Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old August 5th, 2017, 09:10 AM   #1
PinkFloyd
Steve Jobs' Bitch

PinkFloyd's Forum Picture

Name: Rob
Default Rental Cars are Gross

Rental cars are usually nice at first glance, all shiny and new looking, and they get the job done too. They're a reliable form of transportation to use when your main car is in the shop or back at home because you're on vacation.

However, something I learned is that under the surface, they're sooooo grossssssss. I've been in two rental cars from two separate companies in the last two weeks. I had two experiences that were different, but similar in gross-levels.

1. 2016 Nissan Altima, Avis

This car had a faint aroma of Chinese food, but also a very very faint smell of something like a skunk smell, but burnt. weed. But only someone proficient in smelling pot would be able to point it out as that. I was driving the thing around when I dropped a check under the seat, when I went to grab it, My hand graced over something made of really thin metal, and it was jagged too. I grabbed it along with my check only to realize that it was indeed an opened wrapper to a condom! I immediately told my mother who was given the car by Avis, and she took it back to complain. As a result, we got our second, nicer vehicle.

2. 2017 Genesis G80, Alamo (Hyundai Genesis Sedan) This one was WAAAY nicer than that tin can of a Nissan Altima first off. I still felt the need to kinda-sorta inspect it. So I did. I looked under the seat, and with a flashlight, I noticed some very fine greenish/dark green flakes. Some even had some glisten to them. It was weed. I was looking at flakes of good, THC rich marijuana. I, personally found it hilarious, but what the fuck, Alamo? It's not like the weed particles bothered me, a 19 year-old with an iffy moral compass and reckless tendencies, but it would bother the average adult. I don't know, what do you think?

"My mother would say to me, 'Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping." Fred Rogers
PinkFloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2017, 12:01 PM   #2
Amethyst Rose
The Fragile

Amethyst Rose's Forum Picture

Default Re: Rental Cars are Gross

I can't say I've had any first-hand experience with rental cars; when my family has taken lengthy trips it's either been with our own car or, if we fly, we just take taxis or walk. Sounds like the companies need to be more thorough in checking the cars between rentals (if they're even doing it at all).

"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world."
PM Me Ask Me [email protected]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desynchronized View Post
Gawd dammit the mods r so cruel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Special One View Post
I just food and I still have a hungry.

Last edited by Amethyst Rose; August 5th, 2017 at 01:46 PM. Reason: Spelling
Amethyst Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2017, 01:36 PM   #3
Just JT
sure, ask, dare you

Just JT's Forum Picture

Name: JT

Lol!! That's nasty!!
They should be cleaning them better.
Makes you wonder what else you've come in contact while touching stuff in the car
Condom wrapper and weed
Huh....
Countless options I'd say
Just JT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2017, 09:38 PM   #4
CosmicNoodle
Resident Twat

CosmicNoodle's Forum Picture

Name: Joe

On thew topic of finding gross shit, I (work in a hotel bar and) was in the middle of room service when some customer accidentally dropped his towel.

What an interesting piercing he had...

My names Joe, but you can call me "Lord and master of all space and time"
I'm Bisexual, deal with it
Ask me shit

~Mike was here~
CosmicNoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2017, 06:32 PM   #5
Cognizant
Smoothie King

Cognizant's Forum Picture

Name: Patrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkFloyd View Post
Rental cars are usually nice at first glance, all shiny and new looking, and they get the job done too. They're a reliable form of transportation to use when your main car is in the shop or back at home because you're on vacation.

However, something I learned is that under the surface, they're sooooo grossssssss. I've been in two rental cars from two separate companies in the last two weeks. I had two experiences that were different, but similar in gross-levels.

1. 2016 Nissan Altima, Avis

This car had a faint aroma of Chinese food, but also a very very faint smell of something like a skunk smell, but burnt. weed. But only someone proficient in smelling pot would be able to point it out as that. I was driving the thing around when I dropped a check under the seat, when I went to grab it, My hand graced over something made of really thin metal, and it was jagged too. I grabbed it along with my check only to realize that it was indeed an opened wrapper to a condom! I immediately told my mother who was given the car by Avis, and she took it back to complain. As a result, we got our second, nicer vehicle.

2. 2017 Genesis G80, Alamo (Hyundai Genesis Sedan) This one was WAAAY nicer than that tin can of a Nissan Altima first off. I still felt the need to kinda-sorta inspect it. So I did. I looked under the seat, and with a flashlight, I noticed some very fine greenish/dark green flakes. Some even had some glisten to them. It was weed. I was looking at flakes of good, THC rich marijuana. I, personally found it hilarious, but what the fuck, Alamo? It's not like the weed particles bothered me, a 19 year-old with an iffy moral compass and reckless tendencies, but it would bother the average adult. I don't know, what do you think?
Low key impressed they let you rent a car. None of the national chains will rent to me here until I'm 21! It's not an issue now that I have two cars, but when it was just me and my Camry in the shop for the entire day, it was annoying as hell.
Cognizant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2017, 11:24 PM   #6
Apple_ManPS3
Junior Member+

Name: Chris

I once had a Chevy Cruise but the fan or something was broken and so the engine didn’t cool at all and this meant it was getting hotter and hotter and we were also in a tunnel, so the car could have packed up and even exploded on us (my family).
Apple_ManPS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2017, 02:49 AM   #7
KatieCO2003
Member+

KatieCO2003's Forum Picture

Name: Katie

Sooooo... you rented a car in Denver?
KatieCO2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2017, 03:57 PM   #8
PinkFloyd
Steve Jobs' Bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple_ManPS3 View Post
I once had a Chevy Cruise but the fan or something was broken and so the engine didnt cool at all and this meant it was getting hotter and hotter and we were also in a tunnel, so the car could have packed up and even exploded on us (my family).
Ah, a good ole GM deathtrap

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieCO2003 View Post
Sooooo... you rented a car in Denver?
You'd think so, but it was Minneapolis

"My mother would say to me, 'Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping." Fred Rogers
Old October 25th, 2017, 03:53 PM   #9
adtse
Member++

Name: Adrian

Yeah that sounds real nasty. Supposedly the rental car companies are to vacuum the cars, throw away all trash, and wash the car before the car is rented out. I think they must have forgot to vacuum the bottom of the seats. I personally haven't had an experience with a dirty rental car.

My name is Adrian, I am 13 years old and bi (Not gay nor straight).
Feel free to send me a friend request
And send me a private message.

My favorite quotes:
Quote:
There is no elevator to success. You have to take the stairs. ~Unknown Author
Quote:
My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them. ~Mitch Hedburg

Last edited by adtse; October 31st, 2017 at 07:06 PM.
adtse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2017, 04:13 PM   #10
PinkFloyd
Steve Jobs' Bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by adtse View Post
Yeah that sounds real nasty. Supposedly the rental car companies are to vacuum the cars, throw away all trash, and wash the car before the car is rented out. I honk they must have forgot to vacuum the bottom of the seats. I personally haven't had an experience with a dirty rental car.
Yeah, I'm sure the person in charge of cleaning the cars doesn't really care about getting in all the nooks and crannies because honestly, These large rental companies have tons and tons of cars that all bounce around the country, making it so that the minimum-wage car detailer that originally missed the weed under the seat wouldn't get in trouble because the car couldn't be traced back to him at his location in Burnsville, Minnesota because the car got returned in Kansas City, MO.

Old October 31st, 2017, 07:08 PM   #11
adtse
Member++

Name: Adrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkFloyd View Post
Yeah, I'm sure the person in charge of cleaning the cars doesn't really care about getting in all the nooks and crannies because honestly, These large rental companies have tons and tons of cars that all bounce around the country, making it so that the minimum-wage car detailer that originally missed the weed under the seat wouldn't get in trouble because the car couldn't be traced back to him at his location in Burnsville, Minnesota because the car got returned in Kansas City, MO.
I was once at rental car garage in San Francisco, CA and I saw a tow truck tow away a crashed rental car, from the rental car center. It was a sedan, not sure what brand it was.

My name is Adrian, I am 13 years old and bi (Not gay nor straight).
Feel free to send me a friend request
And send me a private message.

My favorite quotes:
Quote:
There is no elevator to success. You have to take the stairs. ~Unknown Author
Quote:
My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them. ~Mitch Hedburg
adtse is offline   Reply With Quote