Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old August 8th, 2017, 03:11 PM   #1
twinbros04
Junior Member+

Name: Cole
Default Moderators

I think that it is rediculous that I can get banned for saying stuff like reminding people of the rules. I think that saying "does this follow the rules" is soemthing that you guys would ban me for. I am so pissed because of these stupid rules you put in place, so go ahead and ban for something rediculous, i dont care
twinbros04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2017, 03:15 PM   #2
Endeavour
Global Moderator

Endeavour's Forum Picture

Default Re: Moderators

You would never get banned for backseat moderating, it's just that we prefer that you report it because firstly it means we can take action more quickly, and second backseat moderating can lead to arguments and disputes between different members which we really don't want happening.

Global Moderator
live a life you will remember

Feel free to contact me: PM [email protected]
Visit: Path to the Horizon Ask Me Anything
Endeavour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2017, 08:54 PM   #3
SethfromMI
Legendary Member

SethfromMI's Forum Picture

Name: Seth

The VT staff is extremely fair to people. they so many times will give you a friendly, unofficial warning when ever they can. the people who get banned have to do something incredibly bad or they continue doing the wrong thing after having been warned.

19 | M | BI

Always Up For A Chat!

~ Seth
SethfromMI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2017, 09:20 PM   #4
PlasmaHam
Awesome Poster

PlasmaHam's Forum Picture

Bans are uncommon occurrences here on VT. As long as you don't come here intentionally spamming, you are in almost no fear of a ban.

While I am critical of some of the arguable authoritarian-like rules and their implementation (or lack of, in the case of P101), they don't exist just to spite people. There are reasons why each and every rule exists. In the case of backseat moderating, it is to prevent flame wars and conflicts. I will admit that this rule is enacted too strictly in most cases, but simply coming here and claiming that the rules are "stupid" and the mods are ban-happy is not helping your cause. If you want change, then you have to do more than rant angrily. Remember, this is coming from a person who agrees mainly with you that the rules are over-reaching, so you can't say I'm taking the mods' side here.
PlasmaHam is offline   Reply With Quote