romes3

Name: Roma
Default Re: Bullying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchfulness View Post
People let themselves be bullied.
It is not the bully's fault.
Really?!

People don't ask to be bullied. As someone who was bullied, I can tell you that it sucks, and it wasn't my fault. I'm someone who sticks up for my self and others, but I still got bullied. So no, it is the bully's fault because they choose to be cruel jerks.
romes3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2014, 04:42 AM   #62
xxxander
Banned

Name: Alexander

If there's no bullies there will be no bullied,
xxxander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2014, 04:14 AM   #63
geraldgreen12
Banned

Bullying is one of the major problems US is facing today.
geraldgreen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2014, 03:31 AM   #64
NathansPen

Name: Jonathan

If there's no bully's there were no people will bullie
NathansPen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2015, 12:23 AM   #65
Tifany

Name: Tifany

Really a wonderful post, I got bullied when I was about 11 and even I told the parents, this continued for many months. It was the worst period of my life and I can still feel the scars on my soul. I have to change the school to avoid bullying.
Tifany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2015, 01:44 PM   #66
imtoofab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchfulness View Post
People let themselves be bullied.
It is not the bully's fault.
I think it's not their fault, because they didn't ask for it... They didn't say to them like "hey could you bully me please?" "I really like the way you're bullying me..." ....

The US... yes but also in Belgium

Last edited by Living For Love; June 7th, 2015 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Merging. Please use "Edit" button next time. ~Tiago.
imtoofab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2015, 08:16 AM   #67
the darkness
Member++

the darkness's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by imtoofab View Post
The US... yes but also in Belgium
The UK.......

I'm happy for anyone to PM me about anything, you'll get a reply

17, M, UK - relatively hairy and relatively happy
the darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2015, 03:48 PM   #68
stism

I had this problem until I was 15 Then one day I just got mad and hit the guy in the balls just as hard as I could. He curled up on the ground, then never bothered me again Neither did anyone else.
stism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2015, 08:37 PM   #69
Jaffe
Great Poster

Jaffe's Forum Picture

Name: Jaffe

I've read this thread a few times, been about to respond a few times, didn't do it. But here goes, this time.

I was bullied most of my life, but not near as much as a lot of other kids. It was worst when I was little. When we moved from Buenos Aires back to New York City, it got wayyyyy worse. Then in Spain, it was kinda bad, esp at first. When we moved to LA a few years ago, I was just the weird kid in school, but not really bullied too much (some, but minor things).

I think it's better now because:
1. I grew up, I'm not the littlest kid anymore
2. I decided that I'm not afraid to hit back if its absolutely necessary, although I am really a totally non-violent person
3. In school here, there is a much larger potential-victim pool, lowering the chance they will pick me out of 2000 other possible victims.
4. Physically, I don't stick out too much here. Lots of little skinny white-blonde kids around. And the rest bleach their hair to try to be blonde, making it almost "cool" to be naturally blonde.
5. One of the two dominant school populations, Hispanics, are really pretty gentle and nice. Not really the bullying type. Except in the movies.
6. THIS MOST OF ALL, I learned over the years how to hide. I don't try to fit into any groups or cliques, not cool kids, not losers, not goth, not punk, not emo. I'm NOTHING. So nobody notices me. Which is why I have few friends, and spend a lot of time at home. Luckily, I like my family, and have learned to more the last few years.

Probably the worst bullying I have got here is because my best friend is Muslim and obviously Middle Eastern. He gets hated on a lot, and we stick up for each other and so I've got some of the backlash of that. Totally worth it.

Only recently did I start to talk about this stuff to my parents. To my therapist earlier, but that's different. A therapist doesnt run off to school and talk to the teacher or principal. Parents do. And I don't think that parent intervention is the answer. Generally, victims get punished for intervention, and bullies do not. There has to be a different way.

This shit happens, it sucks, and society has not figured out how to fix it. Because society created the issue to start with. The school can't fix it by punishment or any other way. Parents make bullies of their kids, so the solution has to happen, in families, in parent-child relationships, before the bully ever goes to school.
Jaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2015, 11:13 PM   #70
Hey you
Junior Member+

Hey you's Forum Picture

I really hope it gets better for you guys or has gotten better for you guys.
Hey you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2015, 03:40 AM   #71
Ligita
Banned

Name: Ligita

Hate bullys. Think they can do everything. Sometimes I want just kick they're ass
Ligita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2015, 05:24 AM   #72
Quartz

Quartz's Forum Picture

Name: Dane

I've been bullied before. Although it isn't as bad now, it certainly wasn't pleasant.

I firmly believe that bullies are the result of negative forces around them and within them. They use bullying and harassment as an outlet for all the negative energy and a means of dispelling all that anger in search for satisfaction.

Sometimes, the victim may have done something to elicit bullying. It's not that it's entirely the victim's fault; it's just that bullies find stuff to feed on. If you make yourself easy prey, that makes it all the more easy for mischievous bullies to feed on your sorrows. There might be something you should change.

However, I do think that bullies still have the fault in this. You may think that some people are just begging to be hurt, but that should never justify any wrong actions towards that person. Nothing can ever justify harassment of any kind. You definitely don't want to be the bully.

If you're bullied, don't feel hopeless. There are plenty of things you can do to fix whatever problem you may have - you just have to find it. One good way is to seek help. Remember, if there are mean people, there are also nice people.

If you've been bullied or still are being bullied, I really do hope you'll be able to find a way to solve your problems. ()
Quartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2015, 11:26 AM   #73
Cadanance00
Awesome Poster

Cadanance00's Forum Picture

Name: Kayden

I think we have to be careful not to blame the victim. Bullies know what they are doing and they enjoy it. There's no excuse.
Cadanance00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2015, 11:20 PM   #74
angelina
Member++

angelina's Forum Picture

not happened so far...but better if we girls should be very careful about this bullying either on line or telephonic
angelina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2016, 07:03 PM   #75
Godsdaughter
Junior Member+

Thank you for posting this! It was super insightful!
Godsdaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2017, 01:21 AM   #76
marinoman13

Bullying for stuttering sucks.
marinoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2017, 11:51 AM   #77
MDaniel
Banned

Name: Mark

Tell them to bug off and go lick a wall socket. lol
MDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2017, 08:10 AM   #78
Aldee

Name: Alex

Bullying is tough and its best to tell someone when you feel comfortable enough to do so. It could be an adult, sibling or even someone online.
Aldee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2017, 06:31 PM   #79
Nadin

Nadin's Forum Picture

Name: Nadin

I was bullied in the middle school,it wasn't classic bullying though.It caused very much trouble to my life in view that I was depressed for two years and much more.
It all started in 7th grade when I changed schools for the greater good,or so I taught I did.First few weeks were ok until few bullies started calling me fat,stupid etc...
All that was normal,at least in my opinion.
After a moth or so serious problem started happening.One of these more serious acts of bullying was when two boys locked me in men's toilet for the whole day.I had no phone with me and nobody cared and other students taught it was funny.I got over that right after it happened thinking they wanted to show who's the boss or something like that.I reported it to the class teacher and he laughed which was very cruel from him,my mom reported what happened to principle and he solved it by sending these boys to detention.After that they were even more mad at me and they started punching me every single day into my stomach because they knew I had medical problems with liver.I started getting depressed.As I live alone with my mother I could hide some of my bruises.I wasn't telling that much what was happening since she couldn't really help.From that point it got worse and worse,besides half of the male part of the class punching me,now even females started insulting me.I started eating more than usual and I gained 15kg/33lbs.After all that when I did full body examination I discovered that I have medical condition called ''insulinemia'' or in other words some kind of diabetes type one which is curable.I was completely destroyed when I found out that on top of all things.I remember right after I discovered about my condition I got beaten up by a guy from my class because I snooze loudly(what a great reason,right?).I was already one year in that school and principle took no action,he didn't care at all.My mom was practically talking with principle every day or so and he was always telling he will do something.When we figured out that principle won't do anything my mom called police,but guess what?
They laughed.She was pretty shocked when they told her they don't want to waste there time on ''child's game''.
The following year was even worse than the previous one,when I finished 7th grade I taught by transferring to other class I would resolve the problem but I did not.How stupid of me and my mom was that,I ask my self?
Everything continued but now with wooden bats and battons,one day one kid punched me so hard that he broke half of my tooth(I had to get new ceramic tooth but not an implant).Some other unpleasant moments were when someone messaged high school guys that I wanna fight with them,that was a fun day.
I do not want to go any deaper than this but I will just say that one kid took his life by jumping from 8th floor after being bullied(more than bullied) in this school for two years or so.I personally knew the kid and he was a great guy.
After I finally finished 8th grade and I transferred to another school for one year until I start high school(I will start this summer 2nd grade of high school).The ''horror'' finally ended and I'm more than OK now,I've lost 20kg/44lbs and I feel great.After passing through so much and there are many stuff I forgot after having amnesia for very short time(I forgot the right terminology but it was described as amnesia that comes and goes in short period of time) and there is a lot I haven't wrote here.I have my tempo now which consists or running every day and eating healthy food.I still have insulinemia but I expect it to disappear completely in a year or so.One thing that makes my day brighter is violin,I highly prefer to anyone who is depressed to start paying an instrument of some kind.
I still have troubles socializing and finding friends,I have no friends to be honest.I haven't had any for almost five years but I hope to meet some in near future,a real friend hopefully that will be there always as well as I will be there for him/her.
Does anyone know a good way to socialize?
Sorry for any spelling mistakes,it's late out here where I live and I'm extremely tired.

Last edited by Nadin; June 19th, 2017 at 06:43 PM. Reason: Unfinished sentence.
Nadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2017, 07:55 AM   #80
Diana2002

Diana2002's Forum Picture

Name: Diana

Bullying is way wrong especially if you do it to people who are more sensitive
Diana2002 is offline   Reply With Quote