Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old August 21st, 2017, 12:25 PM   #1
ambitious_eclipse

ambitious_eclipse's Forum Picture

Name: Ambition
Unhappy I weigh below 90 lbs and I'm 5'4"

My waist is 54 cm and I'm 164 cm tall. That's not healthy.

I'm trying to lose weight, but when I do, I don't feel accomplished at all. If anything, I feel worse.

I'm trying to get better for my boyfriend so our relationship can be healthy and not just focused around my anorexia.

But it's so hard to eat. I've tried daily snack lists, but I never keep up with them. I just want to cry.

I know I'll die if I continue down this path, and especially with cross country season starting my body will need tons more calories.

Any tips?
ambitious_eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2017, 12:54 PM   #2
devotionnel

devotionnel's Forum Picture

Name: shay
Default Re: I weigh below 90 lbs and I'm 5'4"

The first impulse might be to eat loads of sugar and sweets but they can still negatively affect your health, so I'd definitely go against doing that. You are trying to gain weight but the main thing is to still stay healthy in order for the cross countries. Try and eat (good) fats, carbs and proteins in as many meals as you can.

I'd think of the little things, like meal replacements. They are usually high calorie items in small amounts. You can buy loads of milkshake powders or bars that act as a meal replacement so it doesn't feel like you're consuming much while still getting the required calories. Also most of these brands help you increase muscle with their high protein content which will be good for you if you want to build up some muscle mass too.

The main thing is that in order to gain weight you will need to consume more calories than you burn, and by creating this calorie surplus you should be gaining weight. Use this calorie calculator to see how much you'd need in order to maintain, lose or gain weight.

It's also best to eat at least 3 times a day and none less. You can use the meal replacements obviously if you find that too much of a struggle but as long as you aren't skipping meals. If you just eat one large meal a day it's gonna be harder for your body to take it in and the nutrients won't be absorbed properly. You'll just end up with bad indigestion.

Another good thing to keep in mind is that you should try and eat foods that are really energy-dense, basically a lot of energy (and calories) in a small amount. Things like whole grains, nuts, high fat dairy and oils are best for this. Try and eat more of them and have more meals on the days where you train for cross country.

Also be sure you're getting enough sleep too. I'd recommend about 8 hours a day if you aren't doing this already. This is because the body needs a time to heal muscles and aid growth and by sleeping longer you are looking after your body better which will be perfect for the cross countries.

I wrote a fair bit, but I hope this helps you.

i feel your warmth / it feels like home
devotionnel ~ help and advice moderator
PM melast.fmVM me
21.12.16 <3

~Endeavour was here~
*Mars was here*

Last edited by devotionnel; August 31st, 2017 at 12:13 PM.
devotionnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2017, 01:12 PM   #3
BlackParadePixie
Awesome Poster

BlackParadePixie's Forum Picture

Name: Fiona

Consult a physician, and a nutritionist.

17 - f - Wes Anderson fan

BlackParadePixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2017, 03:07 PM   #4
jamie_n5
VT Lover

jamie_n5's Forum Picture

Name: Jamie

I think what @devotionnel has told you is good advice. I also feel that you definitely can't do this on your own. I think you need professional help before you have major health problems from your eating disorder. Please get help now. God be with you.

I am gay and happy with that.
I love talking to people very open & willing to listen.
I am also glad to try help with questions or problems.
Hit me up for anything. I promise I don't bite.
jamie_n5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2017, 07:55 PM   #5
CuteGuy889
Nice Poster

Name: vicky

IMO extreme dieting always backfires....I too was skinny and tiny when I was 14 or so....When I filled out a bit I got super worried and tried extreme dieting.....I could hold it only for 6 months....I gave up all and put weight on rapidly afterwards....So fast that I got strech marks on my thighs, butt and belly...I put on 25 pounds in one year...
Now I am pretty chubby...after a lifetime of being skinny....
I think I wouldn't have ended up chubby if I had not gone to extreme dieting earlier.....Anyhow now I am happy with my chubby body...
CuteGuy889 is offline   Reply With Quote