Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old September 18th, 2017, 10:46 PM   #1
Mob Boss
Awesome Poster

Mob Boss's Forum Picture

Name: Bridge
Default Life is a beautiful thing, and you're resilient...

I popped in yesterday for an update and wanted to drop this here.

I joined VT when I was 18. A late age, I know, but I've always been a late bloomer at everything. When I joined I had no clue what I was, beyond the mushy thing that we know as human. I had awful anxiety, never fit in at school and never tried to, I'd never dated anyone (nor anything that goes alongside that). I'd never drank, partied, anything.

I've now experienced all those things. And I'm sure you'd like to hear that drinking is fun. I drank once, didn't like the person I was when drunk then woke up the next morning sick as hell cursing alcohol. I'm sure you'd like to hear partying is fun. Again, something I've done very rarely and ended up loathing. When in actuality, people don't act themselves when partying. They forget the reality of seeing those faces in more sober settings and having to relive their actions. It can be dangerous. And as an introvert that hates big crowds, I hated it. I've fallen in love with a guy that loves me most when I'm unapologetically me. And you shouldn't settle for anyone that thinks anything less than you is more acceptable than fully you.

What I will tell you is nothing is ever irreversibly bad. I've lived out of cars; I've fed my dying grandpa with an eye dropper on his deathbed; my mom basically disappeared on me after highschool; I've had to talk my dad out of suicide; I have a form of OCD and I shoulder it and deal. I've had childhood traumas too personal to recount. And still I smile. I'm not saying shoulder your issues. Far from that. What I'm trying to convey is you are resilient. You are far more resilient than you believe yourself to be. And through it all I've learned to fall in love with the simplest of things. I've learned to find a sort of heaven in drawing and cherish the brief moments I get to see my dad or coming home after a long day's work to my eternally happy puppies.

I understand right now some of you are experiencing crappy things and unasked for changes. I can totally empathize with not being sure who exactly you are and also the fear of someday learning exactly who you are in the event you don't like that person. But what is so magnificent is we currently live in a time where love and a total acceptance is becoming the universal attitude. It's okay to not know who you are. It's okay to have down days and wallow. But don't put yourself in boxes, don't hate whatever it is you are. Don't fear or hide your differences, because as I've gotten older it's the differences I relish as they separate me from every other humanoid. And remember nothing is ever permanently bad. Everything can be repaired. Every situation can turn around in an instant. Remember you could have been a one-celled bacterium but instead you're a human, with all these senses and nerve-endings with a working brain to experience life. And that's an overwhelmingly beautiful thing.
Mob Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2017, 01:12 AM   #2
NewLeafsFan
Awesome Poster

Name: Cedrick
Default Re: Life is a beautiful thing, and you're resilient...

It's great that this website was able to help you. You must be a very caring person to want to let your story help others.

Canada / Sport Management (Hockey) Major / Straight / Left-Wing Progressive / 18 yrs old

Cedrick Desjardins
NewLeafsFan is offline   Reply With Quote