Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

View Poll Results: Should legal immigration in your country be less restricted?
Yes, open borders 4 16.67%
Yes, easier access to permanent residency 7 29.17%
No, we must restrict immigration 10 41.67%
Status quo 3 12.50%
No opinion 0 0%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old August 27th, 2017, 08:26 PM   #21
Porpoise101
Awesome Poster

Porpoise101's Forum Picture

Default Re: Open Borders

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsmith48 View Post
We are officially a bilingual country. Because we are the minority it is more practical for immigrants to choose to go with English unless they are going to live in Quebec.
Even the ones that will go to live in Quebec can live an Anglophone life because there are Anglophone institutions for people to use in that province. This is getting OT, but the point is that Canada is an Anglo-dominated society in the eye of the immigrant. If we had national languages in the US, we would be bilingual too.

Back on topic: here is a study that shows influx of refugees does not have bad impacts on school systems.

ROTW Vet. AMA.
Porpoise101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2017, 12:19 PM   #22
NewLeafsFan
Awesome Poster

Name: Cedrick

No offence, but to everyone that said no I'd like to personally put you on a boat and take you back where you, your parents, or your grandparents, etc, came from.

There was a boat full of Jews that came to Canada and the USA at the beginning of WWII and both countries denied allowing them entry. Most died when the boat returned to Nazi occupied Europe. Remember that story.

Canada / Sport Management (Hockey) Major / Straight / Left-Wing Progressive / 18 yrs old

Cedrick Desjardins
NewLeafsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2017, 05:52 AM   #23
Dmaxd123
Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewLeafsFan View Post
No offence, but to everyone that said no I'd like to personally put you on a boat and take you back where you, your parents, or your grandparents, etc, came from.

There was a boat full of Jews that came to Canada and the USA at the beginning of WWII and both countries denied allowing them entry. Most died when the boat returned to Nazi occupied Europe. Remember that story.
this isn't about my great grandparents... they came to this country legally.

as long as someone goes through the proper channels and is coming in to help the country bring them on in,

to just open the boarders for anyone and any reason is asinine in my opinion
Dmaxd123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2017, 03:09 PM   #24
Vlerchan
unadulteratedReason

Vlerchan's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewLeafsFan
Whether we should deport the current stock of (legal or illegal) immigrants and whether we should allow more immigrants to enter the country are two entirely different questions.

Nevertheless, I'd be deported to about a half mile up the road.

".... the result of a consistent and total substitution of lies for factual truth is not that the lie will now be accepted as truth, and truth be defamed as lie, but that the sense by which we take our bearings in the real world - and the category of truth versus falsehood is among the mental means to this end - is being destroyed ... [H.A.]"
Vlerchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2017, 06:30 PM   #25
jamie_n5
VT Lover

jamie_n5's Forum Picture

Name: Jamie

I am not against immigration but our borders need to be restricted. Tougher border control is needed to try slow or stop illegal materials such as drugs and illegal guns and things coming over. People also need to immigrate legally and have a purpose for coming here.

I am gay and happy with that.
I love talking to people very open & willing to listen.
I am also glad to try help with questions or problems.
Hit me up for anything. I promise I don't bite.
jamie_n5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2017, 09:00 PM   #26
Flapjack
Good Egg

Flapjack's Forum Picture

I do loveee the idea of open borders because we can't choose where we are born and if you want to move somewhere then it would be awesome if you just could!! A guy I know at work is moving to Brazil because it was taking too long for his wife to get a visa to enter the UK, stuff like that breaks my heart!!

Whether it will work in reality however is another matter, I think we should wait until other countries try it and see how it goes, similar to decriminalising drugs!

I'm a prettyyy awkward weeb that likes alcohol and punk rock :')
Flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2017, 01:29 AM   #27
mattsmith48
VT Voice of reason

Name: matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flapjack View Post
I do loveee the idea of open borders because we can't choose where we are born and if you want to move somewhere then it would be awesome if you just could!! A guy I know at work is moving to Brazil because it was taking too long for his wife to get a visa to enter the UK, stuff like that breaks my heart!!
What breaks my heart is the Haitian refugees coming in from the US having to illegally cross the border to seek asylum here because President Pussy Grabber doesn't want to keep them. And because of the stupid safe third country agreement the ones who try to come here legally are almost instantly rejected and sent back to the US where they are thrown in jailed with real criminals for months waiting to be trialed and deported. All of that because they believed the PM's lie, when he told them they are no advantages for them to cross the border illegally.

Straight Canadian boy
feel free to pm me will talk about anything
mattsmith48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2017, 12:43 AM   #28
NewLeafsFan
Awesome Poster

Name: Cedrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmaxd123 View Post
this isn't about my great grandparents... they came to this country legally.

as long as someone goes through the proper channels and is coming in to help the country bring them on in,

to just open the boarders for anyone and any reason is asinine in my opinion
The point that im trying to make is that I don't care if ppl are here legally or not. If they are escaping a dangerous situation and needed in now I wouldn't report them.

However, if i had good reason to suspect that they were here to participate in illegal activity then as a concerned member of my community I would have to report them.

Canada / Sport Management (Hockey) Major / Straight / Left-Wing Progressive / 18 yrs old

Cedrick Desjardins
NewLeafsFan is offline   Reply With Quote