Old October 1st, 2017, 10:17 AM   #41
SethfromMI
Legendary Member

SethfromMI's Forum Picture

Name: Seth
Default Re: College Football/NFL Discussion 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrsaxoman View Post
I really only started getting into college football the last couple years. And sports as a whole since my junior and senior year of highschool. So no, I hadnt heard about it. But after reading through all the comments that is terrible. I understand giving them the death penalty but I would hate punishing the current students for it. They should have gotten it back when it happened though.
Well that's understandable. if you haven't heard of it you haven't heard of it. but when you have people who say, I know children got raped, but Paterno was still a good coach, when Paterno knew about what was going on and allowed it to happen in order to help save the football program, no, Paterno doesn't deserve anything. the only way he should be remembered is for his connection to Jerry Sandusky and what happened to so many boys who were raped. children were raped. raped. I don't give a fiddler's fart how talented he was as a coach he could have done so much more in order to protect those kids but he didn't. he may not have done the raping but the fact he didn't do everything he could have makes him pretty near as guilty.

19 | M | BI

Always Up For A Chat!

~ Seth
SethfromMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2017, 12:54 PM   #42
BlackParadePixie
Awesome Poster

BlackParadePixie's Forum Picture

Name: Fiona

SDSU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 5 and 0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

w00t

17 - f - Wes Anderson fan

BlackParadePixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2017, 07:22 PM   #43
BlackParadePixie
Awesome Poster

lol chargers suck it up again

Old October 1st, 2017, 07:26 PM   #44
SethfromMI
Legendary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackParadePixie View Post
lol chargers suck it up again
aww poor Fiona. poor poor Fiona. you could always become a Packers fan, we're doing pretty good this season

19 | M | BI

Always Up For A Chat!

~ Seth
Old October 2nd, 2017, 01:54 AM   #45
BlackParadePixie
Awesome Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethfromMI View Post
aww poor Fiona. poor poor Fiona. you could always become a Packers fan, we're doing pretty good this season
what'll you do for me

Old October 2nd, 2017, 05:30 PM   #46
SethfromMI
Legendary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackParadePixie View Post
what'll you do for me
anything you want XD

besides, you get the chance to root for a team who wins haha

19 | M | BI

Always Up For A Chat!

~ Seth
Old October 4th, 2017, 11:12 AM   #47
mattsmith48
VT Lover

Name: matt

Danny Trevathan's suspension for attempt to murder with his helmet was reduced to one game, which is 15 games less than the penalty for smoking pot.

Straight Canadian boy
feel free to pm me will talk about anything
mattsmith48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2017, 05:51 PM   #48
SethfromMI
Legendary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsmith48 View Post
Danny Trevathan's suspension for attempt to murder with his helmet was reduced to one game, which is 15 games less than the penalty for smoking pot.
It may have been his "first offense" but that was a dirty, dirty, dirty, nasty hit. I am not just saying that as a Packers fan but it was horrifying to watch. you can wreck someone's life by doing that. And then to say he didn't celebrate or didn't mean too (I mean I realize he can't say it was on purpose but come on). still, Adams was back in the next game (thankfully) so considering it was his first offense, I guess I am ok with it.

I don't have a sympathy for pot smokers in the NFL. you sign a contract that says you can't do it. if you want to make the millions on your contract, you better not do it.

Anyways a court ruled to uphold Ezekiel Elliot's suspension for 6 games. I didn't follow this case as closely as Ray Rice or Greg Hardy, but I heard there was little to no evidence. While I agree with the NFL being harsh on cases it is clear and there is evidence, I think they have to be very careful on simple hearsay on how they make such a ruling. Yes, I think he is guilty, but there still needs to be some evidence (which maybe the police had, again, I didn't follow this story as closely).

19 | M | BI

Always Up For A Chat!

~ Seth
Old October 13th, 2017, 09:15 AM   #49
mattsmith48
VT Lover

Quote:
It may have been his "first offense" but that was a dirty, dirty, dirty, nasty hit. I am not just saying that as a Packers fan but it was horrifying to watch. you can wreck someone's life by doing that. And then to say he didn't celebrate or didn't mean too (I mean I realize he can't say it was on purpose but come on). still, Adams was back in the next game (thankfully) so considering it was his first offense, I guess I am ok with it.

I don't have a sympathy for pot smokers in the NFL. you sign a contract that says you can't do it. if you want to make the millions on your contract, you better not do it.
Football is a sport that is really tough on someone's body, I rather have them smoke pot to relieve them from the pain than abusing pain killers.

Quote:
Anyways a court ruled to uphold Ezekiel Elliot's suspension for 6 games. I didn't follow this case as closely as Ray Rice or Greg Hardy, but I heard there was little to no evidence. While I agree with the NFL being harsh on cases it is clear and there is evidence, I think they have to be very careful on simple hearsay on how they make such a ruling. Yes, I think he is guilty, but there still needs to be some evidence (which maybe the police had, again, I didn't follow this story as closely).
I don't really know what happen for Elliot, but I'm gonna say this, if you want to show you are against domestic violence by making an example of someone probably should have been the guy who knock out his girlfriend in a hotel elevator, on video.

Straight Canadian boy
Old October 14th, 2017, 08:49 AM   #50
SethfromMI
Legendary Member

Quote:
Football is a sport that is really tough on someone's body, I rather have them smoke pot to relieve them from the pain than abusing pain killers.

I don't really know what happen for Elliot, but I'm gonna say this, if you want to show you are against domestic violence by making an example of someone probably should have been the guy who knock out his girlfriend in a hotel elevator, on video.
um you do know Ray Rice never played another NFL game right? that is who your referring to. I am pretty sure he was suspended for the full season and then no one hired him.

and you don't understand with the pot thing. if I gave you 10 million dollars and said you have to be at work at 9 every morning and you show up at 2 PM saying you needed more sleep and you can do whatever you want and still expect to get the 10 million, it doesn't work that way. Josh Gordon doesn't smoke pot because of pain. he smokes pot because he is a pothead and would rather smoke pot than play football. if the contract says no pot, if you sign than contract, you HAVE to live up to what you AGREED to or else FACE the CONSEQUENCES when they catch you breaking the agreement you agreed to in the first place. Until the the rules change, they are what they are. I see the point you are trying to make, but you can't excuses for them. No one puts a gun to their head and says I will blow your brains out if you don't sign. they agree to it, they know the rules about smoking pot, they can know what will happen to them if they continue to do so.

19 | M | BI

Always Up For A Chat!

~ Seth
Old October 14th, 2017, 01:46 PM   #51
mattsmith48
VT Lover

Quote:
um you do know Ray Rice never played another NFL game right? that is who your referring to. I am pretty sure he was suspended for the full season and then no one hired him.
He was suspended 2 games than when the second video got leaked the NFL tried to suspend him 4 more games, but he won the appeal because you can't punish someone twice for the same offence. I think that's when the Ravens released him and the 31 other teams agreed to not sign him.

Straight Canadian boy
Old October 14th, 2017, 06:18 PM   #52
SethfromMI
Legendary Member

Quote:
He was suspended 2 games than when the second video got leaked the NFL tried to suspend him 4 more games, but he won the appeal because you can't punish someone twice for the same offence. I think that's when the Ravens released him and the 31 other teams agreed to not sign him.
well I def agree his initial punishment should have been more. and I also know the main reason he did not get a job was because he was no longer talented enough at the position for his age. Greg Hardy got a second chance with Dallas only because Dallas thought he could produce. when they realized he was no longer worth the trouble he brought, he did not get resigned after his first year there.

19 | M | BI

Always Up For A Chat!

~ Seth