Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old November 24th, 2017, 12:31 PM   #1
The Stalwart
Junior Member+

The Stalwart's Forum Picture

Name: Peter
Default Separation

My very best friend moved away recently. I donít know what to do. I guess I need a gf, lol. Last we were together, we were comparing our happy trails. His is much better. Grief takes many forms.
The Stalwart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2017, 12:34 PM   #2
Bpalmer02

Name: Bryce
Default Re: Separation

Is there any way to keep in touch with your friend over text or social media? Just because he moved away doesn't mean you have to stop talking to him. And I'm sure your happy trails will grow eventually dude
Bpalmer02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2017, 12:38 PM   #3
The Stalwart
Junior Member+

Yeah, but social media aren’t the same.
Old November 24th, 2017, 12:40 PM   #4
Bpalmer02

True, I'm sorry dude that sucks . There are plenty of other people out there that want to be your friend though. But it doesn't make loss any easier I guess. It'll take time, but it will get better
Old November 24th, 2017, 12:51 PM   #5
The Stalwart
Junior Member+

Well, we’ll chat, obviously. But we’ve been best friends since we were five. We were just comparing trails, and his trail is awesome. It’s dark and goes to his belly button, lol.
Old November 24th, 2017, 12:53 PM   #6
Bpalmer02

Wow, I'm kinda jealous of that lol, mines kinda light and wispy haha
Old November 24th, 2017, 03:24 PM   #7
bojack
Member++

bojack's Forum Picture

Name: Luke

Have you tried facetiming or any other video chat? I use it to stay in touch with friends who have moved away for college, and it works decently enough

Open to talk about anything anytime. huge nerd/really into video games and music. bi-curious. feel free to hit me up whenever
bojack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2017, 09:16 PM   #8
Princesa77
Junior Member+

Princesa77's Forum Picture

Name: Julie

Hi @The Stalwart

You might be able to Skype. I have a close friend who uses Skype to maintain her long distance relationship with her boyfriend. Both are in their late 20s/early 30s.

It's a means of keeping the visual as well as emaining if you have her address. Sadly when friends move away it does kind of feel like a bereavement. I used to suffer separation anxiety that linked with abandonment issues, but I am well over that now having become stronger.

As we continue growing in personality and experience, so we learn to deal with ups and downs that sneak in, but there is a tremendous support here in VT so continue being part of this tremendous forum.

-Julie

The greatest female power is empathy to create relationships on a personal level. It's better for a woman to come across as more nurturing, more warm, and that is going to lend more success to her than for a man doing the same thing.
Princesa77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2017, 06:32 AM   #9
NewLeafsFan
Awesome Poster

Name: Cedrick

I find what your saying to be very alarming. I think that you have soem things to figure out. In this thread you have mentioned twice that he had a happy trail and that you need a gf. It sounds to me like you plan on repacing him with a gf. It sounds to me like you had some form of sexual feelings for him, which can be normal. Just remember that you lost your friend since you were 5 and try to surround yourself with people that you consider friends. Don't rebound. And yes i mean that in the dating kind of way.

Canada / Sport Management (Hockey) Major / Straight / Left-Wing Progressive / 18 yrs old

Cedrick Desjardins
NewLeafsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2017, 04:57 PM   #10
ska8er
VT Lover

ska8er's Forum Picture

Name: Andy

U have to make a new buddy
to compare with. U seem to b
a cool guy so I don't think that
it would b hard.
ska8er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2017, 05:25 PM   #11
Adarest

Maybe one day you could visit him when you get older, but try to stay in touch anyway, its quite hard to find close friends with that type of connection. Always be open with each other and you'll keep a strong connection, so do your best but keep the friendship strong!
Adarest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2017, 01:03 PM   #12
SeansLittleBro
Nice Poster

SeansLittleBro's Forum Picture

Name: Matt

It''s a bit surprising that you wrote this post when you did. This past weekend, an old friend who moved 3 years ago came back to the area and we spent some time together....we did the social media thing a lot at first, then things slowed down....but still stayed in touch...we went through a lot together in elementary and jr. High pretty similar id not more than what you mentioned b4 he moved and it was amazing how easily we got back into that feeling toward each other...It hurts to loose a best friend and I understand where you are....but stay in touch ...good friends can last over distance for sure....

I am a twin, 18 -- gay and proud. Would love to talk to all you guys in here. Very open to discuss things and like to talk to new friends.
SeansLittleBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2017, 05:45 PM   #13
Just JT
VT Lover

Just JT's Forum Picture

Name: JT

A few months after my dad died I left where I was living. I left all my friends. 2 in particular Iíve know since I was a baby, and we all grew up together. It was really hard leaving them.

Although there about an hour or so away, itís far enough, to far, we donít see each other very often. But we have a few times. And the 3 of us pick up like I never left.

But I still miss the fuck outa them every day. We all keep in touch by texting and all. And thatís good. And after about 21/2 years itís gotten easier. And I hope well all live closer someday

Voted most likely to wind up in jail
2017 VT Awards
Just JT is offline   Reply With Quote