Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old September 28th, 2017, 10:00 PM   #1
Mars
Global Moderator

Mars's Forum Picture

Default Student stabbed to death with switchblade in the Bronx

Quote:
The taunting began on the first day of high school and continued until Abel Cedeno couldnt hold his rage another second.

The bullied student, armed with a $30 switchblade, stabbed one of his tormentors to death and savagely gashed a second teen as a Wednesday morning history class turned into a Bronx bloodbath, police said.

Horrified classmates howled in disbelief as Cedeno flew into a homicidal fury, plunging the serrated stainless steel blade into the chests of Matthew McCree, 15, and Ariane Laboy, 16.

More here
This shit is honestly insane... like it's fucked that he went and stabbed the kid to death but that's rage dude, honestly. But he was harassed and bullied and I don't blame him for snapping like that. His moms was stuck in PR cuz of the hurricane n he's got like what, 6 charges or some shit on him? It's crazy. Dudes b gettin off for rape cuz they go to prestigious colleges n shit, cops get off w shooting people, but here's this bullied n harassed kid that goes off on a rage n 24 hours (not even) later he's already being charged w shit.

Again tho, he was wrong. He was 18, other kid was 15, and he definitely shouldn't have resorted to violence and stabbed the other kid to death. But again this shit is crazy wtf

"The head may err, but never the blood.
Nice salt pouch, asshole
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoppingTom View Post
so if he pulls these shenanigans again, I'm whipping out the long dick of the law on him

~Endeavour was here~
~Mike Was Here~
Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2017, 10:35 PM   #2
Dalcourt
VT Lover

Dalcourt's Forum Picture

Name: Peanut
Default Re: Student stabbed to death with switchblade in the Bronx

It's really sad to reafd this. However being bullied by someone is no excuse for resorting to violence or even cold blooded murder.
At 18 you are an adult and should find other ways to deal with a 15 year old kid taunting you than stabbing him to death.

If you are "a good kid" like it's implied in the news article you don't buy an illegal weapon and bring it to school.
So charging him with murder is completely justified imo.

If there was an ongoing problem between those students involved it would also have been the teachers job to stop the bullying before it escalates like that.
But as always nothing happens before it is too late.
Dalcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2017, 01:13 PM   #3
Snowfox
Member+

Name: Pyry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars View Post
This shit is honestly insane... like it's fucked that he went and stabbed the kid to death but that's rage dude, honestly. But he was harassed and bullied and I don't blame him for snapping like that. His moms was stuck in PR cuz of the hurricane n he's got like what, 6 charges or some shit on him? It's crazy. Dudes b gettin off for rape cuz they go to prestigious colleges n shit, cops get off w shooting people, but here's this bullied n harassed kid that goes off on a rage n 24 hours (not even) later he's already being charged w shit.

Again tho, he was wrong. He was 18, other kid was 15, and he definitely shouldn't have resorted to violence and stabbed the other kid to death. But again this shit is crazy wtf
Oftentimes only thing that gets attention of assholes is pure violence. Violence oftentimes is only solution while I cant say for sure about this case.
@Dalcourt I would say its manslaughter not murder. Murder is cold blooded action that has been planned in advance. I also realize that there are differences between jurisdictions about that matter.
Also nearly 100% teachers are worst kind of lowlifes and scum of earth and enjoy greatly when kids bully each other. So teacher doing something to bully issue. In your dreams. If they actually do anything they encourage bullies to do it or join bullying.

Last edited by Snowfox; September 29th, 2017 at 01:17 PM.
Snowfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2017, 03:08 PM   #4
bojack
Member++

bojack's Forum Picture

Name: Luke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowfox View Post
Also nearly 100% teachers are worst kind of lowlifes and scum of earth and enjoy greatly when kids bully each other.
Um, going to need to see some statistics on that one. And if you're just going from personal experience, I can guarantee most people wouldn't believe the same thing

Open to talk about anything anytime. huge nerd/really into video games and music. bi-curious
Changed my username, used to be thedudejr
bojack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2017, 08:31 PM   #5
Dalcourt
VT Lover

Dalcourt's Forum Picture

@Snowfox well I'd say bying an illegal blade at Amazon and take it to school with me sounds a lot like planning violence in advance...so I'm sorry but I have no pity for people like that.

It's not nice to be bullied okay, but there are ways to seek help and no need to "snap" like that. All your life there will always be people who sorta "bully" you and no person is secure from that may it be at school, the stranger on the street or your boss...so it's part of growing up is dealing with these kind of problems without resorting to violence...
Old September 29th, 2017, 08:48 PM   #6
Just JT
sure, ask, dare you

Just JT's Forum Picture

Name: JT

@Snowfox I agree with @Dalcourt
That's pre-meditated. Not manslaughter.
I agree violence is never a good end that justifies its means, but sometimes it has in my world.
But not like this. IF premeditated, that's harsh.

But also we all have our different breaking points. And like @Mars is saying it's fucked up. Lots of factors go into how we all respond to different things.

Having fam in PR is harsh right now. Not saying what he did was right. Violence imo is wrong.

But that asshole prob knew this shit and just added some kinda fuel to the fire. Maybe he got more than he deserved.
Just JT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2017, 10:55 AM   #7
Snowfox
Member+

@Just JT @bojack and @Dalcourt.
Carrying knife can be done for self defense in cases when carrying gun is not an option. Funny how you americans generally are fine with carrying self defense guns but carrying knife is something you dislike????

Also violence is one way to deal with problems. If it would be not there would be no wars and police would not be carrying guns etc.
Violence may not be best way to deal with problems generally but it has its place in a palette of solutions.

There are assholes who dont learn nice way. So someone has to teach them hard way. Maybe other assholes learned something. At least I hope so.

And @Dalcourt There most usually are absolutely no help available. Schools are in favor of bullies and always without any exeption defend bullies. Like I earlier mentioned how teachers take joy out of it. I really hope that someone finishes this by peeing over dead bullys grave or shits over it just to make statement
Old September 30th, 2017, 12:40 PM   #8
Mars
Global Moderator

Mars's Forum Picture

Quote:
Carrying knife can be done for self defense in cases when carrying gun is not an option. Funny how you americans generally are fine with carrying self defense guns but carrying knife is something you dislike????

Also violence is one way to deal with problems. If it would be not there would be no wars and police would not be carrying guns etc.
Violence may not be best way to deal with problems generally but it has its place in a palette of solutions.

There are assholes who dont learn nice way. So someone has to teach them hard way. Maybe other assholes learned something. At least I hope so.

And @Dalcourt There most usually are absolutely no help available. Schools are in favor of bullies and always without any exeption defend bullies. Like I earlier mentioned how teachers take joy out of it. I really hope that someone finishes this by peeing over dead bullys grave or shits over it just to make statement
The fuck? The kid who died was 15 years old , and even if he was a bully, he didn't deserve to die. The boy who killed him was 18 years old, an adult basically, and shouldn't have been carrying a knife around in school anyway. Like I stated previously, I get snapping and rage induced violence, but actually killing someone is completely different.

Nice salt pouch, asshole
Quote:
so if he pulls these shenanigans again, I'm whipping out the long dick of the law on him

~Endeavour was here~
~Mike Was Here~
Old September 30th, 2017, 12:43 PM   #9
mattsmith48
VT Lover

Name: matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalcourt View Post
It's really sad to reafd this. However being bullied by someone is no excuse for resorting to violence or even cold blooded murder.
At 18 you are an adult and should find other ways to deal with a 15 year old kid taunting you than stabbing him to death.

If you are "a good kid" like it's implied in the news article you don't buy an illegal weapon and bring it to school.
So charging him with murder is completely justified imo.

If there was an ongoing problem between those students involved it would also have been the teachers job to stop the bullying before it escalates like that.
But as always nothing happens before it is too late.
Wait what? Switchblades are illegal, but guns aren't?

Quote:

That's excessive. Also schools are not in favour of bullies, yes sometimes it seem like they don't do anything, but I think its more due to the lack of resources than the school taking the side of the bullies.

Straight Canadian boy
feel free to pm me will talk about anything

Last edited by mattsmith48; September 30th, 2017 at 12:46 PM.
mattsmith48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2017, 02:31 PM   #10
Snowfox
Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsmith48 View Post

That's excessive. Also schools are not in favour of bullies, yes sometimes it seem like they don't do anything, but I think its more due to the lack of resources than the school taking the side of the bullies.
Doing nothing is an act. Decision to not to interfere is decision to allow bullying to continue and is clear message to bullying assholes to keep going. It is taking side of bullies. This is passive approval.
Quite often if not most usually teachers actually enjoy seeing kids bullied and when some kid commits suicide teachers throw party because of it. I have seen it happening way too many times. I have seen teachers openly supporting bullying of kids. All that is active approval.
Old September 30th, 2017, 05:18 PM   #11
Just JT
sure, ask, dare you

Just JT's Forum Picture

Name: JT

Quote:

Carrying a knife in self defense is one thing. Yeah, that's allowed. And there are laws regulating what types of knives are legal and illegal. In this case, it's an illegal knife, being carried inside of a school. That's illegal. It's not about guns, and their legalization. Let's stay on track and compare apples to apples. More people are wounded, assaulted, murdered by knives than guns in the us. But that's for the debates area.

As far as violence goes, violence does not solve problems. It only makes more problems. That's like saying guns kill people.

But I do agree that if there was no violence then there would be no need for weapons. But that's just an unrealistic expectation for humans. In one way shape or form, it all resorts to greed and envy. Get rid of those, and replace with empathy and compassion, now we've got a start. But that will never happen as long as there are humans walking this earth. We're a jealous animal, envious of others for what they have, and greedy fuckers who wana control the world with cash.

This kid, he ruined his own life, his families life, the kids he murdered and those families will never recover from that tragedy. And the witnesses who saw it go down. That's ptsd all over the place.

So many victims and so little resources. It's a absolute shame

Quote:

True, it does happen. Schools don't do a good enough job on the anti bullying stuff. It should be safer.

Quote:
Doing nothing is an act. Decision to not to interfere is decision to allow bullying to continue and is clear message to bullying assholes to keep going. It is taking side of bullies. This is passive approval.
Quite often if not most usually teachers actually enjoy seeing kids bullied and when some kid commits suicide teachers throw party because of it. I have seen it happening way too many times. I have seen teachers openly supporting bullying of kids. All that is active approval.
I agree with @MattSmith. They don't consciously decide to avoid these issues. Maybe where you live they do, but I don't see it where I am. They do their best, but sometimes it's just to much for the teachers to handle it all
Just JT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2017, 09:48 PM   #12
Dalcourt
VT Lover

Dalcourt's Forum Picture

Quote:
The article says that the blade was illegal in the States of New York, so yes.
In certain places guns are illegal, too...or why else do you think a lot of schools have metal detectors you have to walk through in the morning like you are at the airport?

Quote:

I really don't feel like discussing the usefulness of violence with you.
I just tell you one thing when I was like 12-13 I knew a lot of kids at my school who thought like you.They always said I'm weak, since I often just walked away from a confrontation instead of using violence like they did. I made it through my teens without ever pulling a knife or gun on anyone even though those weapons would have been available to me all the time.

And now? Most of them are either dead or in jail...whereas I'm still here with a clean police record and on my way to a better life and "out of the ghetto".

End of the day violence is no answer in our daily life as it does way more harm than good. You resort to violence you ruin your life like that kid in the article did...you ruin your family as they are the family of a murderer now.

So honestly there is other solutions than stabbing someone who says mean things or throwing a pencil at you, even if teachers won't help you....go find other classmates who stand by you and speak up for you etc.

But this kind of running amok has never solved anything.
Old October 1st, 2017, 11:13 AM   #13
rioo
Member++

rioo's Forum Picture

Name: Rio

Last year there is also stab murdering around my area. also all the guys underage, and media cover it by not showing any picture. But why they showing the picture here?
rioo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2017, 11:45 AM   #14
mattsmith48
VT Lover

Name: matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalcourt View Post
The article says that the blade was illegal in the States of New York, so yes.
In certain places guns are illegal, too...or why else do you think a lot of schools have metal detectors you have to walk through in the morning like you are at the airport?
You have metal detectors in your schools?

Straight Canadian boy
feel free to pm me will talk about anything
mattsmith48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2017, 12:10 PM   #15
Mars
Global Moderator

Mars's Forum Picture

Quote:
You have metal detectors in your schools?
LMAO yes, i think most high schools in nyc have metal detectors (tbh tho, security guards don't give a shit. I have metal detectors in my school n ppl still brought in lighters, knives, and guns twice)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rioo View Post
Last year there is also stab murdering around my area. also all the guys underage, and media cover it by not showing any picture. But why they showing the picture here?
The guy isn't underage, he's 18

Nice salt pouch, asshole
Quote:

~Endeavour was here~
~Mike Was Here~
Old October 1st, 2017, 12:28 PM   #16
bojack
Member++

bojack's Forum Picture

Name: Luke

Quote:

Yeah, in NYC you can't buy them anywhere and assault with them gets you a much heavier sentence than assault without

Open to talk about anything anytime. huge nerd/really into video games and music. bi-curious
Changed my username, used to be thedudejr
bojack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2017, 06:53 AM   #17
Uniquemind
VT Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars View Post
LMAO yes, i think most high schools in nyc have metal detectors (tbh tho, security guards don't give a shit. I have metal detectors in my school n ppl still brought in lighters, knives, and guns twice)

The guy isn't underage, he's 18

I've said this before, and I'll say it again. I have a problem with the magic age of consent and reason. Specifically that phrase "but they were age __".

Calendar time doesn't support the truth behind how their brain is rationalizing things, nor even if the brain is developed. It's just a best-fit-average of where the law says we have an ideal to then base legal prosecution paperwork on.

If the bullying was on-going we also know stress and trauma can retard brain neuron development, and if that's the case the perpetrator might as well have been mentally judged below and 18 year old standard as well.

So I don't think that's a good response, I think (and not on this issue alone) it's a quick answer that's hard to be proven wrong, but the logic of it seems weak to me.

What he did was wrong, but I can understand why he snapped.

People need to learn to be nicer, empathetic, and less power hungry, towards each other. People bully other people as a way to show off and gain appeal, sometimes through the guise of humor, to some effect obviously or it would cease.

Also people are so jaded by the "take the high road" speech too, because too often (and it's coming out in news stories as of late) there are examples of bully-like behavior that in the adult world seem to be tolerated, overlooked, or even rewarded (think of our definition of success in life: aka wealth, status, power).

So the whole adage of bullies lose in the end fails to comfort, because it's an inconsistent truth.

So to someone whose family is wrecked by disaster, in his mind he probably wanted to ensure his sense of justice and he is paying his consequence.

I think we need a change in discussion, I think we need to talk about how we deal with the stress of being bullied and where we can let that stress out in a healthy way with or without confronting said bully, and erasing the stigma of expressing or talking out your problems.

But we also need to teach that bullies do win in life sometimes, and that lack of revenge upon them, should not be a measure for which NOT to take the high road.

You should be taking the high road for yourself and yourself alone, and that's what should be taught.
Uniquemind is offline   Reply With Quote