Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old December 28th, 2017, 02:10 AM   #1
Sevun

Sevun's Forum Picture

Default the foundation for success

Tell me if I'm being paranoid or selfish... but sometimes I feel like so many successful people have an ideal family or just good family dynamics. Our family isn't quite like that, and I'm sort of worried that we aren't typically a family to go for stardom. I really want to change the world so I'm worried that my past will hold me down. I mean, I'm already bogged down by childhood memories and nostalgia and scared of letting go of my childhood, so if something that small is holding me back, think about how is this going to hold me back!

Maybe I am being stupid because there have been some cases of people in the face of incredible adversity and growing up to be awesome people, but I'm not sure if I'm that type of person. I mean some celebrities just have it so easy *coughkardashiansandjennerscough*!

I'm suffering my quarter-life crisis 10 years premature but hopefully I'll find a way and be ok. Don't be afraid to chat, I'm open to every experience and opinion!
Sevun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2017, 02:33 AM   #2
Fritz
Member++

Fritz's Forum Picture

Name: Sven
Default Re: the foundation for success

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevun View Post
Tell me if I'm being paranoid or selfish... but sometimes I feel like so many successful people have an ideal family or just good family dynamics. Our family isn't quite like that, and I'm sort of worried that we aren't typically a family to go for stardom. I really want to change the world so I'm worried that my past will hold me down. I mean, I'm already bogged down by childhood memories and nostalgia and scared of letting go of my childhood, so if something that small is holding me back, think about how is this going to hold me back!

Maybe I am being stupid because there have been some cases of people in the face of incredible adversity and growing up to be awesome people, but I'm not sure if I'm that type of person. I mean some celebrities just have it so easy *coughkardashiansandjennerscough*!
Right, lets change the world together

Just a person who loves to play and watch sports.

Ravioli Ravioli Give Me the Formuoli
Fritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2017, 02:50 AM   #3
Sevun

Sevun's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
Right, lets change the world together
lol sorry what?

I'm suffering my quarter-life crisis 10 years premature but hopefully I'll find a way and be ok. Don't be afraid to chat, I'm open to every experience and opinion!
Old December 28th, 2017, 03:03 AM   #4
Fritz
Member++

Fritz's Forum Picture

Quote:
lol sorry what?
Philosophical shite

Old December 28th, 2017, 04:02 AM   #5
lliam
Awesome Poster

lliam's Forum Picture

Name: Liam
Location: The road opposite the big lake on the island in front of the big city on the mainland.

Do look at a celeb's life. I would even say, do not even take the families of your friends as an example.

Unlike you, I thought I would grow up in a good family. There was peace, there was hardly any quarrel between my parents and yadda yadda yadda .. all was fun, safe and sound.

Then, all of a sudden, Mom felt cramped in marriage ... etc etc ... My parents didn't even argue, they just divorced.

According to pov, my mom changed totally. She became an all-controlling alien ... just ugly. My two older siblis say that she has always been like that. So, I'm the alien now.

After many quarrels, I decided to live with my dad. He is much more relaxed than Mom, not a bit manipulative, but demands that you decide for your own life. And if you convince him, he supports your decisions, even if you do not like them. Sounds cool? Could be, but if you have to make decisions even grown-ups shirk at 11-14, that can overstrain you quickly at that age.

To make it short:

The ideal family doesn't exist. You have to learn to deal with your family.

But if your family can't help you, then you need to find supporters elsewhere.

That may seem bad, cruel or such - but that's life. All in all, perseverance and a down-to-earth approach to life often helps. My personal experience so far.

"Life is that prison you'll never leave alive."

lliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2017, 04:53 AM   #6
Axrow

Axrow's Forum Picture

Name: Az

Quote:
Originally Posted by lliam View Post
That may seem bad, cruel or such - but that's life. All in all, perseverance and a down-to-earth approach to life often helps. My personal experience so far.
Sorry to hear that man. It's cool to see that although you had to make hard decisions and still kept a sense of humour.

For the OP: Not all celebrities have it easy, but manage to achieve great things. The point is you can change the world regardless of the circumstances you are in and although times can be hard, those times are what strengths your ability to help others. Keep that in mind.
Axrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2017, 05:39 AM   #7
Sevun

Sevun's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by lliam View Post
Do look at a celeb's life. I would even say, do not even take the families of your friends as an example.

Unlike you, I thought I would grow up in a good family. There was peace, there was hardly any quarrel between my parents and yadda yadda yadda .. all was fun, safe and sound.

Then, all of a sudden, Mom felt cramped in marriage ... etc etc ... My parents didn't even argue, they just divorced.

According to pov, my mom changed totally. She became an all-controlling alien ... just ugly. My two older siblis say that she has always been like that. So, I'm the alien now.

After many quarrels, I decided to live with my dad. He is much more relaxed than Mom, not a bit manipulative, but demands that you decide for your own life. And if you convince him, he supports your decisions, even if you do not like them. Sounds cool? Could be, but if you have to make decisions even grown-ups shirk at 11-14, that can overstrain you quickly at that age.

To make it short:

The ideal family doesn't exist. You have to learn to deal with your family.

But if your family can't help you, then you need to find supporters elsewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axrow View Post
Sorry to hear that man. It's cool to see that although you had to make hard decisions and still kept a sense of humour.

For the OP: Not all celebrities have it easy, but manage to achieve great things. The point is you can change the world regardless of the circumstances you are in and although times can be hard, those times are what strengths your ability to help others. Keep that in mind.

Hm, thanks guys for the advice. From what you've sent me, I'm getting that you can deal with your circumstances and take advantage of them, or just deal with them and stop focusing on that and take control of what you can control!

Old December 28th, 2017, 07:36 AM   #8
Just JT
VT Lover

Just JT's Forum Picture

Name: JT

Quote:

Your worried that your family isnt typical to go for stardom?
Bogged down by childhood memories and nostalgia?
What are you afraid is holding you back here?

Voted most likely to wind up in jail
2017 VT Awards
Just JT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2017, 08:57 AM   #9
ska8er
VT Lover

ska8er's Forum Picture

Name: Andy

Celebrities have it easy? Yeah but
r they deep down happy? U can have
everything in the world and still have
an empty feeling inside. We r all dealt
with insecurities but that's life and we
have to make the best of it as we can.
ska8er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2017, 03:37 PM   #10
Just JT
VT Lover

Just JT's Forum Picture

Name: JT

@ska8er is right
Celebrities etc they are basically acting so they look so well put together and all that. But behind closed doors.....there someone else
Take a look at all those famous people who commit suicide or have substance abuse issues or emotional problems
Personally I wouldn’t wana be famous at all.
I’d prefer to be Just JT and be happy

Voted most likely to wind up in jail
2017 VT Awards
Just JT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2017, 03:48 PM   #11
TheMagicPotato
Member++

TheMagicPotato's Forum Picture

Name: Abraham

A celebrity that says: "Follow your dreams. I did, and look where I am now", it's like a lottery winner that says: "Spend all of your money in lottery tickets. I did, and look where I am now".

There is no perfect family. There is no perfect human. But, instead of looking the mistakes of your family, try to acknowledge the good things about them.

We're together on life, and life sucks.

July 5th: Venezuelan Independence Day.
TheMagicPotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2017, 08:30 AM   #12
Sevun

Sevun's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by ska8er View Post
Celebrities have it easy? Yeah but
r they deep down happy? U can have
everything in the world and still have
an empty feeling inside. We r all dealt
with insecurities but that's life and we
have to make the best of it as we can.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just JT View Post
Your worried that your family isnt typical to go for stardom?
Bogged down by childhood memories and nostalgia?
What are you afraid is holding you back here?
Sorry, I was thinking irrationally. I just feel like our family isn't typically where you'd find a dreamer like me from. And I'm scared of letting go of my childhood, growing up seems the most unavoidable and unpleasant time for many.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just JT View Post
@ska8er is right
Celebrities etc they are basically acting so they look so well put together and all that. But behind closed doors.....there someone else
Take a look at all those famous people who commit suicide or have substance abuse issues or emotional problems
Personally I wouldnt wana be famous at all.
Id prefer to be Just JT and be happy
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMagicPotato View Post
A celebrity that says: "Follow your dreams. I did, and look where I am now", it's like a lottery winner that says: "Spend all of your money in lottery tickets. I did, and look where I am now".

There is no perfect family. There is no perfect human. But, instead of looking the mistakes of your family, try to acknowledge the good things about them.

We're together on life, and life sucks.
Just JT, you offer some good points about celebrities behind closed doors, and TheMagicPotato, you're not wrong about the whole celebrity says this, lotto winner wins this. Everyone says life sucks, but I just don't want to live that way if you know what I mean? It seems so negative, and everyone may think it's reality, but I think that can at least be improved. I do agree with acknowledging the good things in your life though!

Old December 30th, 2017, 01:18 AM   #13
NewLeafsFan
Awesome Poster

Name: Cedrick

One of the view things that I know I am right about is that everyone goes through hard times. No ones life is perfect. I don't know exactly what your story is but I do know that you can build a positive future for yourself.

Picture yourself where you want to be in 20 years? Where is that? Doesn't matter how far away it seems or how impossible you think it is to get there. Now where can you put yourself in six months from now to help meet that goal? 2 years? 5 years? 10?

Canada / Sport Management (Hockey) Major / Straight / Left-Wing Progressive / 18 yrs old

Cedrick Desjardins
NewLeafsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2017, 12:22 AM   #14
Sevun

Sevun's Forum Picture

In 20 years, I want to be teaching others at a reputable university... or running a fashion magazine like Vogue or Harper's Bazaar... or being the CEO of a company that impacts people's lives (like Apple, Tesla etc.)... maybe politics? Working with the UN as a lawyer would be cool!

I don't know, it would be nice to do something honourable but also be known for that. I read a bunch of articles that said that wanting fame is often for attention ( https://goinswriter.com/secret-of-success/ http://thephilosophersmail.com/hiera...ill-bring-you/ http://allisonfallon.com/be-famous/ http://people.com/celebrity/celeb-co...e-photographed https://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...3221206AA2xeL0 ) and it's made me realise I should probably talk to a psych. about it. I also realised that whilst I'm still wanting this fame, it will slowly ebb away as I've read these articles and come to the cold hard truth. Rather, instead of being famous for being a celebrity, I'd rather be well known for my legacy and contribution to the world and focus on that. I would like to transcend just a single field of science or single occupation, and help others, and if I were to get famous or well known, it would be from my success. Therefore, fame is a side effect, and the main goal is success.
How does that sound? @Just JT @NewLeafsFan @TheMagicPotato @Axrow @Fritz

Old December 31st, 2017, 12:54 AM   #15
Fritz
Member++

Fritz's Forum Picture

Quote:
In 20 years, I want to be teaching others at a reputable university... or running a fashion magazine like Vogue or Harper's Bazaar... or being the CEO of a company that impacts people's lives (like Apple, Tesla etc.)... maybe politics? Working with the UN as a lawyer would be cool!

I don't know, it would be nice to do something honourable but also be known for that. I read a bunch of articles that said that wanting fame is often for attention ( https://goinswriter.com/secret-of-success/ http://thephilosophersmail.com/hiera...ill-bring-you/ http://allisonfallon.com/be-famous/ http://people.com/celebrity/celeb-co...e-photographed https://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...3221206AA2xeL0 ) and it's made me realise I should probably talk to a psych. about it. I also realised that whilst I'm still wanting this fame, it will slowly ebb away as I've read these articles and come to the cold hard truth. Rather, instead of being famous for being a celebrity, I'd rather be well known for my legacy and contribution to the world and focus on that. I would like to transcend just a single field of science or single occupation, and help others, and if I were to get famous or well known, it would be from my success. Therefore, fame is a side effect, and the main goal is success.
Sounds great mate, id love to work with you

Old December 31st, 2017, 07:38 AM   #16
NewLeafsFan
Awesome Poster

Quote:

In my opinion, you still don't sound like you are there yet.

I think your goals should be more specific. What I get out of what you posted is that you want fame for making a positive difference. Where you started when you mentioned teaching at a university or running a fashion magazine is where you want to be in 20 years. Lets start there.

Talking to a professional about it is an interesting idea and I guess it could help. It isn't what I had in mind when I said where do you want to be in 6 months. I was thinking something more along the lines of better marks, networking, apply to post-secondary school, etc.

Canada / Sport Management (Hockey) Major / Straight / Left-Wing Progressive / 18 yrs old

Cedrick Desjardins
Old December 31st, 2017, 09:05 AM   #17
Sevun

Sevun's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewLeafsFan View Post
In my opinion, you still don't sound like you are there yet.

I think your goals should be more specific. What I get out of what you posted is that you want fame for making a positive difference. Where you started when you mentioned teaching at a university or running a fashion magazine is where you want to be in 20 years. Lets start there.

Talking to a professional about it is an interesting idea and I guess it could help. It isn't what I had in mind when I said where do you want to be in 6 months. I was thinking something more along the lines of better marks, networking, apply to post-secondary school, etc.
Honestly, I'm not there yet, I agree with you. In 6 months, I want to be doing a few things outside of school to find my passion, I want to go to a few leadership experiences, and gain knowledge of universities and the courses offered. How does that sound?

Old January 1st, 2018, 12:48 AM   #18
NewLeafsFan
Awesome Poster

Quote:
Honestly, I'm not there yet, I agree with you. In 6 months, I want to be doing a few things outside of school to find my passion, I want to go to a few leadership experiences, and gain knowledge of universities and the courses offered. How does that sound?
Now it sounds like your heading in the right direction

Cedrick Desjardins
Old January 1st, 2018, 01:54 AM   #19
Sevun

Sevun's Forum Picture

Quote:
Yeah, if I break it down into manageable steps it does seem a bit easier

Old January 3rd, 2018, 05:13 PM   #20
Sevun

Sevun's Forum Picture

Quote:
@NewLeafsFan @everyone how do you break down your goals etc., what do you want to do? I think it would be good to discover more of you, as youu seem like someone who really has got their sht down