Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 9th, 2017, 06:53 PM   #1
Junior Member
Qabex818's Forum Picture
Name: Max
Join Date: February 24, 2014
Location: Australia
Gender: Male
Default I have an issue...

Hey everyone. This is the first time I have ever posted on here, so I hope this works out. Also, I hope this is the right place to post this particular issue, so here goes...

I have just recently finished school, and am currently job searching, yet I have run into one problem. For all the jobs I am applying for, I need some kind of ID, like a license, but I don't have anything like this and I have no money to get a license or any kind of ID. My family has said they will help me, but every time I raise the issue, they seem not very interested in what I have to say, and won't help me.

I really need some advice on how to tackle this issue, and how I might be able to get the ID I need to get a job.
Thank you all so much!!
Qabex818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2017, 08:29 PM   #2
VT Lover
jamie_n5's Forum Picture
Name: Jamie
Join Date: June 27, 2016
Location: Minnesota
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 2
Default Re: I have an issue...

I know here in the USA states will issue just an ID. I would say it is only around $25. This is fairly inexpensive. I would check with the place that issues drivers licenses there and see if they issue just regular ID's and how much they cost.

I am gay and happy with that.
I love talking to people very open & willing to listen.
I am also glad to try help with questions or problems.
Hit me up for anything. I promise I don't bite.
jamie_n5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2017, 08:57 AM   #3
New Member
emily_1109's Forum Picture
Name: Emily
Join Date: November 9, 2017
Location: Northern Maine
Age: 15
Gender: Female
Default Re: I have an issue...

A quick Google search revealed Australia offers a Keypass ID card that lasts 5 years at a cost of $39.95. Unfortunately it isn't accepted in Western Australia so I hope you don't live in that area.

Are there odd jobs you can do here and there to raise those funds?
emily_1109 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2017, 05:39 PM   #4
VT Lover
ska8er's Forum Picture
Name: Andy
Join Date: August 23, 2013
Location: Pennsylvania USA
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Default Re: I have an issue...

If u still r living at home explain to ur
parents that if they help u into getting
some kind of ID to get a job and u do
get a job that u will help them out with
expenses. Maybe that might break the
ice with them and give in.
ska8er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2017, 02:54 AM   #5
Junior Member
Join Date: November 9, 2016
Location: USA
Gender: Male
Default Re: I have an issue...

Apply for jobs anyway and tell them that you are unable to provide an ID card at the moment, and explain the situation to your employers. They might give you some time, but if not, go to a DPS or something yourself and get an ID card. Check before you go to a DPS to see if they accept a check or something, since your parents don't have any money for you.
Adarest is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:39 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright©2000 - 2017
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2004 - 2017,