Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old November 30th, 2017, 01:15 AM   #21
Uniquemind
VT Lover

Default Re: Net Neutrality is in danger after Trump appoints FCC-Director Ajit Pai

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddogmj77 View Post
If your ISP decides to start blocking/slowing certain websites. You'd still be able to access them through Tor.

Of course the obvious next stop is your ISP blocking Tor and similar applications.
Yeah that last part is possible.

There's nothing on Tor I need so I personally don't use it.

But you know the more geographical distance your internet signal has to travel, the more slow the internet experience will be. This is the real issue Tor doesn't fix.
Uniquemind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2017, 09:29 PM   #22
ItsTimeToStop
Frozen

Default Re: Net Neutrality is in danger after Trump appoints FCC-Director Ajit Pai

Quick question, um why do we have some old ass dude who likely doesn't know shit about the internet calling the shots here. What the actual hell.
ItsTimeToStop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2017, 09:30 PM   #23
ItsTimeToStop
Frozen

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddogmj77 View Post
If your ISP decides to start blocking/slowing certain websites. You'd still be able to access them through Tor.

Of course the obvious next stop is your ISP blocking Tor and similar applications.
Wrong, they can block TOR's proxies, and even VPNs, disabling anonymity as well.
ItsTimeToStop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2017, 10:38 PM   #24
maddogmj77
Nice Poster

maddogmj77's Forum Picture

Name: Matthew

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsTimeToStop View Post
Quick question, um why do we have some old ass dude who likely doesn't know shit about the internet calling the shots here. What the actual hell.
Because corporations want money and they'll do whatever it takes to get more of it...

https://www.opensecrets.org/lobby/agencysum.php?id=053
The FCC has gotten money lobbied from Comcast, Dish, Fox, AT&T, Verizion, Cisco, HP, Intel, Microsoft, Qualcomm, Totah Communications, Prepaid Wireless Group, MNet Media, Twitter, Facebook, & The "Wireless Internet Service Providers Association".
Money speaks louder than words.

Ajit Pai used to lobby money for Verizion FFS. And now he's an FCC-Director?! Fucking crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsTimeToStop View Post
Wrong, they can block TOR's proxies, and even VPNs, disabling anonymity as well.
Yes, I know. I think you only read my 1st paragraph, and skipped my 2nd.
I fully expect ISP's to do that.

Matthew - 18 - Gay
Feel free to message me

"Is this a test? It has to be, otherwise I can't go on."

Last edited by maddogmj77; December 2nd, 2017 at 12:04 AM.
maddogmj77 is offline   Reply With Quote