Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Notices

Old October 18th, 2017, 05:19 PM   #1
adtse
Member++

Name: Adrian
Default Accidentally put the wrong liquid in wiper fluid tank, how do I empty it?

There were two bottles that the labels were washed away since they were stored in the basement that flooded a few months ago. Both had the same shape and contained blue liquid. I knew one of them was wiper fluid. So I just guessed which one was, then I poured it into the tank. Later, I found out that the bottom of the bottle had an imprint saying, "Tile And Concrete Cleaner". Then I realized I put in the wrong liquid. The other bottle had wiper fluid in it.

How can I empty it out? I don't have a turkey pipette or anything.
adtse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2017, 08:42 PM   #2
PlasmaHam
Awesome Poster

PlasmaHam's Forum Picture

Default Re: Accidentally put the wrong liquid in wiper fluid tank, how do I empty it?

In some vehicles you should be able to detach the hose or pump below the fluid tank and drain it out that way. That should get it all out, but on some vehicles it can be a hassle to do, especially if you aren't familiar with car repair. An easier route would be to simply siphon the cleaner out via a tube. You should hopefully be able to find some tube sitting around your house, if not they are pretty cheap to buy at the store. Here is a guide to how to siphon if you don't already know how to.

General tip for life, don't put anything in your car unless you are certain of what it is. Luckily for you windshield wiper fluid is not at all important, but when it comes to brake fluid, coolant, and the different oils, you can't much afford to add the wrong thing.
PlasmaHam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2017, 11:36 PM   #3
adtse
Member++

Name: Adrian
Default Re: Accidentally put the wrong liquid in wiper fluid tank, how do I empty it?

Thanks. There was a tube under that I could detach to drain, and I emptied it. I then put back in the correct fluid.

My name is Adrian, I am 13 years old and bi (Not gay nor straight).
Feel free to send me a friend request
And send me a private message.

My favorite quotes:
Quote:
There is no elevator to success. You have to take the stairs. ~Unknown Author
Quote:
My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them. ~Mitch Hedburg
adtse is offline   Reply With Quote