Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old November 2nd, 2017, 09:28 AM   #1
Kooy

Kooy's Forum Picture

Default Im in so much pain..

I had the tube in my kidney removed. I woke up in some of the worst pain I have ever been in, in my whole life. I never cry from pain. The last time i had cryed from pain i was vary little. But i was screaming and crying... I had woken up the whole floor. My mother left me alone because she was embarrassed to be near me. She constantly told me the people on the floor had all gone though the same thing i did and that im being stupid and that im just exaggerating. Yeah maybe everyone did go though the same surgery did... Though I don't think they all have gone though 7 surgerys in a 2 month time span. Also they can get more painkillers then i can... They give the dose based by weight and my nurse was scared of overdosing me. I lost so much weight from this. Im in to much pain to eat. If i do manage to eat i start throwing up because im in agony... They took the tube out while i was awake, they didn't bother stitching me close or anything. I have a hole straight into my kidney and all they do is put galls over it and cover it with techaderm. I really thought i was going to die erly... And my mother just lectures me telling me I shouldn't be in pain and that im embarrassing her because im being loud... And then she just left me wich put me into an anxiety attack. I thought i was having a heart attack... I really thought all the pain i was feeling was just a sign i was seconds away from dieing. Morphene didn't even ease up my pain... I have 3 different painkillers in me because they had to quiet me down somehow.... The problem is im tence and can't relax and my anxiety it high... I don't understand why they keep giving me painkillers when they need to give me anti anxiety medication and mussel relaxers. Though potassium burns though the IV...

It doesn't feel like im going to be normal again... My body is officially ruined....

Fallow the raven to find the wolf
Kooy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2017, 09:35 AM   #2
Dalcourt

Dalcourt's Forum Picture

Name: Peanut
Default Re: Im in so much pain..

Well I am really sorry that you have to go through so much pain.
If the medication they give you doesn't work the way it should you should maybe try to talk to your doctor. Maybe they can change something....that's at least what I did after my car accident last year.

I wish you all the best to get better again.
Dalcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2017, 09:43 AM   #3
Kooy

Kooy's Forum Picture

They are giving me the strongest medication they can for my weight...

Old November 5th, 2017, 04:27 AM   #4
jamesthetiger

You should definetly talk to a doctor maybe he can give you something else against stress like this or he can adjust the medication for the pain meds. It is defenetly not normal to experience such pains when properly dosed. And try talking to your mother again.
She may did not unterstand what pain you are experiencing.

Last edited by jamesthetiger; November 7th, 2017 at 02:04 PM.
jamesthetiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2017, 03:49 PM   #5
Kooy

Kooy's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesthetiger View Post
You should definetly talk to a doctor, and try talking to your mother again. She may did not unterstand what pain you are experiencing.
Pain is starting to subside now ive healed a bit more and closed up. Though the anxiety hasn't gotten better. Also when it comes to my mother shes in a "im always right and if anyone younger says anything that contradicts me i have the right to "correct" them even if im in the wrong" addatude

Old November 5th, 2017, 08:11 PM   #6
Dalcourt

Dalcourt's Forum Picture

Name: Peanut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooy View Post
Pain is starting to subside now ive healed a bit more and closed up. Though the anxiety hasn't gotten better. Also when it comes to my mother shes in a "im always right and if anyone younger says anything that contradicts me i have the right to "correct" them even if im in the wrong" addatude
Good to hear your pain is subsiding.
So,you are still in hospital, right? So just talk to your doctor there.about the anxiety problems.
You don't need your mother for that.
Dalcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2017, 12:42 AM   #7
KatieCO2003
Member+

KatieCO2003's Forum Picture

Name: Katie

Kooy,
I was down to 68 lbs earlier this year from panic attacks and PTSD. Last year, the person that gave birth to me almost succeeded in murdering me by beating and kicking me to death. Trust me when I say that kidney injuries are the worst. They are brutal. But... they do heal. And, panic and anxiety can be controlled. I'm sorry your mother isn't more supportive. But maybe you may have a few people on the medical staff who care a bit more? My Drs and nurses were nicer to me than "her" ever was. And they helped me a lot. I still have a long way to go toward recovery, I'm up to 80 lbs now.
Hang in there.
KatieCO2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2017, 08:06 PM   #8
jamie_n5
VT Lover

jamie_n5's Forum Picture

Name: Jamie

Good to hear you are doing better Kooy. I live with chronic pain every day so I can first hand understand what it's like.

I am gay and happy with that.
I love talking to people very open & willing to listen.
I am also glad to try help with questions or problems.
Hit me up for anything. I promise I don't bite.
jamie_n5 is offline   Reply With Quote