Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Notices

Old September 28th, 2017, 02:16 AM   #1
PinkFloyd
Steve Jobs' Bitch

PinkFloyd's Forum Picture

Name: Rob
Default MDMA/Molly and Ecstasy Informational Thread

Okay, I just caught news that friend passed out from taking four points (.4 grams) of MDMA and had to be taken to the hospital. He's fine, not dead or anything; this isn't his first rodeo, so I'm not really worried. Truthfully, he's an idiot. Anyways, drugs are dangerous, and this is my go at an informational post about the most common party drug in the US and one of the most common in the world. I'm gonna go over all the facts on the drug, the risks, and then I'm gonna talk first-hand what it was like when I took it three times over the course of this past summer. I am not condoning its use.

There are two 'variants' of the drug. There's MDMA (AKA Molly) and Ecstasy. The biggest preconception is that Ecstasy and Molly are the same thing. They are supposed to be the same thing in slightly different forms, but what really happens is Ecstasy gets cut with other drugs because it's easier to do.

MDMA (3, 4-Methylenedioxymethamphetamine) is the pure drug its self, making it the more desirable of the two. Desired effects are a strong
euphoria, diminished anxiety, a confidence boost, and a false sense of intimacy with others. MDMA is typically a white crystal substance that's measured into very small measurements that are in 0.1 gram increments referred to as "points." Each point fits pretty well into clear capsules versus the more common and sensationalized little colorful pills with recognizable symbols, whether that's a Marijuana leaf, the Playboy Bunny, or the Adidas logo.

Ecstasy is supposed to simply be the little colorful pill form of MDMA (that I just talked about) with have no additives, but because the MDMA is pressed so tightly, it's much easier for manufacturers to add in things like Meth or research chemicals you haven't heard of. It's important to note that there can be other drugs added to either MDMA or Ecstasy; it's just easier to tell when there are additives in the drug when it's in its crystal form. You can tell that it's cut with other drugs if the color is anything but a pure white. MDMA is a dangerous substance; and even if you're able to ensure that it's only the chemical compound, it's still very dangerous.

Acute Effects
As stated before, acute effects of MDMA are euphoria, diminished anxiety, increased confidence, and a false sense of intimacy with others. Some other effects that occur with the desired ones are entirely manageable, but inconvenient. Things like involuntary jaw clenching (chewing gum solves this) and light muscle pain is common. If you take even a little too much, instead of diminished anxiety, the coin will flip and you'll have moderately severe to severe anxiety, strong depression, among many other negative effects like nausea and vomiting. Now, if you blatantly take too much, like six points in someone like me, a 145 lb male, that wouldn't kill me, but it would cause many acute health effects such as high blood pressure (hypertension), faintness, panic attacks, and in severe cases, a loss of consciousness and seizures. Oh, and the come-down off MDMA is definitely not fun at all. If you take the drug at say a club or party on a saturday night, your entire sunday will be miserable due to things like feelings of complete emptiness like you feel after a bad break-up.

Long-term Effects

These effects are what make Molly such a bad drug. The biggest one is reduced serotonin levels. Serotonin is the happy chemical that gets amplified when you're on MDMA. Much like steroids, you'll be good and happy when you're on the drug, but after a period of long-term use, your brain can't produce as much serotonin, so you become chronically depressed. After long-term use, the brain structures themselves can change entirely. Not only will your serotonin levels be down all the time, but your serotonin terminals will also be damaged, so it becomes a much larger issue.

Tips if you plan on trying it
Okay, first things first: STAY. HYDRATED. Dehydration is the number one risk when you take MDMA. It causes the most ER visits in the club scene. you dance and move around so much that you don't realize how much water you're sweating out of your pours. Dehydration plus a drug that already has ties to people passing out is a bad combo. Drink at least 350 ML (12 FL OZ) of water every hour.

Make sure you're in a place with either people that you trust that can nurture and help you (in the case that you have a bad time on it, which can happen even if you only take a little) or be in an environment where there are tons of people. (like a club or EDM show where there are medical staff usually on the clock as well as police and paramedics) Having a lot of people around and your friends being with you is optimal though.

My own experiences with MDMA

I have done Molly four times in the past four months. The first time, I took one point, and luckily for me, it worked out in my favor. I took the pill as my friends and I were pulling into our parking spot in Downtown Minneapolis to go to a top floor EDM show. It took about 45 minutes for the drug to kick in, which is average for an adult male or female who's of average height and weight. When it did kick in, I felt a very distinct 'drop' like feeling. The world went from being normal and regular and fine to everything being fantastic. I took my shirt off, walked around the club just talking to random people there. I was in the bathroom, and this guy came up to me and started asking really personal questions. i was on the drug, so I was more than happy to talk to this guy for like an hour. Here's the craziest part. I felt emotionally attracted to him. There was no sexual feelings at all; it was more of a bromance-like situation. The day after, I actually didn't have a come-down at all. I woke up at a norman time, and everything was fine.

The second and third times were pretty much the same except for I took two points both those times instead of one. I took it, at the same club, and the effects kicked in after two hours, but not before some negative ones fucked me up pretty good. I felt anxious and depressed for 45 minutes after I hit the 15 minute mark of taking the drug initially. After those awful feelings went away, I was stone sober for a solid hour, and then the happy feelings came on, but they weren't as strong as the first time.

The fourth time was bad. I took the pill at that same club yet again, and after an hour after taking the pill, I had those bad anxious feelings. i couldn't sit on my phone and browse the internet because that didn't feel right. What did feel right was just sitting at the window looking down at all the cars going by with rain falling from the sky at 1 AM. It was oddly comforting. After about thirty minutes of staring out the window, I felt the desired effects, but only for 15 minutes. After that, I was sober again. the next TWO days were shit. I felt the comedown for 48 hours. I'm never doing that shit again. I'm glad i tried it, but never again.

Sources
http://www.differencebetween.net/sci...asy-and-molly/

https://www.drugabuse.gov/publicatio...e-effects-mdma

https://www.magneticmag.com/2014/07/...er-feels-like/

https://www.drugabuse.gov/publicatio...asy-neurotoxic

"My mother would say to me, 'Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping." Fred Rogers
PinkFloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2017, 03:56 PM   #2
devotionnel

devotionnel's Forum Picture

Name: shay
Default Re: MDMA/Molly and Ecstasy Informational Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkFloyd View Post
Tips if you plan on trying it
Okay, first things first: STAY. HYDRATED. Dehydration is the number one risk when you take MDMA. It causes the most ER visits in the club scene. you dance and move around so much that you don't realize how much water you're sweating out of your pours. Dehydration plus a drug that already has ties to people passing out is a bad combo. Drink at least 350 ML (12 FL OZ) of water every hour.
After reading stories like Leah Betts', MDMA and Ecstasty freaks the hell out of me. Sure, she didn't die from the actual tablet, but she died after drinking about 7 litres of water in an hour and a half after hearing that "you need to stay hydrated" when you take it. Her brain ended up swelling beyond repair.

So while you need to stay hydrated, don't overdo it. After hearing Betts' case, it released more antidiuretic hormones in her system therefore she couldn't get the water out of her system. It's stated that without the ecstasy she would've lived, and without the excess water consumption she would've lived.

devotionnel ~ help and advice moderator
ask me last.fm

~Endeavour was here~
*Mars was here*
devotionnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2017, 01:16 PM   #3
Inflation26
Member++

Inflation26's Forum Picture

In the past 3 months I have used either MDMA or XTC (or both in a cocktail) around 13 times (not always a lot though). Although MDMA is said to not be addictive, it definitely is. Every time I read these kind of articles/threads I get my mind blown. It is said that a good amount of MDMA to take is your weight multiplied bij 1.5. For me that would be 72 KG x 1,5= around 110 MG per pill. What I (and my friends as well) take is a pill containting 260 MG's of MDMA. Last weekend my best friend took entirely 4 of those pills in 7 hours. That is absolutely insane. Makes me wonder if there is something in the Dutch drinkingwater making us resistant to MDMA...

Someone told me to update my signature, but I can't be bothered so I am just gonna put a link to my youtube channel here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
Inflation26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2017, 09:44 AM   #4
Human
VT Lover

Human's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inflation26 View Post
In the past 3 months I have used either MDMA or XTC (or both in a cocktail) around 13 times (not always a lot though). Although MDMA is said to not be addictive, it definitely is. Every time I read these kind of articles/threads I get my mind blown. It is said that a good amount of MDMA to take is your weight multiplied bij 1.5. For me that would be 72 KG x 1,5= around 110 MG per pill. What I (and my friends as well) take is a pill containting 260 MG's of MDMA. Last weekend my best friend took entirely 4 of those pills in 7 hours. That is absolutely insane. Makes me wonder if there is something in the Dutch drinkingwater making us resistant to MDMA...
13 pills in 3 months is way too much thats nearly 1 every week, I was doing the same at one point but it isn't healthy at all. If you're Dutch then like the UK there is probably a huge drug culture and everyone does it though... It's not addictive like cigarettes, but anything can be addicting if you rely on it for certain situations.

MDMA is really safe used in moderation. Unfortunately stupid people give it a bad name which is why people need to know how to take it safely. I don't think using the .gov sources is very good though, they do give some helpful advice but are likely to be biased. Here is a good study that shows safety. Molly doesn't need to be called a 'bad' drug because it's not, you don't need to scare people to make them take it seriously.

I honestly don't know how many pills or how many grams of MDMA I've used over the past year but it's been a lot.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0215081736.htm

My main advice is always start with half a pill, or 100-140mg or so, and get at least a 500ml bottle of water. You don't need to be constantly drinking just have some water on hand. Some people can't piss when they're rolling so you don't want too much water if that's you. If you're buying pills, use pillreports to check out your pill and see if it's safe. This is only a guideline as similar pills may be made by different people with different amounts or adulterants in them. If you can, use a test kit that you can buy online.

https://pillreports.net/

Another recommendation is don't combine MDMA with amphetamines or coke as it can make it more neurotoxic. Also buy some 5HTP that you can take on the comedown, it's a supplement that helps restore serotonin but it isn't magic.

Last edited by Human; October 2nd, 2017 at 09:51 AM.
Human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2017, 10:15 AM   #5
Inflation26
Member++

Inflation26's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human View Post
13 pills in 3 months is way too much thats nearly 1 every week, I was doing the same at one point but it isn't healthy at all. If you're Dutch then like the UK there is probably a huge drug culture and everyone does it though... It's not addictive like cigarettes, but anything can be addicting if you rely on it for certain situations.
Yeah I did it every weekend, with the exception of a few weekends when I was abroad. I have stopped taking Molly or XTC for now and only plan on taking it again in two months

Someone told me to update my signature, but I can't be bothered so I am just gonna put a link to my youtube channel here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
Inflation26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2017, 07:32 PM   #6
Stronk Serb
Kebab Remover

Stronk Serb's Forum Picture

My wake up call was with ecstasy. When I did it for the fourth time, I almost OD'd. Took about 4 and a half pills in one night. Then I stopped forever. I was micrograms away from death this time, but next time I might not be so lucky.

The fact that I have my first hand experience with drugs just reinforced my stance that most if not all of them should stay illegal.

Male/Serb nationalist/Centrist Authoritarian /Straight/Heliphobe
"Democracy is a dictatorship of the fools"
-Friedrich von Schiller (1759 1805)
VT's leading expert on Slavology and anything Slavic-related, if you have some questions of Slavic nature, just send me a VM or a PM

Last edited by Stronk Serb; October 9th, 2017 at 07:35 PM.
Stronk Serb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2017, 01:22 PM   #7
Human
VT Lover

Human's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stronk Serb View Post
My wake up call was with ecstasy. When I did it for the fourth time, I almost OD'd. Took about 4 and a half pills in one night. Then I stopped forever. I was micrograms away from death this time, but next time I might not be so lucky.

The fact that I have my first hand experience with drugs just reinforced my stance that most if not all of them should stay illegal.
So you irresponsibly took an overdose of drugs and from that you believe they should be illegal? With a simple google you should see that it's always recommended to start with half if you're not a long term user. I've been using MDMA for a year and only once when I was new to it I had 2 1/2 pills (at the same session).

Sounds like you just needed to be more careful... you suffered because of your irresponsible usage. What do you think about alcohol's legality? If MDMA was legal, there could be proper official channels to give advice on the dosage you should take which would reduce the risk of situations happening like yours above. And despite your near overdose MDMA remains one of the safest drugs with 57 deaths in 2016 in the UK.

I believe ALL of these deaths could have been avoided if they had practiced proper harm reduction. And the statistics of 57 deaths are skewed, because MDMA was decided as a contributor to the cause of death just because it was found in their bloodstream. They could have had a pill, then OD'd on heroin and the government would have counted them as a death to MDMA.
Old October 10th, 2017, 05:58 PM   #8
Stronk Serb
Kebab Remover

Quote:
So you irresponsibly took an overdose of drugs and from that you believe they should be illegal? With a simple google you should see that it's always recommended to start with half if you're not a long term user. I've been using MDMA for a year and only once when I was new to it I had 2 1/2 pills (at the same session).

Sounds like you just needed to be more careful... you suffered because of your irresponsible usage. What do you think about alcohol's legality? If MDMA was legal, there could be proper official channels to give advice on the dosage you should take which would reduce the risk of situations happening like yours above. And despite your near overdose MDMA remains one of the safest drugs with 57 deaths in 2016 in the UK.

I believe ALL of these deaths could have been avoided if they had practiced proper harm reduction. And the statistics of 57 deaths are skewed, because MDMA was decided as a contributor to the cause of death just because it was found in their bloodstream. They could have had a pill, then OD'd on heroin and the government would have counted them as a death to MDMA.
Ecstasy here is not as potent as in the west, it is essentially western goods which got stale. It takes a higher dosage to reach the same effect. Most of the drugs were legal before being criminalized because of irrensponsible usage and addictions being out of control. I am for the legalization of drus that do not have adverse effect from long-term usage and can hardly cause a physical dependence on the drug.

Also I think that comparing drugs to tobacco and alcohol is the same as comparing apples to oranges. While they are both opiates (fruits) they are much more different from eachother.

VT's leading expert on Slavology and anything Slavic-related, if you have some questions of Slavic nature, just send me a VM or a PM
Old October 12th, 2017, 03:35 PM   #9
Human
VT Lover

Human's Forum Picture

Quote:
Ecstasy here is not as potent as in the west, it is essentially western goods which got stale. It takes a higher dosage to reach the same effect. Most of the drugs were legal before being criminalized because of irrensponsible usage and addictions being out of control. I am for the legalization of drus that do not have adverse effect from long-term usage and can hardly cause a physical dependence on the drug.

Also I think that comparing drugs to tobacco and alcohol is the same as comparing apples to oranges. While they are both opiates (fruits) they are much more different from eachother.
How are they different? They're chemically different that's a given. They're just seen different socially. Alcohol withdrawals are worse than heroin withdrawals. Alcohol kills far more people than MDMA. Yet alcohol is legal, socially accepted and distributed in stores?

Alcohol and tobacco have CLEAR adverse effects from long-term usage and also obvious physical dependency issues yet are legal.
Old October 13th, 2017, 05:59 AM   #10
Stronk Serb
Kebab Remover

Quote:
How are they different? They're chemically different that's a given. They're just seen different socially. Alcohol withdrawals are worse than heroin withdrawals. Alcohol kills far more people than MDMA. Yet alcohol is legal, socially accepted and distributed in stores?

Alcohol and tobacco have CLEAR adverse effects from long-term usage and also obvious physical dependency issues yet are legal.
Both have pretty severe withdrawals, but to get to the heroin withdraval which looks like this, it is enough to shoot it for a few months, but to get alcohol withdrawals which look like this, you need to drink for years and on a regular basis. Heroin is a lot more addictive than alcohol. Did you know heroin was legal actually? Except it's abuse skyrocketed so it had to be criminalized. Also comparing tobacco to heroin is pretty dumb. Have you seen heroin addicts? Have you seen smokers? On average, who is better off socially?

Old October 15th, 2017, 11:26 AM   #11
Human
VT Lover

Human's Forum Picture

Quote:
Both have pretty severe withdrawals, but to get to the heroin withdraval which looks like this, it is enough to shoot it for a few months, but to get alcohol withdrawals which look like this, you need to drink for years and on a regular basis. Heroin is a lot more addictive than alcohol. Did you know heroin was legal actually? Except it's abuse skyrocketed so it had to be criminalized. Also comparing tobacco to heroin is pretty dumb. Have you seen heroin addicts? Have you seen smokers? On average, who is better off socially?
They both are extremely severe. Alcohol withdrawals can KILL you directly, heroin withdrawals can't directly kill you. Doesn't that say something about the safety of one of the drugs? I'm not advocating the health benefits of heroin over alcohol mate I'm not that dumb I'm saying that they're both terribly unhealthy drugs. Alcohol withdrawals aren't as rare as you think, drinking 10 units a day as a male for a week will lead to minor withdrawals. Drinking a large amount everyday can lead to withdrawals within months, not years.

I've seen alcoholics worse than heroin addicts, and I've seen people get cancer and die from smoking. None are better than the others socially they are all nearly as bad as each other, the costs of lung cancer to the NHS in the UK? Billions. The cost of heroin for emergency treatments? Billions. The cost of alcohol related violence and damage to the NHS and the police and everyone who is affected by alcohol related violence? Billions.

Just because the visual impact of tobacco or alcohol isn't as initially shocking compared to other drugs it doesn't mean it doesn't cause huge amounts of social harm. Heroin, tobacco and alcohol, almost whatever the drug is, it does more damage to society than MDMA at least.

Source from David Nutt, psychiatrist and neuropsychopharmacist, ex professor, ex member of committee of safety of medicines advising the UK government -
http://www.thelancet.com/journals/la...462-6/abstract

Last edited by Human; October 15th, 2017 at 11:32 AM.