Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old September 26th, 2017, 09:56 PM   #1
CatGoesMeow

Unhappy Need Advice About Depression & Best Friend

So I've been depressed for at least half a year now and whenever I begin getting depressed (and sometimes it gets a lot worse than I wish it would) I would go talk to my best friend in DM's on this chat app because he understands what it's like to be depressed, but also because he's the only one I trust that much (it's hard for me to trust people and also takes me a while to begin to trust someone due to events in the past) and this has gone on for a while where whenever one person was feeling depressed the other would let them talk and help them feel better.

Well, earlier tonight, he basically ended up telling me to stop coming to him with my depression and to talk to other people instead. He knows I have trouble talking to other people who I'm not as close to and it really hurt me to hear him outright say to basically leave him alone and stop bothering him.

I just don't know what to do anymore. I know he's not a therapist or anything (and sadly I haven't been and still can't afford to go to one right now) but I want to feel better again and stop feeling like everytime we talk it's just a big argument (he told me it's not but that's how my mind perceives it)

I'm just not sure what to do, about this, about my depression, and honestly I just need some advice or maybe someone to talk to.
I can also explain more if needed (here or in DM's)
CatGoesMeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2017, 02:33 PM   #2
hjhj
Member++

hjhj's Forum Picture

Name: The Leader of the Yellow Scarves
Default Re: Need Advice About Depression & Best Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatGoesMeow View Post
So I've been depressed for at least half a year now and whenever I begin getting depressed (and sometimes it gets a lot worse than I wish it would) I would go talk to my best friend in DM's on this chat app because he understands what it's like to be depressed, but also because he's the only one I trust that much (it's hard for me to trust people and also takes me a while to begin to trust someone due to events in the past) and this has gone on for a while where whenever one person was feeling depressed the other would let them talk and help them feel better.

Well, earlier tonight, he basically ended up telling me to stop coming to him with my depression and to talk to other people instead. He knows I have trouble talking to other people who I'm not as close to and it really hurt me to hear him outright say to basically leave him alone and stop bothering him.

I just don't know what to do anymore. I know he's not a therapist or anything (and sadly I haven't been and still can't afford to go to one right now) but I want to feel better again and stop feeling like everytime we talk it's just a big argument (he told me it's not but that's how my mind perceives it)

I'm just not sure what to do, about this, about my depression, and honestly I just need some advice or maybe someone to talk to.
I can also explain more if needed (here or in DM's)
Try to keep talking to him. I know the feeling, it hurts but they want you to get more help.
If you ever have a bad stage when you need to talk make a post on here, we can help
Try to find a way to afford a therapist or find a counselor
We can chat if you want too, I'm here if you need a friend or any help whatsoever

Slowly and silently going crazy.
"I like my sugar with coffee and cream"

hjhj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2017, 05:16 PM   #3
jamie_n5
VT Lover

jamie_n5's Forum Picture

Name: Jamie

Sometimes trying to get help from a friend gets to be a burden to them. If you are constantly feeling depressed and bummed out it may be time to see your doctor about it. I did and I am on antidepressants and am doing really good now. Your friend I am sure cares but he must want to see you happy and wanting to do fun things with you instead of having to be a dime store therapist to his buddy. Try get help in an other way like I suggested.

I am gay and happy with that.
I love talking to people very open & willing to listen.
I am also glad to try help with questions or problems.
Hit me up for anything. I promise I don't bite.
jamie_n5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2017, 05:04 PM   #4
Just JT
sure, ask, dare you

Just JT's Forum Picture

Name: JT

I agree. I'm sure he's a good friend and all, it just may be to much for him to always hear about your problems and not enough about stuff he's interested in.

So try other topics to keep talking to him.

But also, your in the USA. Being able to afford a counselor or therapist shouldn't matter. You can get one for free basically. Just need to know where to look is all. And your parents MAY not even need to know anything about it.

So find someone to talk to. A professional. It does help...
Just JT is offline   Reply With Quote