Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old January 7th, 2018, 08:26 AM   #1
MysticMarine

MysticMarine's Forum Picture

Name: Alex
Default Long time friend gone

I haven't posted on this forum for a while now because life hasn't been good and I couldn't bring myself asking for help. Anyways a certain issue has arisen that I need advice/help with...

My friend who I've known for around 4-5 years now has been ignoring me ever since the thing happened. I went to my friend's house around two days ago her family started arguing (horribly) like I've never seen before, my friend has stated she goes through "abuse" and would kill herself if she didn't have me. I got an anxiety attack through this ongoing fight the family was having (the fights were on and off but the last one was awful + in no way was I involved with the argument). Cut to the chase I rang to go home, my friend was convincing herself she ruined it all and if I left she couldn't talk again (it's quite dramatic I know but she was in tears so I thought she didn't mean it). A few days later I've contacted her with no response, asked my mum to contact her mum, asked friends to contact her even contacted her sister no to long ago. Nothing works and I'm extremely worried.

I don't want to lose a friend and I'm worried.

Male - 13 - Bi
MysticMarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2018, 09:33 AM   #2
Just JT
VT Lover

Just JT's Forum Picture

Name: JT
Default Re: Long time friend gone

Shes probably embarrassed and feeling a lot like you are
And asking others to make contact may only increase that worry
Go knock on the door and say hey whats up? Like any other day and dont make any issue of what happened
And when the time is right or if she brings it up just be there with good ears on for her
Dont bring it up, just be there for her

Voted most likely to wind up in jail
2017 VT Awards
Just JT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2018, 07:02 PM   #3
jamie_n5
VT Lover

jamie_n5's Forum Picture

Name: Jamie

You need to keep letting her know you are her friend and will be there for her. Explain to her that you totally freaked out the last time at her house because of the fight going on. Tell her that you just had to get out of there. Say that you feel bad for leaving her but that you were having a panic attack and you had to get away from the fight. Just hang in there and keep trying to communicate with her.

I am gay and happy with that.
I love talking to people very open & willing to listen.
I am also glad to try help with questions or problems.
Hit me up for anything. I promise I don't bite.
jamie_n5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2018, 03:35 PM   #4
rohancool

Name: Rohan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticMarine View Post
I haven't posted on this forum for a while now because life hasn't been good and I couldn't bring myself asking for help. Anyways a certain issue has arisen that I need advice/help with...

My friend who I've known for around 4-5 years now has been ignoring me ever since the thing happened. I went to my friend's house around two days ago her family started arguing (horribly) like I've never seen before, my friend has stated she goes through "abuse" and would kill herself if she didn't have me. I got an anxiety attack through this ongoing fight the family was having (the fights were on and off but the last one was awful + in no way was I involved with the argument). Cut to the chase I rang to go home, my friend was convincing herself she ruined it all and if I left she couldn't talk again (it's quite dramatic I know but she was in tears so I thought she didn't mean it). A few days later I've contacted her with no response, asked my mum to contact her mum, asked friends to contact her even contacted her sister no to long ago. Nothing works and I'm extremely worried.

I don't want to lose a friend and I'm worried.
Hard to say, probably she is herself disturbed with this whole episode. Also when you are angry and irritated it's natural to blame other people (especially the close ones) for not taking stand. In short, you don't understand other people stand.

I know your anxiety and fear of loosing a good friend but give her some time. Softy nudge her every 2-3 days if she needs some help. With time as she recovers, she will understand your position too.
rohancool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2018, 11:19 AM   #5
TWDjacob
Great Poster

My advice is to go over and talk face to face because to me it persuades the message more clear and it's better than a text. You can't hug someone and tell them it's okay on a screen as well as you can do in person

17 and Bi. Hopefully i answered your question! I love helping everyone with their questions and problems so feel free to message me if you need to talk!
TWDjacob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2018, 08:17 AM   #6
MysticMarine

MysticMarine's Forum Picture

Name: Alex

just to let everyone know I followed all of your advice and it's okay now. Thank you!

Male - 13 - Bi
MysticMarine is offline   Reply With Quote