a letter or something, to someone you want to be angry at, and burn it. Either way, you can get your feels out and no one will ever have any evidence of it.
bougainvillea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2018, 03:54 PM   #4
DragonflySphere

Quote:
Originally Posted by devotionnel View Post
Have you tried meditating? Personally I found that this helped reduce my stress levels over time when I was going through a rough patch. Do some research into which type of meditation would be best for you as there is no one size fits all.

Sports can also help you get rid of your anger and negative energy, or even exercising in general. Going running or bike riding can give you some alone time from others, puts you in the moment and distracts you from things while also giving you time to think about yourself. If you’re depressed you may feel fatigued and sluggish, but exercise can be one of the most cathartic things out there.

You could also try journaling, by getting your feels out on paper and immediately out of your head (so you don’t feel as if you hurt anyone) is also a great example of catharsis. Or you could write a letter or something, to someone you want to be angry at, and burn it. Either way, you can get your feels out and no one will ever have any evidence of it.
I think bike riding and meditation would be the most likely to work for me. I will probably avoid writing as it might trigger memories of what people have said to me in the past about my writing. What sort of meditation would you recommend? I don't really know too much about it.
Old January 3rd, 2018, 11:36 PM   #5
bougainvillea
don’t wanna know

bougainvillea's Forum Picture

Name: shanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonflySphere View Post
I think bike riding and meditation would be the most likely to work for me. I will probably avoid writing as it might trigger memories of what people have said to me in the past about my writing. What sort of meditation would you recommend? I don't really know too much about it.
heyyy we’re making progress here

Getting out on your bike could be great because it gives you some quiet time while still giving you the fresh air and nature aspect, which personally makes me feel better.

I think the two types that are best for you are breathing meditation and body awareness meditation.

Body awareness meditation:
-lying down in a comfortable area, like the floor
-practice hyper focus on different areas of your body at own time by tightening and loosening muscles in each limb
-start from the feet and work upwards
-after each part, let it “fade away” as if it isn’t there
-think deeply about how each sensation feels and focus on it
-after you reach your head, try and connect each part together in your mind to let you feel “wholeness”

here is a guide in case you are stuck

Breath meditation:
-sitting upright comfortably with good posture
-take a few moments to think about your room and the environment, if your mind wanders take yourself back to the present moment
-feel your breath going in and out and focus on your breathing flow
-if your mind wanders, let your thoughts pass but don’t analyse them
-gently bring yourself back to your breath if your mind has wandered too far

bougainvillea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2018, 06:34 AM   #6
DragonflySphere

Quote:
Originally Posted by devotionnel View Post
heyyy we’re making progress here

Getting out on your bike could be great because it gives you some quiet time while still giving you the fresh air and nature aspect, which personally makes me feel better.

I think the two types that are best for you are breathing meditation and body awareness meditation.

Body awareness meditation:
-lying down in a comfortable area, like the floor
-practice hyper focus on different areas of your body at own time by tightening and loosening muscles in each limb
-start from the feet and work upwards
-after each part, let it “fade away” as if it isn’t there
-think deeply about how each sensation feels and focus on it
-after you reach your head, try and connect each part together in your mind to let you feel “wholeness”

Breath meditation:
-sitting upright comfortably with good posture
-take a few moments to think about your room and the environment, if your mind wanders take yourself back to the present moment
-feel your breath going in and out and focus on your breathing flow
-if your mind wanders, let your thoughts pass but don’t analyse them
-gently bring yourself back to your breath if your mind has wandered too far

Went for a bit of a ride today around the country and felt happy and relaxed. Had to cut it a little short due to consistent back pain though. The meditation I'll probably try first is the body awareness one. It just feels like it will release more stress and make me feel better. Thanks for your help.
Old January 19th, 2018, 05:05 PM   #7
abc91

find something that helps relax you... working out, music, etc. that stuff really helps me to calm down and think straight.
abc91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2018, 02:48 PM   #8
TWDjacob
Great Poster

I'm getting over the same things that you have been going through too. Everyone is different but here what helped me. I listen to music, watch some YouTube, or do search word puzzles to take my mind off it. I also like long walks or bike rides because you can think and it's quiet and peaceful. Surround yourself with good positive people that care about you and get rid of the negative influences, this can be hard but it's my final push to happiness and getting better

17 and Bi. Hopefully i answered your question! I love helping everyone with their questions and problems so feel free to message me if you need to talk!
TWDjacob is offline   Reply With Quote