Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Closed Thread

Old July 20th, 2015, 10:35 PM   #1
Cognizant
Smoothie King

Cognizant's Forum Picture

Name: Patrick
Default What ailments do you currently have?

From the common cold, to a recent surgery, to broken bones, to other mysterical problems, this is your thread where you can freely bitch about your medical problems.

Right now I have two major issues that I've been going to the doctor about - stomach issues, and issues with my head/migraines. For my stomach issues, my doctor thinks I have H. Pylori bacteria in my stomach, which could be causing the slough of problems I'm going through. We're waiting on the blood lab for the results.

And then the migraines. Had them since April, hasn't gone away. My doctor just gave me some medications to relieve them, but no talk on how to prevent them from occurring. Oh well, maybe they'll go away soon???
Old July 20th, 2015, 10:43 PM   #2
Jaffe
Awesome Poster

Jaffe's Forum Picture

Name: Jaffe
Default Re: What ailments do you currently have?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cognizant View Post
And then the migraines. Had them since April, hasn't gone away. My doctor just gave me some medications to relieve them, but no talk on how to prevent them from occurring. Oh well, maybe they'll go away soon???
My sister used to get migraines really bad. The doctor gave her a mouth-piece kind of thing. Kind of like the retainer you were supposed to wear after you got your braces off... She puts it in at night, doesn't have to use it during the day. And migraines stopped! I'm not sure if its available in the US, but it might be worth asking your doctor.

Myself, I think I am finally getting healthy! Just finished antibiotics for an ear/sinus infection, and allergy season is here, so nasal spray and a pill a day ... but as long as that's all I have to deal with, I am HAPPY! God, the days of millions of meds that I couldn't even keep track of... I am so glad those days are over!

Last edited by Jaffe; July 21st, 2015 at 09:34 PM.
Old July 20th, 2015, 10:51 PM   #3
Hudor
Awesome Poster

Hudor's Forum Picture

Name: Aditya
Location: On the only human-friendly planet in the Milky Way galaxy

Headaches can also arise sometimes from stomach issues bit your doctor will obviously be looking into all facets. I hope you get well soon

As for me, I don't have anything major right now. I have a mild cold almost the year round but I don't exactly count that.

Kudos to The Riddler(Siobhan) for creating the awesome signature!
Old July 20th, 2015, 10:56 PM   #4
StoppingTom
Great Poster

StoppingTom's Forum Picture

Name: Tom

I've more or less ruined my knees and back playing football, and I've got a pinched nerve in my neck right now.

General Discussions Mod~ If you need me for whatever reason: [email protected]
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ makin my way downtown ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Want to join a simple and fun RPG? Join here!
Old July 20th, 2015, 11:07 PM   #5
Dalcourt

Dalcourt's Forum Picture

Name: Peanut

At the moment I have a really messed up ankle from a fall down the stairs...I should see a doctor but I don't wanna go.
Old July 21st, 2015, 03:14 AM   #6
Infidelitas
Mother Ru

Name: Charlie

Pityriasis Rosea, which is a tempory skin infection. Not contagious and will go away in a few months.

Hypertension. If I don't have coffee, my blood pressure is normal, but coffee puts it up. Unfortunately, I love coffee waaaay too much.

Genu Varum, which means bowed legs. They are not bowed by that much, but I can't push them together. Not a big deal, but doctors think it was caused by being overweight. Since I have lost a lot of the weight, they shouldn't get any worse.

Vertigo. Particularly in the mornings if I bend down. It's worse when I have a cold, but is manageable when I am well.

Motorcycling is LIFE

2016 Kawasaki Ninja 300R | 1989 Honda CBR250R
Old July 21st, 2015, 06:58 PM   #7
CuteGuy889
Great Poster

Name: vicky

I recently found out that I have a small hole in the heart. I was pretty helthy but since of late has been getting a little out of breath and extra sweaty in PE.

My mom was concerned and told me I had this heart condition and took me to a heart doc(I've been there 3y ago but thought she's a peadiaticsts)..
She laughed that I'm getting a bit chubby now cos I was so thin whn she saw me last....She got her nurse to undress me to my briefs and examined my heart, did a "echocardiogram", weighed me precisely (67.5 kg at 172cm giving me a BMI of 22.8)..

She used a caliper on my upper thigh and love handle area and measured my body fat %.
Despite being normal weight I got a body fat of 28%. pretty high and according to her I'm "skinny-fat"

Anyways there is a small hole remaining and it will close soon....me gaining 20kg from my skinny days has stressed the heart..... I need to see her in 1 year. And I was to engage only in light physical activity like walking...no running or competitive sports. ..must cut back of fatty foods ...

But she said I should rest my heart and not worry much about my diet / weight going up cos my mom & dad are both overweight I too may likely go that way....Sounds pretty insensitive..She probably did not know that I'm sensitive abt my wieght and almost had anorexia 3y ago..
Old July 22nd, 2015, 09:25 AM   #8
Let Me Be a Pony
Banned

Name: Pebbles

I got epilepsy, lol. Really bright about that.
DERP DAT stupid pun. ^

That's all. Imma probably drink pills for 5 more years until it fixes and chances are that my liver will be fucked up by then.
Old July 22nd, 2015, 12:40 PM   #9
Babs
draft dodger

Babs's Forum Picture

I have epilepsy. People usually grow out of complex partial seizures by now but I still have them, wubbalubbadubdub.
Old July 27th, 2015, 07:06 AM   #10
Straya
Awesome Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut24 View Post
At the moment I have a really messed up ankle from a fall down the stairs...I should see a doctor but I don't wanna go.
i broke my ankle a year ago and was so sick of been at hospital with broken bones from mountainbiking i just decided to walk it off instead of wasting more time in there. im regreting that decision now so you might wanna get that checked out

bi aussie guy always up for making new friends. im on kik or pm more than im on skype
Old July 27th, 2015, 07:07 AM   #11
Straya
Awesome Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aristocrats View Post
I have epilepsy. People usually grow out of complex partial seizures by now but I still have them, wubbalubbadubdub.
i like the rick and morty reference

bi aussie guy always up for making new friends. im on kik or pm more than im on skype
Old July 27th, 2015, 11:00 AM   #12
Abyssal Echo
Lone Wolf

Abyssal Echo's Forum Picture

Name: Matt

I have Scoliosis and degenerative disc disease.

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience - Mark Twain
Old December 19th, 2017, 12:38 PM   #13
nebula

nebula's Forum Picture

Name: shanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammyme View Post
I have gastritis
Please do not bump threads that are older than 2 months.

nebula ~ help and advice moderator

i wouldnt be who id be without you

~Endeavour was here~
*Mars was here*
Closed Thread