Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old December 9th, 2017, 01:49 AM   #1
DerBear
Retired H&A Mod

DerBear's Forum Picture

Name: Derri
Default Android Tablets - Worth a go?

Hi All,

I am not a fan of Apple products. It's really a silly principle because I know they do - for the most part- excellent products. However I really just don't like the Apple brand. I've avoided getting iPhone's and iPads for this reason. However I am wanting to get a tablet not necessarily to replace using a laptop but for something more portable for basic things like browsing, watching movies, social media and also to use with existing products.

Information on the web about Android tablets are all over the place so I wanted to ask if anyone here had any actual dealings with Android tablets?

Kindest Regards
Derri

Retired Help & Advice Mod

If anyone wants to add me on PSN feel free to send me a PM.
DerBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2017, 06:56 PM   #2
Sword of the morning
Junior Member+

Sword of the morning's Forum Picture

Name: Pacey
Default Re: Android Tablets - Worth a go?

I currently use a galaxy tablet for manly media and other bits that I think look better for a larger screen. I think it's good for all the things you mentioned. I works well with most devices you have that are androids. Very user friendly and has a great range of apps. Can have touch screens that are either very sensitive or very laggy. Experience may differ from person to person.
Sword of the morning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2017, 03:07 PM   #3
wheijdens

Name: Willem

I'm an Apple Fanboy myself, but I can see some advantages from Android. It has some more 'user-freedom', but I prefer Apple because of the reliability and user interface.

If you are planning on buying an Android tablet, mind the tablet-brand. There are some very cheep, crappy Android tablets out there you don't wanna use.
wheijdens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2017, 10:42 PM   #4
Voice_Of_Unreason
Awesome Poster

Voice_Of_Unreason's Forum Picture

I'm like you, I don't like the Apple brand, so I don't use any of their products.

I had an Android tablet for a short while, believe it was a Samsung Galaxy. I had a good experience with it, worked well and was reliable. Can't recall anything particularly annoying or bad about it, so I guess it was fine. Worked better than the Amazon Fire Tablet I had, which died after 4 months due to some hardware issue.

If you like Android phones, then I think you'll like the tablets. They are basically the same, just one is bigger than the other. Though like others have said, try to choose a high-quality tablet. Since the Android OS is open-sourced, that means that there are hundreds of companies using Android to make their own devices, and often times those devices are rather lackluster. If you want an Android tablet that would work well and last, then I suggest you stick with trusted brands like Samsung, Asus, and Google
Voice_Of_Unreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2017, 02:20 PM   #5
crazyjazy02
Junior Member+

crazyjazy02's Forum Picture

Name: Leanne

As long as they aren't budget ones from eBay, then Androids awesome. I think it's good from a programmers point of view.
crazyjazy02 is offline   Reply With Quote