Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old January 8th, 2018, 05:15 AM   #1
CuteGuy889
Great Poster

Name: vicky
Talking Skinny guy gaining weight rapidly.

First a little background:
I was skinny and puny as a kid and all the way upto 15 or so. never sporty or strong but was outgoing and friendly. I was frequently laughed at for being skinny...
Then by 15 after a particularly lazy holiday I happen to see that I've gained a couple of lbs. I found this curious and deliberately started gorging on fast food, snacks and sweets etc....And pounds started appearing fast...It was lovely....All clothes from tees to undies used to fit better...My GF loved it...

But 17 I was 160lbs (as of Nov '17) (I'm 5'11'' and used to be just 95lbs at 15).
My mom does not keep a scale as she is worried about me and my sis getting too body conscious.

Now I was weighed in the school physical (just in my undershirt & briefs) and it shows I'm now 170lbs. It seems I've put on 10lbs in one month...Is this okay health wise...:

In fact I think my mom observed it and took me clothes shopping..and bought me pants (34'') and undies (large)..
Much of my new pounds settled in my tummy and butt and my legs, arms still look skinny, besides my BMI is only 22...so I can put some more weight on that will fill me out nicely....My GF too wants me to continue to put on...She'd like me to be chubby and big.
My freinds do not call me skinny any more but if I go shritless they pick me up on my belly chub and poke my fat..

I now sweat more and may be puffing a bit more when I run etc...but I was never fit or strong...

I was just curious to know if 10lbs in one month is too much of a gain...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg At 16.jpg (189.2 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg Now 17.jpg (44.0 KB, 33 views)
File Type: png Now 17 22.png (308.2 KB, 39 views)

Last edited by Dalcourt; January 8th, 2018 at 10:46 PM.
CuteGuy889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2018, 05:31 AM   #2
RickySparks

RickySparks's Forum Picture

Name: Roderick
Default Re: Skinny guy gaining weight fats.

For your backstory I'm sure you are doing okay. Also my brother is 'overweight' if you call it that and he seems to be okay. I do think you should seek help though just in case something is going on.
RickySparks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2018, 07:42 AM   #3
CuteGuy889
Great Poster

Default Re: Skinny guy gaining weight fats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickySparks View Post
For your backstory I'm sure you are doing okay. Also my brother is 'overweight' if you call it that and he seems to be okay. I do think you should seek help though just in case something is going on.
Thanks
I mean I was just skin and bones.....Here I am now almost double my weight...And last month alone gaining 10lbs,,...I used to be sooo darn skinny....Thats why my BMI is still 22.....

But at this rate I will soon become overweight....

Besides its sooo embarrassing when you meet your old friends, cousins and relations...They all comment about my weight gain and it makes me go beet red in the face.
Old January 8th, 2018, 08:12 AM   #4
RickySparks

RickySparks's Forum Picture

Name: Roderick
Smile Re: Skinny guy gaining weight fats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteGuy889 View Post
Thanks
I mean I was just skin and bones.....Here I am now almost double my weight...And last month alone gaining 10lbs,,...I used to be sooo darn skinny....Thats why my BMI is still 22.....

But at this rate I will soon become overweight....

Besides its sooo embarrassing when you meet your old friends, cousins and relations...They all comment about my weight gain and it makes me go beet red in the face.
Yeah, it's always awkward when people point it out in front of others. I can't really relate but yeah it sucks. Anyway your welcome.
RickySparks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2018, 12:56 PM   #5
jamie_n5
VT Lover

jamie_n5's Forum Picture

Name: Jamie
Default Re: Skinny guy gaining weight rapidly.

I would think that you are at the stage in puberty and life where you are bulking up and going from a boy and becoming a man. If you have worries or concerns then I would suggest you go and see your doctor about this issue.

I am gay and happy with that.
I love talking to people very open & willing to listen.
I am also glad to try help with questions or problems.
Hit me up for anything. I promise I don't bite.
jamie_n5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2018, 01:35 PM   #6
Dalcourt

Dalcourt's Forum Picture

Name: Peanut

Puberty for All VT General Hospital

This fits better here.

And to give my two cents. I would say gaining weight is fine but I feel you should eat healthier. Fast food and candy doesn't seem the ideal diet for a teen still growing.
Dalcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2018, 01:49 PM   #7
Voice_Of_Unreason
Awesome Poster

Voice_Of_Unreason's Forum Picture

Seems fine, though like Dalcourt has said, try to focus more on high-calorie fruits and meats to gain weight, instead of junk food.
Voice_Of_Unreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2018, 05:51 PM   #8
BlackParadePixie
hello beautiful

BlackParadePixie's Forum Picture

Name: Fiona

I'm going to echo the sentiment here about your food choices. Continuing to eat fast food and sweets is going to cause your body to process only the sugar. You will probably feel tired and lethargic if you keep this up. Focus more on meats, fats, proteins, carbs...stuff that will help you gain weight...but also give you more energy so that you won't feel so tired when you exercise or work out.

18 *** f *** Wes Anderson fan *** proud Italian-American *** UCLA student

But for now we are young
Let us lay in the sun
and count every beautiful thing we can see

BlackParadePixie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2018, 06:14 PM   #9
mick01
Awesome Poster

mick01's Forum Picture

Name: Mick

And if you continue at this rate, your weight could all of a sudden be a health problem. Despite the fact that your gf likes you heavier, eating right and exercising is the healthier choice.
mick01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2018, 07:46 PM   #10
josh1999
Junior Member+

Name: Josh

I would also suggest to work out more if you want to gain weight healthily. There’s is nothing wrong with gaining weight, but it’s better to do it while still being healthy.
josh1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2018, 08:48 PM   #11
Martainfey96
Member+

Martainfey96's Forum Picture

Being at that weight is not anywhere near unhealthy, however, the way that you put it on is. Gorging out on food while constantly and consistently gaining pounds is definetely detrimental to your health and if you ever experience any stressful or traumatic events during this cycle I'm afraid that it could become a huge health problem.

I'm glad that your girlfriend doesn't mind the chubbyness but I would begin to either change your diet or lose the weight before you become diabetic or have even more detrimental consciences.
Martainfey96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2018, 05:17 AM   #12
CuteGuy889
Great Poster

As my photos from me was taken off due to me posing in my undies I thought of sharing another photo...This is me before all these pounds piled up.....

I can work out at all...I was just skin and bones but now with a layer of fat..I cant even do a single crunch..!!!
In-fact my sis and GF both are stronger than me and fitter too....

As suggested I'll try to add some fruits and veggies to my diet....I dont mind putting on...Its the comments that make me feel shy....

Both my mom and dad are overwight (but healty) so I too might go in that lines....

Do you guys know of any guy who was so skinny and piled on suddenly ..??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 7db4bec9-fa83-4a87-9147-ebbd75d484b6.jpg (245.8 KB, 17 views)