Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old November 5th, 2017, 03:58 PM   #1
Just JT
I give a actual fuck

Just JT's Forum Picture

Name: JT
Default Is it just faith? Or do you really believe?

Pretty sure we all understand the general theme of how different religions game to be. Basically a group of people having a difference of beliefs than the church does, and as a result kind of spin off into a new denomination. Christianity is full of this happening.

So what are some things in your faith you might have a hard time believe in?
And how do you compensate I guess for the difference between what you believe in and what the church or faith believes in?

Perhaps as an example, you might be Catholic, and believe in birth control, or maybe you dont believe Mary was a virgin or Jesus really walked on water.
Just JT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2017, 12:23 AM   #2
SouthGeorgiaTeen

SouthGeorgiaTeen's Forum Picture

Name: Cedric
Default Re: Is it just faith? Or do you really believe?

I don't know what I am but I was raised Baptist. I don't really believe in a lot of the stories that are in the bible.. things like that. I also do not believe what it says about homosexuality. Just thinking about it all gets me heated

16, Bi, South Georgia
SouthGeorgiaTeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2017, 01:18 PM   #3
Jaffe
Great Poster

Jaffe's Forum Picture

Name: Jaffe
Default Re: Is it just faith? Or do you really believe?

I do not belong to, nor have ever practised any religion. Nor do I feel that any person should be judged because of their religion, whether Christian, Jainist, Buddhist, Muslim, or anything else.

My paternal grandmother was a Protestant (the Calvinist type), but when the Protestant Church merged with the Reformed Church, years ago, she quit going to church because she did not want to associate with those "self-righteous conservative christians". She still rants about it, and it has been like 12 or 13 years.

This may have been one of the points that piqued my interest in sociology and religion. To me, it is not a practise; it is an academic study subject. And a very fascinating one.

I may disagree with many things that churches and religions adhere to. But not being a practitioner, I allow them to have their beliefs, even though they are often damaging or prejudicial. As much as I dislike it and disagree with it, people have the right to be prejudiced and cruel, if they choose.
Jaffe is offline   Reply With Quote