Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old October 30th, 2017, 06:11 AM   #1
chinny

Name: Chinny
Default Can't get a girlfriend..

So basically I'm that guy who jokes all the time and makes people laugh. I also get into trouble by accident... im like archie andrews haha...

Anyway, I asked out this girl. She was/is my best friend, and thought she was the "one". She understood me and all that. She said no...... So I asked some one what they thought. They said that apparently im too nice and everyone just wants to be my friend. Yes i cried alot (I dont usually cry coz im a big boy haha).

Any suggestions?
chinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2017, 03:18 PM   #2
bojack
Member++

bojack's Forum Picture

Name: Luke
Default Re: Can't get a girlfriend..

Honestly, if she said no, you should accept it and just keep her as your friend. As for everyone just wanting to be your friend instead of something more, I don't really have any advice

Open to talk about anything anytime. huge nerd/really into video games and music. bi-curious
Changed my username, used to be thedudejr
bojack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2017, 03:26 PM   #3
ska8er
VT Lover

ska8er's Forum Picture

Name: Andy

Maybe u joke too much and over
doing it. Some girls like a more
sensitive guy but always b nice.
Its best in a relationship or getting
to know someone to go easy. Have
u asked ur friend y she said no other
than what others told u?
ska8er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2017, 12:16 AM   #4
NewLeafsFan
Great Poster

Name: Cedrick

Dude you sound like me. Every girl wants to be my friend but not my gf. It'll happen. Look around at your friends. I guarantee that they don't all have gfs yet. I'm 18 and I don't have one. Get up every morning ready and waiting for it to happen. Just have confidence in the fact that it will.

Canada / Sport Management (Hockey) Major / Straight / Left-Wing Progressive / 18 yrs old

Cedrick Desjardins
NewLeafsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2017, 02:11 AM   #5
hesaidhesaid
Member++

hesaidhesaid's Forum Picture

Name: Hans

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewLeafsFan View Post
Dude you sound like me. Every girl wants to be my friend but not my gf. It'll happen. Look around at your friends. I guarantee that they don't all have gfs yet. I'm 18 and I don't have one. Get up every morning ready and waiting for it to happen. Just have confidence in the fact that it will.
This sounded so much like me until you said "waiting for it to happen". You have to try - and just ask. You can't do anything about changing their feelings but you can do something about going out and finding that special someone. It took me a long time to work that out - but it's the only advice that got me the person I'm with now.

(And FTR, we've been together a good old while.)

Good luck.

[COLOR="White"]19. Writer, photographer, musician, loving guy. Come say hi- I don't bite. No, really, I don't.

And no that username is not a typo - it's a pun on an old television show "he said, she said"...but as I'm seeing another guy, that's why it's "he said, he said".
hesaidhesaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2017, 11:00 AM   #6
Elysium
Global Moderator

Elysium's Forum Picture

For the record, if a guy is not capable of having female friends, that's an immediate, hard turn-off. This means you're not too nice or whatever other bullshit - it means that if/when you do have a relationship, it'll be more meaningful and fulfilling.

You're still very young. It's not uncommon for people not to have their first real relationship until their 20s. Don't worry about your timeline. It is yours and yours alone and nothing and no one can make it right or wrong unless you say so.

It'll happen to you when you're not expecting or looking for it. Trying too hard or thinking about it too much will mean that you'll do it just for the sake of doing it and not for the sake of the person and yourself.

Global Moderator
My Diary
“Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt.”
- Kurt Vonnegut, Slaughterhouse Five

PM me FAQ
[email protected]
“The Goderator”
~Mike was here~
*Ali*
val
~Steven~
Elysium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2017, 06:09 PM   #7
Babs
draft dodger

Babs's Forum Picture

At this age you're unlikely to find "the one" even if you feel very strongly about a person. It sucks now but when you're older and you have found somebody, you'll look back on your younger years and it won't seem as bad as it feels now.

Nothing that makes people want to be your friend will make them not like you as a boyfriend. Being funny and nice are all good things that people look for in both a friend and a relationship. There's not always a particular reason why someone doesn't like you like that, sometimes they just don't. And that's okay because someone will reciprocate your feelings eventually, there truly is someone for everyone. Even Hitler had a girlfriend.
Babs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2017, 01:54 AM   #8
NewLeafsFan
Great Poster

Name: Cedrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojack View Post
Honestly, if she said no, you should accept it and just keep her as your friend. As for everyone just wanting to be your friend instead of something more, I don't really have any advice
It can be hard to keep someone as a friend that you have feelings for. I did and I ended up on her hook for years. Be careful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansofandersen View Post
This sounded so much like me until you said "waiting for it to happen". You have to try - and just ask. You can't do anything about changing their feelings but you can do something about going out and finding that special someone. It took me a long time to work that out - but it's the only advice that got me the person I'm with now.

(And FTR, we've been together a good old while.)

Good luck.
I agree that you can try to find a gf but you can't force anything or try to hard. It'll look obvious.

Canada / Sport Management (Hockey) Major / Straight / Left-Wing Progressive / 18 yrs old

Cedrick Desjardins
NewLeafsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2017, 03:00 AM   #9
Straya
Awesome Poster

sounds like your waiting too long to ask and instead of been interested in a relationship they become too good friends with you and dont wanna loose that so they turn you down

bi aussie guy always up for making new friends. im on kik or pm more than im on skype
Straya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2017, 07:27 AM   #10
topseededamateur

topseededamateur's Forum Picture

Name: Khaled

i think you should go for someone else
topseededamateur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2017, 06:17 AM   #11
Fopik

I would recommend you to try online dating. It is a great way for guys like we are to get a girl. I like using some sugar daddy websites as the girls there are ready for everything Don't give up and good luck with it! I am sure you will get someone soon

Last edited by Fopik; November 20th, 2017 at 07:25 AM.
Fopik is offline   Reply With Quote