Old August 16th, 2017, 12:34 PM   #21
Dalcourt
VT Lover

Dalcourt's Forum Picture

Name: Peanut
Default Re: Virtual teen should make a app

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flapjack View Post
They would have to have a way of verifying age but I do believe this is a great idea to raise funds for chatrooms, apps and even the sites hosting!!

I would be more tan happy to donate some money... when my job finally pays me XD

As for verifying age they could say you need to send a photo of yourself with your vt id number thing and a photo of a driving licence or passport
Donating for the site isn't a bad idea per se.

Since I'm not 18 it doesn't really concern me but finding a way to verify age or so isn't so easy. I mean I wouldn't want to send my drivers license or anything somewhere where I can't control what becomes of my data, just saying.
Dalcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2017, 02:51 PM   #22
PlasmaHam
Awesome Poster

PlasmaHam's Forum Picture

I think sites like Gofundme already provide adequate protections for donation. There is already an 18+ restriction for donating via Gofundme (13+ with parental permission), plus, there are very few <18 year old kids who have a credit/debit card and have enough money to be willing to part with. Unless a kid goes and steals a parents credit card (which is very unlikely) I doubt we would be dealing with kids donating without parent consent, or atleast care.

Even if we don't pursue the app (which I personally am totally fine with) we could use the money raised for other purposes. For example, I'm sure that hosting a large site like VT isn't cheap, supplementing the cost sure would help. Also a potential chatroom software, as I know there was some possiblities y'all were looking at, but were likely too pricey to get. This is up to the admin, y'all are the ones who deal with this kinda stuff anyway, but just consider this.

Also, while we are on the topic of site advertisement, I think a thing that would do the site more good than an app, is to expand VT's social media presence. As in, actually give the site a social media presence. While I am far from an expert on social media, I know enough to see that it is one of the biggest and easiest ways to attract teenagers to your site. I know other forums have Facebook, Twitter, and other social media pages, so why not VT? I know this is not relevant to the discussion here, but I just wanted to bring it up.
PlasmaHam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2017, 06:41 AM   #23
Diana2002

Diana2002's Forum Picture

Name: Diana

it would be nice, however the website works pretty fine on my phone too
Diana2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2017, 03:27 AM   #24
Mark2000
Banned

Name: Markie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaHam View Post
Yea, it would probably work very well given that it is specifically designed for vbulletin forums, and thus should integrate smoothly with VT. Also, from what I've read, we could put it on the online app stores to help advertise VT to primarily mobile users.

However, there is a bit of info your link didn't point out. There is a $200 licensing fee for the mobile suite, which is probably out the admins' price range currently. Good idea though. Perhaps (and this is totally up to the staff) if there is enough interest in a mobile site, we could set up a gofundme page, or some other way for people to donate money so that we could eventually get a mobile app. I know there are a host of issues regarding doing something like that, but it is an idea that may be good to ponder on.
My parents would donate.
Mark2000 is offline   Reply With Quote