Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old December 2nd, 2017, 01:14 AM   #1
Voice_Of_Unreason
Awesome Poster

Voice_Of_Unreason's Forum Picture

Default Department of Justice Announces Official Investigations into Antifa Violence

http://dailycaller.com/2017/12/01/fb...ifa-criminals/
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Daily Caller
The FBI is investigating people inspired by kind of an Antifa ideology, bureau Director Christopher Wray said Thursday.

Wray told members of the House Homeland Security Committee that people associated with the so-called anti-fascist or Antifa movement were subject to the FBI probe amid possible violent criminal activity.

we are investigating a number of what we would call anarchist-extremist investigations, where we have properly predicated subjects of people who are motivated to commit violent criminal activity on kind of an Antifa ideology, he told the House panel.

Wray said the FBI was investigating about 1,000 domestic terror cases. He added that out of about 1,000 open domestic terror investigations, all are focused on actual physical threats.
Great to see national law officials finally start taking the threat of violent, organized, anarchists seriously. Since its inception, Antifa has been getting by with things, like rioting, property destruction, assault, police attacks, and vandalism; things if done by any other group, especially one that is on the other side of the political spectrum, would result in massive public and legal backlash. It's good to see that there is still some measure of fairness in the US legal system.
Voice_Of_Unreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2017, 11:37 PM   #2
Fritz
Member++

Fritz's Forum Picture

Name: Sven
Default Re: Department of Justice Announces Official Investigations into Antifa Violence

I dont know much about antifa, but my dad and some of his business friends say they should be labelled domestic terrorists because of how violent they can be towards anyone who isnt them

Just a person who loves to play and watch sports.

Ravioli Ravioli Give Me the Formuoli
Fritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2017, 01:04 PM   #3
Stronk Serb
Kebab Remover

Stronk Serb's Forum Picture

Default Re: Department of Justice Announces Official Investigations into Antifa Violence

They should get cracked down upon. Playing preference based on political spectrum when punishing political violence is the first stepon the road to totalitarianism.

Male/Serb nationalist/Centrist Authoritarian /Straight/Heliphobe
VT's most likely to become president of 2017
VT's leading expert on Slavology and anything Slavic-related, if you have some questions of Slavic nature, just send me a VM or a PM
Stronk Serb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2017, 04:54 PM   #4
Sword of the morning
Junior Member+

Sword of the morning's Forum Picture

Name: Pacey

Antifa should be tried at criminals. They attack any one who has different views then. Antifa says that fight fascist but there the real fascist. I don't believe they should all be arrested and tried but I think those who have been involved in leading violence should be tried just like any other terrorists.
Sword of the morning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2017, 05:36 PM   #5
Voice_Of_Unreason
Awesome Poster

Voice_Of_Unreason's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sword of the morning View Post
Antifa should be tried at criminals. They attack any one who has different views then. Antifa says that fight fascist but there the real fascist. I don't believe they should all be arrested and tried but I think those who have been involved in leading violence should be tried just like any other terrorists.
Not all Antifa people are violent, some are the peaceful protesters the media like to present them as. Arresting all Antifa members would be pretty ridiculous. But like you said, those Antifa members who do participate in and encourage violence, especially the leaders of the violence, should be arrested and tried for their illegal violent actions. Antifa continues to act violently because there has never been an organized legal backlash against that violence. Sure there is a small handful of violent Antifa members who do get arrested by the police, but the vast majority still get off scot-free. Having a national crackdown would do great good.
Voice_Of_Unreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2017, 12:05 PM   #6
ShineintheDark
Awesome Poster

Name: Magnus

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaHam View Post
Not all Antifa people are violent, some are the peaceful protesters the media like to present them as. Arresting all Antifa members would be pretty ridiculous. But like you said, those Antifa members who do participate in and encourage violence, especially the leaders of the violence, should be arrested and tried for their illegal violent actions. Antifa continues to act violently because there has never been an organized legal backlash against that violence. Sure there is a small handful of violent Antifa members who do get arrested by the police, but the vast majority still get off scot-free. Having a national crackdown would do great good.
My worry is that this just feeds into the dichotomy that already exists: those on the Right feel that Antifa aren't getting enough crackdown and those on the Left feel the Nazis and White Nationalists aren't getting enough crackdown. The truth of the matter is that it's actually very difficult to capture and try EVERY single protester on both sides for any crime and the police and authorities are doing what they can.
ShineintheDark is offline   Reply With Quote