Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old November 16th, 2017, 09:56 PM   #1
Stronk Serb
Kebab Remover

Stronk Serb's Forum Picture

Default Zimbabwe's despot Robert Mugabe under house arrest

Quote:
Zimbabwe's military has placed President Robert Mugabe under house arrest in the capital Harare, South African President Jacob Zuma says.

Mr Mugabe told Mr Zuma in a phone call that he was fine, the South African leader's office said.

Troops are patrolling the capital, Harare, after they seized state TV and said they were targeting "criminals".

The move may be a bid to replace Mr Mugabe with his sacked deputy, Emmerson Mnangagwa, BBC correspondents say.

Mr Mnangagwa's dismissal last week left Mr Mugabe's wife Grace as the president's likely successor.

Mr Mugabe, 93, has dominated the country's political scene since it gained independence from the UK in 1980.

How the drama unfolded

After days of tension and rumour, soldiers seized the state broadcaster ZBC late on Tuesday.

A Zimbabwean army officer, Major General Sibusiso Moyo, went on air and denied there was a coup, but said the military was targeting "criminals" around President Mugabe.

Maj Gen Moyo also said Mr Mugabe and his family were "safe and sound and their security is guaranteed". It is not clear who is leading the military action.

Since then military vehicles have been out on the streets of Harare, while gunfire has been heard from northern suburbs where Mr Mugabe and a number of government officials live.

In a statement , Mr Zuma's office said: "President Zuma spoke to President Robert Mugabe earlier today who indicated that he was confined to his home but said that he was fine."

http://www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-africa-41997982

I hope they remove him from power. A man that sacks people for "witchcraft" and uses North Korea-trained special forces to carry out massacres and crack down on dissent should not be in power. For what he did to Zimbabwe, I am cheering for an execution.

Male/Serb nationalist/Centrist Authoritarian /Straight/Heliphobe
VT's most likely to become president of 2017
VT's leading expert on Slavology and anything Slavic-related, if you have some questions of Slavic nature, just send me a VM or a PM

Last edited by Stronk Serb; November 17th, 2017 at 06:47 AM.
Stronk Serb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2017, 10:32 PM   #2
Voice_Of_Unreason
Awesome Poster

Voice_Of_Unreason's Forum Picture

Default Re: Zimbabwe's despot Robert Mugabe under house arrest

Hope the man is removed, I see very little good with his long reign as ruler of that country. The problem I see here is how they will manage a transition of power. Many countries that rebelled against tyrannical rulers often times fall right back into authoritarian regimes. Especially when the military rebels against a leader, so we will just have to see how things work out here.
Voice_Of_Unreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2017, 12:22 PM   #3
ShineintheDark
Awesome Poster

Name: Magnus

I'm often very critical of overthrows by the military as the simple fact is, running a country is different to running an army. Even though they say they plan to instill the deputy as leader, it often rarely works out and leads to the military running the nation for long periods of time until they can find leaders to replace them.,
ShineintheDark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2017, 07:13 AM   #4
Stronk Serb
Kebab Remover

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaHam View Post
Hope the man is removed, I see very little good with his long reign as ruler of that country. The problem I see here is how they will manage a transition of power. Many countries that rebelled against tyrannical rulers often times fall right back into authoritarian regimes. Especially when the military rebels against a leader, so we will just have to see how things work out here.
Seeing how the guy drove a potential breadbasket of Africa into the ground and that he devalued the currency so much that in-game World of Warcraft gold is worth more than a Zimbabwean dollar, whoever they choose, I doubt it could get any worse than Mugabe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineintheDark View Post
I'm often very critical of overthrows by the military as the simple fact is, running a country is different to running an army. Even though they say they plan to instill the deputy as leader, it often rarely works out and leads to the military running the nation for long periods of time until they can find leaders to replace them.,
Well, considering that Mugabe turned a possible White-Black cooperation project that was Zimbabwe-Rhodesia into a "blame everything on whites and take their farms and make the farms useless in the process" state, the army would definitely have a way harder job of finding a worse guy than Mugabe than finding a better. Zimbabwe literally hit the down point where it can't really get worse than that.

VT's leading expert on Slavology and anything Slavic-related, if you have some questions of Slavic nature, just send me a VM or a PM
Old November 18th, 2017, 03:59 PM   #5
Snowfox
Member++

Name: Pyry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stronk Serb View Post
Seeing how the guy drove a potential breadbasket of Africa into the ground and that he devalued the currency so much that in-game World of Warcraft gold is worth more than a Zimbabwean dollar, whoever they choose, I doubt it could get any worse than Mugabe.

Well, considering that Mugabe turned a possible White-Black cooperation project that was Zimbabwe-Rhodesia into a "blame everything on whites and take their farms and make the farms useless in the process" state, the army would definitely have a way harder job of finding a worse guy than Mugabe than finding a better. Zimbabwe literally hit the down point where it can't really get worse than that.
What all of you dont get now is that Mugabe is ideal example for left. Everywhere any time. They just love his regime as they love North Korea. Look Canada who is major supporter of North Korea and Zimbabwe just like is EU. I say there is going to be Canadian and European co operative military intervention to put Mugabe and his dynasty back to power.

Anyway.... Another possibility is in culture. African cultures tend to favor dictators and despots Look anywhere on that continent. Its one dicator and then second and then third etc. It has nothing to do with genetics i have to say its all to do with culture. They just love to be under boot of some fuck head dictator. It has always been like that and as long as they can choose they will choose to be under someones boot. Its easier to allow some fuckhead to ruin your life when you can blame whites or what ever is your scapegoat than it is to take responsibility as human being and stop whining.
They have every means what it takes to become succesfull state but they choose other path and they will keep choosing it until end of times.
Snowfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2017, 08:57 PM   #6
Stronk Serb
Kebab Remover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowfox View Post
What all of you dont get now is that Mugabe is ideal example for left. Everywhere any time. They just love his regime as they love North Korea. Look Canada who is major supporter of North Korea and Zimbabwe just like is EU. I say there is going to be Canadian and European co operative military intervention to put Mugabe and his dynasty back to power.

Anyway.... Another possibility is in culture. African cultures tend to favor dictators and despots Look anywhere on that continent. Its one dicator and then second and then third etc. It has nothing to do with genetics i have to say its all to do with culture. They just love to be under boot of some fuck head dictator. It has always been like that and as long as they can choose they will choose to be under someones boot. Its easier to allow some fuckhead to ruin your life when you can blame whites or what ever is your scapegoat than it is to take responsibility as human being and stop whining.
They have every means what it takes to become succesfull state but they choose other path and they will keep choosing it until end of times.
The rapid economic and social deckine after the end of white-minority rule is obvious. Blacks then didn't really have rights, neither they do now. Except, now they definitely go to bed with an empty stomach.