Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room [1]

Old September 14th, 2017, 08:42 AM   #1
EssentialAspiration
Junior Member+

Default Everyday is a battle I always lose

Each morning I wake up and feel awful. I have put on so much weight. I hate being this size I hate looking like this. But every morning I will lie here and say I should just have some weetabix today then go for a walk or something, it's not hard to lose weight just keep track of what I'm eating and be a bit more active. I talk to myself about it for about half an hour then I will go downstairs cook some bacon fry an egg stick it on some toast and eat that for breakfast. Later on in my day the same struggle ensues and I always opt for the most unhealthy option possible and even later on in my day I will eat chocolate sweets crisps literally until I am close to throwing up. I have reached a point where I really want to do something about my weight but I genuinely feel powerless to do so. I am not in control of this situation I am not in control of my eating. For example, I love to drink alcohol, I drink some almost every day, I know that's not good for my weight but given the amount I eat I can't be bothered to cut down on that when I feel there is no point. However, if my eating wasn't an issue and it was just the drinking, and i wanted to lose weight, I would just stop drinking, because that is something I can control and I don't long for the same way I do with food. I drink because I enjoy it but I don't feel like I need to.

At first I thought my overeating was because of how down I've felt for the past few years, but for the past month or so things have actually picked up and are going well. But I still constantly feel the need to eat whether I'm happy or sad. It feels like a genuine hunger I feel it in my stomach and it's all the time. I have had confidence issues surrounding my weight and size for as long as I can remember and I know if I continue to gain weight it is going to seriously affect my life.

I don't know what to do I have no self control I feel powerless in this. I find this whole thing embarrassing and I don't know who to look to for help.
EssentialAspiration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2017, 10:43 AM   #2
rioo
Member++

rioo's Forum Picture

Name: Rio
Default Re: Everyday is a battle I always lose

do you ever trying to sport or exercise?
I do swim couple times a week at public pool, and always seeing some overweight guys do exercise and talking each other about fat and trying to get more fit. We are still young and can have more energy if you cut down your bad habbit. Try to eat some banana for daily routine can also help for diet.
rioo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2017, 08:25 PM   #3
jamie_n5
VT Lover

jamie_n5's Forum Picture

Name: Jamie

I think that you are at a point where you need some professional help. I would see your doctor and they will most likely set you up with a dietician and they can help you get on track with a healthy and good diet.

I am gay and happy with that.
I love talking to people very open & willing to listen.
I am also glad to try help with questions or problems.
Hit me up for anything. I promise I don't bite.
jamie_n5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2017, 08:59 PM   #4
Just JT
sure, ask, dare you

Just JT's Forum Picture

Name: JT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie_n5 View Post
I think that you are at a point where you need some professional help. I would see your doctor and they will most likely set you up with a dietician and they can help you get on track with a healthy and good diet.
All day long. You need help bro. We all do from time to time. It's nothing to be embarrassed about ok?

I think asking for help is a sign of being very strong and courageous, cause it's so hard, you needa overcome that part be wrong and just ask.

Going this alone....no, you need help. Not something I think you can do on your own. Physically emotionally or mentally.

But...one thing you can do, is not have the food in the house you shouldn't be eating. Instead (after consulting a Dr and Dietician) is plan your meals. Plan the proper meals. And make it so that's your only choice.

It's like a drug addict living in a pharmacy or an alcoholic living in a liquor store. It's just not gonna work that way. You do need a change, only you can make it. But with help

So tomorrow, pick up the phone and call your Dr.

Baby steps bro, we got your back he ok?
Let us know how you make out ok?
Just JT is offline   Reply With Quote