Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old December 24th, 2017, 12:03 PM   #1
devo343

Default Is This normal?

i dont know if this would be a eating disorder but no matter what i do i can stop feeling hungry i eat and eat and eat junk food,bread you name it and my famlly has put a limit on how much i can eat which is fine i can understand why im about
16 5'4 115 pounds super skinny im thinking its just metablosim but i want other peoples feedback on what they think
devo343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2017, 12:13 PM   #2
andrea03

andrea03's Forum Picture

Name: Andrea
Default Re: Is This normal?

sounds like you just don't feel satiated. try eating more protein and less carbs and drink a cup of water between bites.
andrea03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2017, 12:24 PM   #3
Jaffe
Awesome Poster

Jaffe's Forum Picture

Name: Jaffe

You probably do have a fast metabolism. Which can be a good thing. You also might be in a growth spurt, which requires more energy.

It is probably a good idea to cut back on carbs - cereal and bread especially - and increase the proteins and fats. Those will stay with you longer; bread makes you hungry again right away.

Also add lots of fibre, as fibre makes you feel full. Fibre = vegetables. Fruits give some, but fruit is more sugar, veggies are more fibre. I doubt your parents will complain about the quantity, if it is vegetables.

If you are eating a healthy and varied diet, with little bread or sugar, then the quantity is not really important. Eat healthy and enjoy good food.
Jaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2017, 10:32 PM   #4
Juliarules832
Nice Poster

Name: Julia

Sounds like you are a teenager.

13 year old girl from Massachusetts. Feel free to message me about anything!
Juliarules832 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2017, 11:13 PM   #5
Just JT
VT Lover

Just JT's Forum Picture

Name: JT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaffe View Post
You probably do have a fast metabolism. Which can be a good thing. You also might be in a growth spurt, which requires more energy.

It is probably a good idea to cut back on carbs - cereal and bread especially - and increase the proteins and fats. Those will stay with you longer; bread makes you hungry again right away.

Also add lots of fibre, as fibre makes you feel full. Fibre = vegetables. Fruits give some, but fruit is more sugar, veggies are more fibre. I doubt your parents will complain about the quantity, if it is vegetables.

If you are eating a healthy and varied diet, with little bread or sugar, then the quantity is not really important. Eat healthy and enjoy good food.

Stealing my thunder bro...

I was going to say I think it’s the wrong food for your body. Everybody’s body is different. So is the metabolism. So you may not feel hungry cause you’re matabolising food faster cause your body doesn’t need what’s in it. Try a balanced diet. Maybe even see a nutritionist. They’ll set you up on a health diet designed for you

Voted most likely to wind up in jail
2017 VT Awards
Just JT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2017, 03:43 PM   #6
elouisemay20

Name: Elouise

This isn't an eating disorder. You probably just aren't eating a proper diet, which means that you aren't getting the full feeling after a good meal. Perhaps try 3 good balanced meals, instead of just eating when you feel like it. You may also just be bored.
elouisemay20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2017, 05:24 PM   #7
Ambienttech98
Member+

Ambienttech98's Forum Picture

I eat a ton and am always hungry. I weigh 120 lbs and am MALE . Way underweight but it's because of a super fast metabolism so be gracious for it!
Ambienttech98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2018, 07:04 AM   #8
NewLeafsFan
Awesome Poster

Name: Cedrick

It doesn't seem to be effecting you badly. You are probably right when you say it is a metabolism thing. But it will slow down some day. There is a mental part to eating disorders. I don't like that your family is stopping you from eating. I worry that it is encouraging you to closet eat. Do you eat more when you are stressed? Is eating junk food just a bad habit or is it more than that?

Canada / Sport Management (Hockey) Major / Straight / Left-Wing Progressive / 18 yrs old

Cedrick Desjardins
NewLeafsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2018, 10:46 PM   #9
BlackParadePixie
VT Lover

BlackParadePixie's Forum Picture

Name: Fiona

your family shouldn't be putting a limit on how much you eat, as long as it's MOSTLY healthy things you're eating. Your body is growing and needs energy...if you're eating the proper things that will give you the things you need to keep growing, there's nothing wrong with that.

18 - f - Wes Anderson fan - proud Italian-American - future UCLA Bruin

But for now we are young
Let us lay in the sun
and count every beautiful thing we can see

BlackParadePixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2018, 05:33 PM   #10
HardCandyGirl
Member+

HardCandyGirl's Forum Picture

Name: Dani

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliarules832 View Post
Sounds like you are a teenager.
you're right

Anyway, you could see a doctor, a dietitian, maybe. I mean, a professional opinion. Meanwhile, it's a good idea to eat fruits, do some exercise...

Sorry for my English...

Noooooo
HardCandyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2018, 11:51 PM   #11
CuteGuy889
Great Poster

Name: vicky

Well, this sounds just like me when I was 14-15....I used to eat like hell and was stick skinny...But then by about 16 or so I started to store some fat, may be my metablolism finally gave in, ....then from my weight of 95lbs in 15 I've now put on to weigh 165lbs....I still eat kinda like the same....but now it all actually comes out as fat.....I'm still normal weight...I'll start cutting back when I close in on being over-weight..
So your metabolism will hold but when you hit your late teens it will give in and you will start putting on suddently.
CuteGuy889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2018, 02:53 PM   #12
Dying Ember
Member++

Name: Maya

Eating disorders are mental illnesses so no you do not have an eating disorder. As others have said as a teenager your body will go through periods of times like this. You could always consult a doctor if you felt that concerned about it

~Dying Ember
Dying Ember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2018, 09:58 AM   #13
devo343

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewLeafsFan View Post
It doesn't seem to be effecting you badly. You are probably right when you say it is a metabolism thing. But it will slow down some day. There is a mental part to eating disorders. I don't like that your family is stopping you from eating. I worry that it is encouraging you to closet eat. Do you eat more when you are stressed? Is eating junk food just a bad habit or is it more than that?
very sry for the late respone by the my parents not letting me eat meaning i cant eat snack after snack after snack no matter what it is execpt fruit and veggies and yes i tend to eat alot of junk food and i do tend to eat a little more when strressed
devo343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2018, 08:23 PM   #14
NewLeafsFan
Awesome Poster

Name: Cedrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo343 View Post
very sry for the late respone by the my parents not letting me eat meaning i cant eat snack after snack after snack no matter what it is execpt fruit and veggies and yes i tend to eat alot of junk food and i do tend to eat a little more when strressed
Ok. These are bad habits that you would benefit from working on.

Canada / Sport Management (Hockey) Major / Straight / Left-Wing Progressive / 18 yrs old

Cedrick Desjardins
NewLeafsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2018, 11:56 PM   #15
Tori101

Tori101's Forum Picture

Name: Tori

I have a friend who is a guy and he eats non stop and never gains weight. I think your fine.

Send me a PM if you want to chat!
Tori101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2018, 06:14 AM   #16
samuel15
Member++

samuel15's Forum Picture

Name: samuel

There is a mental disorder that makes it so you can't know when you are full, maybe you have that

17 / gay / male PM me if you want to talk
samuel15 is offline   Reply With Quote