Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Closed Thread

Old December 4th, 2016, 04:22 AM   #1
Babs
Banned

Default weird happenings

right so I've touched on this subject before and I'm not very comfortable talking about it but I don't feel like holding it in and I have no one else to talk to so here we go. I'm not sure how to describe what I experience so I guess I'll just jump into it headfirst. Sometimes I hear things, and I don't like that. I hear a consistent white noise like music or a crowd of people. Examples:
I hear music that I know isn't there. I can't understand what they're singing about, but they're songs that don't exist and they're different every time. It's exacerbated when there's some sort of white noise, like a fan or a dishwasher running. The white noise transforms into music.
The other day I was at my sister's house and I thought I heard the next door neighbors fighting. It sounded like a crowd of 15 people just arguing amongst themselves. Naturally I wanted to eaves drop so I told everyone to listen but no one seemed to know what I was talking about. My sister just shook her head and said she didn't hear anything.

just stuff like that. and naturally I'm a little distraught by this. I wonder if it could be because of weed which I hope it's not because insomnia. and it could also be related to an extensive family history of mental illness. It might be recommended that I see a doctor just to be safe, but that's not a step I'm willing to take at this time.

that took too long to type and now I don't remember if I had a specific question. idk, it will come to me. anyone else get this? thoughts, advice?
Old December 4th, 2016, 05:43 AM   #2
bentheplayer
Member++

bentheplayer's Forum Picture

Name: Ben
Default Re: weird happenings

The thing is what you have described is fairly vague and ear issues are usually pretty complex. While I know you are not too keen on seeing a doctor, that is probably the best option. If you are from the US try looking for a free clinic here. http://www.nafcclinics.org/find-clinic

It could be anything from a ear issue to psychosis. I suppose more test and info will be needed to know whats wrong. Hearing sounds or audio hallucinations while high on weed is pretty common. Its called cannabis induced psychosis. Other possibilities may be middle ear syndrome. If you are interested you can read up on earworms, tinnitus, hyperacusis, misophonia and phonophobia to see which of these applies to you. Hope you get better soon.

If you are still adamant on not seeing a doctor maybe this website might give u a better understanding on hearing voices. However, please just take what you read as a guideline as it may not accurately reflect your circumstances especially in terms of cause and treatment. https://www.mentalhealth.org.uk/a-to-z/h/hearing-voices

We are all slaves in this new age.

Last edited by bentheplayer; December 7th, 2016 at 04:10 AM.
Old October 25th, 2017, 10:38 AM   #3
BloodyClaws

BloodyClaws's Forum Picture

Sounds like auditory hallucinations. They are pretty common; almost everyone will experience it a few times in their life. But it could be also an early symptom of psychosis. I would recommend professional assistance. However, you should not worry TOO much about it. Hope you get better soon!

No need to be perfect; only good and kind!
Old October 25th, 2017, 10:40 AM   #4
devotionnel

devotionnel's Forum Picture

Name: shay

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyClaws View Post
Sounds like auditory hallucinations. They are pretty common; almost everyone will experience it a few times in their life. But it could be also an early symptom of psychosis. I would recommend professional assistance. However, you should not worry TOO much about it. Hope you get better soon!
please don't bump threads with more than 2 months inactivity.

devotionnel ~ help and advice moderator
ask me last.fm

~Endeavour was here~
*Mars was here*
Closed Thread