Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old November 10th, 2017, 12:59 PM   #41
Uniquemind
VT Lover

Default Re: Equal Pay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkansasguy View Post
Lol. Rates of illegitimacy and homosexual behavior decades ago show that it does in fact work.
Or it implies those portions of society were living underground, or suppressing those urges to great unhappiness back then for fear of retribution. But my point, always present in existence, and understudied.

The past did not ask a lot of questions, they just took beliefs at face value because previously established beliefs and morals were pushed on them. It wasn't until late 80's 90's around a response to the AID's crisis did people start thinking more comprehensively in more liberal parts of America.

Certainly our generation is more accepting and less judgmental than those of our grandparents.
Uniquemind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2017, 01:38 PM   #42
Arkansasguy
Nice Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uniquemind View Post
Or it implies those portions of society were living underground, or suppressing those urges to great unhappiness back then for fear of retribution. But my point, always present in existence, and understudied.
That's a nice story you've told yourself.

There's no evidence for it though.
Arkansasguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2017, 03:37 PM   #43
Uniquemind
VT Lover

Quote:

There is a lot of evidence from testimonials and hate crime statistics, but I digress.

But on the equal pay issue, their is truth to both sides. There have been cases where two basic retail store employees at the same level have a $1-5 pay differences and one is a male and the other is a female. None, had kids.

So there really wasn't an excuse. I remember it made the news back in the 2014 election cycle but was overshadowed by other stories deemed higher priority (weather events, mass tragedies).

Those stories happened and in this one both got fired because they disclosed their pay information, a violation of their employment NDA terms and conditions.
Old November 10th, 2017, 08:01 PM   #44
Babs
draft dodger

Babs's Forum Picture

Quote:

where's the sauce for anything you have said in this thread tho
Babs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2017, 08:24 PM   #45
Arkansasguy
Nice Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babs View Post
where's the sauce for anything you have said in this thread tho
Such as?
Old November 10th, 2017, 09:07 PM   #46
Uniquemind
VT Lover

Quote:
Such as?
Such as rates of illegitimacy and homosexuals, having a direct connection and causation to the past "suffering" they endured to those behaviors not existing or at least as I counter argued not being expressed openly.

But regarding the equal pay argument, I just offered a direct example within 6 years of timeframe, and it seems to have been brushed off.
Old November 11th, 2017, 01:15 PM   #47
Arkansasguy
Nice Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uniquemind View Post
Such as rates of illegitimacy and homosexuals, having a direct connection and causation to the past "suffering" they endured to those behaviors not existing or at least as I counter argued not being expressed openly.
https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr48/nvs48_16.pdf (graph on the first page)

Illegitimacy has skyrocketed over the last 50 years.

Quote:
But regarding the equal pay argument, I just offered a direct example within 6 years of timeframe, and it seems to have been brushed off.
I didn't address it because whether or not there presently exists a wage gap is not particularly interesting to me.
Old November 11th, 2017, 10:34 PM   #48
Dalcourt
VT Lover

Dalcourt's Forum Picture

Name: Peanut

Quote:

I didn't address it because whether or not there presently exists a wage gap is not particularly interesting to me.
Sorry but I'm at a loss here,if you are not interested in whether wage gaps exist why do you take part in a discussion about equal pay?

Anyway...what I want to learn about this issue from people claiming pay isn't equal here. I understand that there are differences in pay for males and females. And I see that females work more part time due to the fact that they usually have to care for the kids and all. That they often don't get the promotion a male gets either because the female isn't as prepared to ask for it ... or the company wants to give the job to the male since there isn't the risk he will be away due to a pregnancy or so. I don't wanna repeat all those things here.

What I was always wondering is do companies really pay a different wage for the same job, same working hours at the same qualifications?
Are there proves this happens? And how is this justified by the company in question? What industries or companies do that?
If the female works part time sure she gets less than the male who works full time in the same job but the pay per hour should be the same,right? Is there really a difference in the money per hours? Since that would be the key issue here.
All the other things mentioned are social factors stemming from gender roles attributed by society. They basically don't have anything to do with the companies.
Dalcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2017, 03:02 PM   #49
Uniquemind
VT Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalcourt View Post
Sorry but I'm at a loss here,if you are not interested in whether wage gaps exist why do you take part in a discussion about equal pay?

Anyway...what I want to learn about this issue from people claiming pay isn't equal here. I understand that there are differences in pay for males and females. And I see that females work more part time due to the fact that they usually have to care for the kids and all. That they often don't get the promotion a male gets either because the female isn't as prepared to ask for it ... or the company wants to give the job to the male since there isn't the risk he will be away due to a pregnancy or so. I don't wanna repeat all those things here.

What I was always wondering is do companies really pay a different wage for the same job, same working hours at the same qualifications?
Are there proves this happens? And how is this justified by the company in question? What industries or companies do that?
If the female works part time sure she gets less than the male who works full time in the same job but the pay per hour should be the same,right? Is there really a difference in the money per hours? Since that would be the key issue here.
All the other things mentioned are social factors stemming from gender roles attributed by society. They basically don't have anything to do with the companies.

It's one of those grey areas to be honest because to get such data you have blocks regarding privacy laws and Non-disclosure agreements. So when lawsuits like these begin, usually you have to sue the company for information.

It is also of note that hours given to part time employee, differ from full time not just in time awarded, but also in the rate of pay and that is worked out on an individual basis between the company heads (owner, or higher up in the Human Resources Dept.)

If you are a female entrepreneur, you do encounter a lot of sexist comments and expectations (reference: #MeToo movement as evidence in multiple industries) especially when starting out seeking for venture capital money to launch a business off the ground.
Old November 13th, 2017, 05:45 AM   #50
maddogmj77
Nice Poster

maddogmj77's Forum Picture

Name: Matthew

@Dalcourt
Right 'before' he compared Homosexuals to Bums is when I gave up, glad I did. He is completely unwilling to rethink his beliefs; No point.

Matthew - 17 - Gay
Feel free to message me

"Is this a test? It has to be, otherwise I can't go on."

Last edited by maddogmj77; November 13th, 2017 at 05:56 AM.
maddogmj77 is offline   Reply With Quote