Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room [2]

Old October 25th, 2017, 02:50 PM   #1
throwaway74836

Default Need advice on dating

I've been talking to this girl on snapchat and we really hit it off and I think we really like each other. The only thing is, I'm almost 17 and she's almost 15. I already told her that I think the age difference might be a bit too much considering we're teens but I don't know if that was the right thing to do. She told me we could have dated and now I feel like an idiot. Did I make the right decision or is the age difference okay?
throwaway74836 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2017, 07:33 PM   #2
Babs
draft dodger

Babs's Forum Picture

Default Re: Need advice on dating

I think it was really responsible and considerate of you to consider the age difference. I personally don't think 15 and 17 is much of an age difference though.
Babs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2017, 09:06 PM   #3
mick01
Great Poster

mick01's Forum Picture

Name: Mick

Ya dude, it was worth taking it a bit further before shutting it down. Hopefully there's still a chance left to get to know each other a little better. If there is, I'd ask her if her parents would be ok with it and take it from there.
mick01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2017, 04:41 PM   #4
jamie_n5
VT Lover

jamie_n5's Forum Picture

Name: Jamie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick01 View Post
Ya dude, it was worth taking it a bit further before shutting it down. Hopefully there's still a chance left to get to know each other a little better. If there is, I'd ask her if her parents would be ok with it and take it from there.
I very much agree with @mick01. You can still talk to her and tell her that you would like to date her also if things are okay with her parents. If you were 18 and she 15 then I think maybe that the age split would be too much. Give it a chance if both of you want to and see how it goes.

I am gay and happy with that.
I love talking to people very open & willing to listen.
I am also glad to try help with questions or problems.
Hit me up for anything. I promise I don't bite.
jamie_n5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2017, 03:39 AM   #5
Potato-Dancer

Name: Megan

I don't really think age should matter. If you really love her you can make it work no matter what. It is your personal opinion that matters of course. But it's not that big difference, only 2 year apart. As long you both are happy with it then do it!
Potato-Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2017, 05:36 AM   #6
Just JT
sure, ask, dare you

Just JT's Forum Picture

Name: JT

[QUOTE=throwaway74836;3584435]The only thing is, I'm almost 17 and she's almost 15./QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie_n5 View Post
I very much agree with @mick01. You can still talk to her and tell her that you would like to date her also if things are okay with her parents. If you were 18 and she 15 then I think maybe that the age split would be too much. Give it a chance if both of you want to and see how it goes.
The words used were almost bro?

OP;
Almost? By how much? So what happens when you ARE 18, and shell be how old? Think youre asking yourself good questions. And I think the tools you may need to find the answers are her parents (see how they feel) cause if they dont then they can make all kinds of trouble for you, and a colander. Seems like you may run a risk of being with her when your 18and shes 15. Id also take a look at the laws in your area, see what they are. An Id doing this is illegal, take a look at what the consequences are. Then Id take another look at how her parents feel, then another look at the consequences, then another look at the calander, then ask yourself is all of the working out?

If not, is it worth it?
Just JT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2017, 05:40 AM   #7
Just JT
sure, ask, dare you

Just JT's Forum Picture

Name: JT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick01 View Post

[QUOTE=throwaway74836;3584435]The only thing is, I'm almost 17 and she's almost 15./QUOTE]

The words used were almost bro?

OP;
Almost? By how much? So what happens when you ARE 18, and shell be how old? Think youre asking yourself good questions. And I think the tools you may need to find the answers are her parents (see how they feel) cause if they dont then they can make all kinds of trouble for you, and a colander. Seems like you may run a risk of being with her when your 18and shes 15. Id also take a look at the laws in your area, see what they are. An Id doing this is illegal, take a look at what the consequences are. Then Id take another look at how her parents feel, then another look at the consequences, then another look at the calander, then ask yourself is all of the working out?

If not, is it worth it?
Just JT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2017, 12:23 AM   #8
NewLeafsFan
Great Poster

Name: Cedrick

The age difference is as big of an issue as you make it. One of my friends from high school is in his first yr of university and hid gf is in Gr 11. They've made it work.

Canada / Sport Management (Hockey) Major / Straight / Left-Wing Progressive / 18 yrs old

Cedrick Desjardins
NewLeafsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2017, 12:08 PM   #9
Lindsay444

I agree that it is better to talk to the girl about her parents attitute to your dates.
Lindsay444 is offline   Reply With Quote