Old September 25th, 2017, 02:34 PM   #41
Scarydrago
Junior Member+

Scarydrago's Forum Picture

Default Re: Who has it harder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars View Post
Yeah but you're forgetting the fact that -

1 in 3 women [and 1 in 4 men] have been victims of [some form of] physical violence by an intimate partner within their lifetime.

1 in 4 women [and 1 in 7 men] have been victims of severe physical violence by an intimate partner in their lifetime

1 in 7 women [and 1 in 18 men] have been stalked by an intimate partner during their lifetime

Women between the ages of 18-24 are most commonly abused by an intimate partner.

1 in 5 women [and 1 in 71 men] in the United States has been raped in their lifetime

Women abused by their intimate partners are more vulnerable to contracting HIV or other STIs due to forced intercourse or prolonged exposure to stress.

Source

82% of all juvenile victims are female. 90% of adult rape victims are female

Females ages 16-19 are 4 times more likely than the general population to be victims of rape, attempted rape, or sexual assault.

Women ages 18-24 who are college students are 3 times more likely than women in general to experience sexual violence. Females of the same age who are not enrolled in college are 4 times more likely

Source

So no fucking shit people are going to be more scared of men than they are women. Even growing up, society places gender roles and stereotypes on men and women. Men as aggressive and dominant. Women as kind and submissive. Because of these stereotypes not only do we learn to fear men, but it also puts pressure on the man to be that way. I'm not saying that men aren't abused or raped, but a large majority of the time they are not the victims. 9/10 people that are raped are FEMALE. Now tell me again why men have it so difficult? Tell me again why more people are afraid of men than women?

Also, can I get sources for those statistics @Scarydrago
https://ucformen.wordpress.com/2011/...ng-statistics/

i like metal
Im also bi but im straight so im bi but i only date girls
Scarydrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2017, 07:11 PM   #42
Mars
Global Moderator

Mars's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarydrago View Post
Thank, again tho, u keep bringing up the point that men should be able to hit women or defend women if they're being abused and i agree. However, accept the fact that 9/10 times this isn't the case and the man isn't the victim. So please stop w that nonsense.

Any other arguments you have that I need to debunk tho?

"The head may err, but never the blood.
Nice salt pouch, asshole
Quote:
The point isnt to actually have the biggest penis in the world, but to carry yourself like you have the biggest penis.

~Endeavour was here~
~Mike Was Here~
Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2017, 11:50 PM   #43
bojack
Member++

bojack's Forum Picture

Name: Luke

Quote:
A good number of the sources in that list are extremely biased and misogynistic. They would never be taken seriously in any academic or professional environment.
No one is saying that men don't have problems, they do (especially when it comes to mental health stigma, but thats a separate issue), its just that men (especially white men, who are usually the majority of men's rights movements) have an incredible amount of privilege and agency.

Also with some of those stats, looking at them purely from a "men vs women" perspective is incredibly naive. Some of them, like especially the incarceration rate and the prevalence of AIDS, have some pretty obvious other factors that play a massive role. But again, thats another topic

Open to talk about anything anytime. huge nerd/really into video games and music. bi-curious
Changed my username, used to be thedudejr
bojack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2017, 05:44 PM   #44
Stronk Serb
Kebab Remover

Stronk Serb's Forum Picture

In Serbian society... both. I mean girls deal with patriarchal problems in some cases, but boys do have their share of problems. Since I am mostly done with puberty now, I guess it's now my job to look after my little brother and sister who have just entered puberty. It's a complicated mess.

Male/Serb nationalist/Centrist Authoritarian /Straight/Heliphobe
"Democracy is a dictatorship of the fools"
-Friedrich von Schiller (1759 1805)
VT's leading expert on Slavology and anything Slavic-related, if you have some questions of Slavic nature, just send me a VM or a PM
Stronk Serb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2017, 06:57 PM   #45
Babs
draft dodger

Babs's Forum Picture

In modern society in my country, I'd say that men and women are mostly equal. Everyone is on the same legal footing, everyone is free to make whatever they want of their lives. That said, in my humble opinion, women have minor social disadvantages. Speaking as a woman though, I think the disadvantages women face are often inflated, as if women are totally at the mercy of men when that isn't the truth. While the aforementioned disadvantages are inconvenient or offensive, it certainly doesn't have any bearing on my life because I'm stronger than that. Women can and should take the reins and rise above it, that's how you earn respect.

Quote:
first of all you look like a dipshit using a dot wordpress address as a source.
secondly and i realize this has little to do with you as you did not write the a̶r̶t̶i̶c̶l̶e̶ blog post men have a lower life expectancy because they're more prone to heart disease. it's not society, it's biology. or maybe it's the bacon they keep putting on everything.

Last edited by Babs; October 2nd, 2017 at 07:04 PM.
Babs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2017, 06:42 PM   #46
MeganA
Banned

Name: Megan

girls because we have periods.
MeganA is offline   Reply With Quote