Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old December 4th, 2017, 09:42 AM   #1
Fakery
Junior Member+

Fakery's Forum Picture

Name: James
Unhappy feeling sad

One of my really good friends moved away on friday. I cried twice that day but not infront of anyone. First time behind the school. The second time was when we went out after school. When he had to leave i hugged him then he rode off, on the way home i cried again. His flight left later that night. Ive been feeling sshit ever ssince and cant seem to get over it. Today at school i kept on expecting him to come to class or walk around the corner. I just cant get my head around that hes not coming back.

We are both 14 y/o boys

Is it normal for a guy to cry oger somthing like this?
Why cant i stop feeling sad?
is it normal for a guy to get sad over something like this?
Sorry for going on..

15|Cleveland|Swimming and water polo|Happy to talk
Fakery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2017, 10:08 AM   #2
rioo
Nice Poster

rioo's Forum Picture

Name: Rio
Default Re: feeling sad

firstly, that is so normal even for adult. And the second, both of you still have internet right? just call him.
rioo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2017, 11:15 AM   #3
Axrow

Axrow's Forum Picture

Name: Az

Yeah it is always sad to lose a friend, especially one you are close with. Try and use internet things to stay in touch with him and hopefully you guys can still visit each other!
Axrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2017, 11:42 AM   #4
Fritz
Member++

Fritz's Forum Picture

Name: Sven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fakery View Post
One of my really good friends moved away on friday. I cried twice that day but not infront of anyone. First time behind the school. The second time was when we went out after school. When he had to leave i hugged him then he rode off, on the way home i cried again. His flight left later that night. Ive been feeling sshit ever ssince and cant seem to get over it. Today at school i kept on expecting him to come to class or walk around the corner. I just cant get my head around that hes not coming back.

We are both 14 y/o boys

Sorry for going on..
Dont be sad bruv, he may have moved away but that doesnt stop you from keeping in touch with him right? perhaps one day you guys will meet up again

Just a person who loves to play and watch sports.

Ravioli Ravioli Give Me the Formuoli
Fritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2017, 12:18 PM   #5
mick01
Awesome Poster

mick01's Forum Picture

Name: Mick

It's normal to cry and normal to miss his physical presence. But everyday, you'll adjust to him not being there right with you more and more until it becomes a new normal. But like everyone has said, there are bunch of ways to keep in touch.
mick01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2017, 09:04 PM   #6
SeansLittleBro
Nice Poster

SeansLittleBro's Forum Picture

Name: Matt

Thought I posted in here but don't see it...It is interesting that you posted this as this past weekend a long lost friend who moved away 3 years ago came back to visit his relatives....He stopped by and it was so great to see him....When he moved we did the contact thing on social media but like everything else it seemed to get less and less over the years...But, when he showed up it was like he had never been gone....We talked till well into the morning although he did leave back to his relatives house...We jugged (and more) alot when we were in elementary and jr. High and all those feeling returned for both of us....It is normal but don't loose contact if at all possible with him...Friends are very important and friends that we feel really close to we need to keep....Good luck and realize we all go through something like this in ourlife

I am a twin, 18 -- gay and proud. Would love to talk to all you guys in here. Very open to discuss things and like to talk to new friends.
SeansLittleBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2017, 09:15 PM   #7
Just JT
VT Lover

Just JT's Forum Picture

Name: JT

First, be happy you have (didnít say had) a friend like that. Not everyone does. So be happy about that.

But yea, itís very normal, in fact healthy to cry. Some people see it as a sign of weakness. But itís not. Itís really a sigh of strength, maturity, and confidence. Cause you are letting yourself feel the normal feelings of life called emotions. And many are afraid to do that.

Itís hard to say bye to a close friend like that. And itíll get easier as time goes on. I moved away from my 2 best friends almost 3 years ago. I know they were sad and I was to. But itís gotten easier. But weíre also not a plane ride away, about an hour by car. But still, we were together almost every day since we were babies. And we still miss each other a lot.

So yeah bro, itís very normal. Donít let anyone make you feel like itís not ok to cry. Itís a tool god gave us to deal and work out emotions. So use it bro ok?

Voted most likely to wind up in jail
2017 VT Awards
Just JT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2017, 11:04 PM   #8
Juliarules832
Great Poster

Juliarules832's Forum Picture

Name: Julia

It is absolutely normal.

14 year old girl from Massachusetts. Feel free to message me or email me about anything!
Juliarules832 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2017, 12:54 PM   #9
heymynameis
Member++

Name: Philip

it is completely normal for a guy to cry over something like this, you are sad and that is understandable. i am sure you can stay in touch with him over social media, or even Skype or something where you can actually see him. And one day you will see him again
heymynameis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2017, 02:17 PM   #10
Lillynet

Lillynet's Forum Picture

Yeah its pretty normal to feel like that. Even Adults feel like that in same experiences . you feel like that because you r friends that you were doing alot thing went kidna away and now its kidna ahrd to do things together or see him at school. Ithik you will feel better if you kee a nice communication with him via emai lor skype trust me its the frist that make yo usad
Lillynet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2017, 04:19 PM   #11
ava.anonymous
Junior Member+

ava.anonymous's Forum Picture

Name: Ava

This is completely normal whilst keeping in touch is good you also need to devote more time to your other friends now and build up better relationships with them

https://goo.gl/images/ufpGKa
If heavenís grief brings hellís rain
Then Iíd trade all my tomorrows for just one yesterday
ava.anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2017, 01:48 PM   #12
NewLeafsFan
Awesome Poster

Name: Cedrick

Yes, it is very normal to cry. It is very important that you try to concentrate on the other things going on in your life. Join a new club or activity, maybe develop a new hobby. Get a good nights sleep every night cause these things usually bother us more when we are tired. Eventually your friend will be a good memory and not be covered in such sadness.

Canada / Sport Management (Hockey) Major / Straight / Left-Wing Progressive / 18 yrs old

Cedrick Desjardins
NewLeafsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2017, 07:59 PM   #13
noah.whynot

Name: Noah

Totally normal! Sounds to me like you guys were really, really good friends so of course you'll be sad that he's moved away. And don't ever believe that boys shouldn't cry - that's total bullshit. It probably doesn't seem like it now, but you'll start feeling better eventually. You probably have some great memories and it's not like you couldn't stay in touch with him online, right? Sorry there's no magic cure for this, just give it some time.
noah.whynot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2017, 06:07 AM   #14
poshkat
Banned

Name: Cyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fakery View Post

We are both 14 y/o boys

Sorry for going on..
Of cause it's normal and you can still get in touch with him via internet or phone
poshkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2017, 12:41 AM   #15
FawksRunner

FawksRunner's Forum Picture

Name: Fawks

Yeah it's pretty normal it may take a few days, weeks or even months But I think you should let it all out for now.
FawksRunner is offline   Reply With Quote