Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old July 18th, 2017, 10:29 PM   #1
LuciferSam
Member++

LuciferSam's Forum Picture

Smile What This Place Taught Me

I joined this site back in 2012 shortly after turning 15 while learning what the internet had to offer. I am now 20, and this is the first real post I've made here in a very long time (in internet time, at any rate). I wasn't hugely active on here, but maybe a few of you out there remember me.

I don't know why, but for some reason this site crossed my mind tonight and I went to see if I still remembered my old login info. Luckily (and obviously), I did. After skimming around and finding things very much the same around the old place, I felt inspired to write something about my experiences here and how they shaped me. I'll probably go quiet again after I post this, except perhaps to respond to any replies it may receive, but I'll still be out here.

I suppose I just want to say that I'm glad I discovered this place when I did and that I believe it has played a significant role in my growing up. I know, I know, 20 is hardly "grown up", but nevertheless, I think it would be remiss if I didn't leave some token of my gratitude to this site for shaping me into who I am today.

Ramblings of the Wise helped me hone my debating and arguing skills and drove home to me the point of always knowing what it is I'm fighting for before I start to fight for it. Not to mention its help in exposing me to new and challenging ideas.

Psych Ward gave me insight into both the ordeals and triumphs of those facing mental illnesses and traumas. It helped a great deal (in addition to other sources and people) to both educate me on the nature of many disorders and to open my heart to the emotions, opinions, and words of those living with such things.

Family and Friends helped me blow off steam and gather advice when my family and social life got difficult and I needed people to listen to me and offer their insight.

Artroom helped give me the opportunity and courage to put myself out there as an artist and open myself up to constructive criticism.

Puberty 101 and Sexuality and Gender gave me insights into questions I had regarding sexuality and orientation. It also helped me to appreciate the sexual side of humanity. Instead of seeing it as something taboo worthy of shame and concealment, this place showed me that sex and sexuality could be beautiful and that it was important to be able to discuss and express such things free of stigma.

And some places like 4th Wall and VT Arcade were just plain fun.

Maybe, at the end of the day, my time on this site has been just a small blip in my life, but that blip was a powerful experience and I doubt I would be who I am today had I not had this place in my life.

I wish nothing but the best to all of you on here; the curious, the confused, the anxious, the angry, the depressed, the tired, the lonely, the outsiders, the questioners, the fighters, the thinkers, the innovators, the artists, the experimenters and scientists, and any whom I have forgotten to mention.

It's a long and difficult road, but you'll make it, and if you've found this site, it means you've got some of the best people at your back to help you along the way. They had my back, they've been at the backs of many others before me, and they'll be at your back as well.

Peace and love.

I guess I count as one of the old folks of this place now...
LuciferSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2017, 12:17 PM   #2
ska8er
VT Lover

ska8er's Forum Picture

Name: Andy
Default Re: What This Place Taught Me

I totally agree.
ska8er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2017, 06:57 PM   #3
Tom55

Tom55's Forum Picture

So sweet

Tom55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2017, 07:08 PM   #4
Just JT
sure, ask, dare you

Just JT's Forum Picture

Name: JT

That's so cool to hear from someone most current regular posters don't know. And get there input on stuff like this.

I wonder sometimes in my future if I'd do the same thing. I wonder where I'd be if I Haden's got involved in VT.

It's made a huge difference imo in my life, and I hope we all can do the sam for further gens.

Glad it worked out for you man, don't be a stranger. Nothing saying you can't still be here.
Just JT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2017, 07:47 PM   #5
jamie_n5
VT Lover

jamie_n5's Forum Picture

Name: Jamie

Very nice tribute in deed. I have been on here just over a year and I have so enjoyed the time friendships and meeting people from all over the world.

I am gay and happy with that.
I love talking to people very open & willing to listen.
I am also glad to try help with questions or problems.
Hit me up for anything. I promise I don't bite.
jamie_n5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:18 PM   #6
SeansLittleBro
Member++

SeansLittleBro's Forum Picture

Name: Matt

I guess I'm bumping and for that I apologize but I just had to add something here about Lucifer and what he has written here. I have been on here a bit over a year and a half I guess, but my older brother was on here about the time that Lucifer joined and I watched him change because of VT. There are some super people I have met here, some I've talked to others I haven't but that doesn't mean I haven't benefited
from what they have posted.

Of the 4 posters above, I have seen much input that I have taken and been made a bit better for.... Ska8er...JT...and Jamie...thank you for being there for many of us... much of what you have said has been SOOOOOOOOO positive and so to the point. There are many more but as I viewed this thread and read what Lucifer has said to us and then seeing 3 of the members of VT that I admire --- and I do guys --- I had to take this chance to write to it....May you continue to be an inspiration to VT.

I am a twin, 17 -- gay and proud. Would love to talk to all you guys in here. Very open to discuss things and like to talk to new friends.
SeansLittleBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:30 PM   #7
Just JT
sure, ask, dare you

Just JT's Forum Picture

Name: JT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeansLittleBro View Post
I guess I'm bumping and for that I apologize but I just had to add something here about Lucifer and what he has written here. I have been on here a bit over a year and a half I guess, but my older brother was on here about the time that Lucifer joined and I watched him change because of VT. There are some super people I have met here, some I've talked to others I haven't but that doesn't mean I haven't benefited
from what they have posted.

Of the 4 posters above, I have seen much input that I have taken and been made a bit better for.... Ska8er...JT...and Jamie...thank you for being there for many of us... much of what you have said has been SOOOOOOOOO positive and so to the point. There are many more but as I viewed this thread and read what Lucifer has said to us and then seeing 3 of the members of VT that I admire --- and I do guys --- I had to take this chance to write to it....May you continue to be an inspiration to VT.
Thanks for the kind words bro.... Im sure the others feel the same....
Just JT is offline   Reply With Quote