Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old October 10th, 2017, 11:01 AM   #1
haley-james68

Name: haley
Default my stepdad is an ass

he's literally the most irritating person i've ever met. he's like really dumb, he's never even gone to high school yet he acts like he's smarter than everyone and knows everything, he's super bossy and acts as if he's my dad which i'm really grateful he's not lol. he's also really fucking childish like, when i or one of my siblings does something that he doesn't like for example like grab a cookie from the kitchen or something like that he says some shit like "i'm gonna tell ur mom later" ... like what grown ass man says that? what kind of person over 10 years old threatens to go to your mom? also, i'm only 17 and my siblings are 11 and 13 so obviously sometimes, as teenagers, we act like teens and get mad or whatever and we sometimes get angry at him too and then he just screams at us and basically every time he says "if you don't like me, just tell me and i'll go and live on my own blah blah blah" like? what the fuck? why would you say that? i mean i understand that he's only human and he can get mad and sometimes when i get mad i can be annoying but if he actually loves my mom why the fuck would he threaten to leave her just because her children are annoying sometimes? also a few years ago my mom was checking his emails because she was suspicious of him i guess, and guess what she found in his inbox.. mails of him sending to other women to have sex. honestly i don't understand why she stayed with him after that because even though he was already a dick, this is the worst thing he's done. and i didn't just find this out, my mom just flat out told me all that. i just hate him so much honestly i don't think that if he died i'd cry or even care. how can i deal with this shit? (i don't think anyone read all this, but whatever.)
haley-james68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2017, 12:41 PM   #2
Dalcourt

Dalcourt's Forum Picture

Name: Peanut
Default Re: my stepdad is an ass

Well I for my part would just ignore him. He doesn't only seem immature he also seems insecure in his role as a "father" that is what I feel is the main reason for his actions.
Weak and insecure people need to put others down or threaten them with stuff like he does.

So don't let yourself get provoked and just ignore him. Be there for your siblings and your Mom.

Why your Mom still wants to be with him...guess only she knows.

I can't offer anything better on this, sorry
Dalcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2017, 03:31 PM   #3
ska8er
VT Lover

ska8er's Forum Picture

Name: Andy

I would just let him make an ass
out of himself when he starts carrying
on and avoid him and say nothing. Once
he sees he is not getting to u then he may
stop.
ska8er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2017, 11:12 PM   #4
NewLeafsFan
Great Poster

Name: Cedrick

I read the entire post and I agree that he's acting very childish. When he tells you that he'll just leave and go live by himself somewhere I think that you should call his bluff and see how he responds. He obviously won't leave. When he acts like a 10 yr old, he's probably trying to tease you and thinks of you as a friend. Just ignore it; he'll eventually get the message.

I'm really curious as to who brings in the most income in your family. Is he an over grown child leaching off of your mom? Or is she with this cheater cause she can't afford to leave?

Canada / Sport Management (Hockey) Major / Straight / Left-Wing Progressive / 18 yrs old

Cedrick Desjardins
NewLeafsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2017, 08:33 AM   #5
mick01
Great Poster

mick01's Forum Picture

Name: Mick

Ya, don't stoop to his level. As the oldest, you can show your younger siblings the best way to react to someone who is acting like an idiot and being childish. You'll likely be out of the house long before them so teach them how to best handle him.
mick01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2017, 11:21 AM   #6
Just JT
sure, ask, dare you

Just JT's Forum Picture

Name: JT

Theres lots of great advice here man. Id do all of those suggestions. He might figure it out, maybe he wont, but either way I think hell figure out something g if you do tell him you dont like him and call his bluff

But again, shit like that will always escelate before it improves. So just be ready for that, and dont add fuel to the fire, or itll look like your doing shit to antagonize him on purpose. Let him do it all by himself, and ignore him. He has no authority over you right?

When he says hell tell your mom this or that, just so ok thanks and walk away
Just JT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2017, 03:26 PM   #7
Ragle
Member++

Ragle's Forum Picture

Name: Elgar

In any case, don't argue with him. But if he even has a small approach of intelligence, sometimes answer in a witty-ironically intellectual way, so that his brain has something to think about.
Ragle is offline   Reply With Quote