Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old July 1st, 2017, 12:34 AM   #1
WhoWhatWhen

WhoWhatWhen's Forum Picture

Question Anxiety problem

I have always been a nervous person, but lately it has been effecting me more and I think it might be anxiety.

Whenever I go anywhere in public I have this feeling in my chest like I'm going to have a panic attack. When I am in a store I don't like to talk because I feel like people are listening and judging me. In school I can't get up without feeling like everyone is staring at me or talking about me behind my back. I hate talking to new people because I get nervous and have that panic feeling.

Am I overreacting to a feeling everyone gets? Should I ask my parents to take me to the doctor? I'm afraid that if I do ask to go to the doctor that my mom will say I'm overreacting or just brush it off. About two years ago I told my mom I was depressed and she brushed it off (looking back I was ACTUALLY depressed). I don't know what to do.

Be young. Be dope. Be proud.
WhoWhatWhen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2017, 01:06 AM   #2
Just JT
sure, ask, dare you

Just JT's Forum Picture

Name: JT
Default Re: Anxiety problem

Without sounding rude I think you already know what to do. Things like low self esteem run with depression. There good Friends and hard to get past. Especially alone and if your not getting the support you need. Talking to a professional is the first step.
Just JT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2017, 01:33 AM   #3
WhoWhatWhen

WhoWhatWhen's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just JT View Post
Without sounding rude I think you already know what to do. Things like low self esteem run with depression. There good Friends and hard to get past. Especially alone and if your not getting the support you need. Talking to a professional is the first step.
Thank you for the advice. Sometimes I'm not sure if I'm being logical so I have to ask. Your advice helps

Be young. Be dope. Be proud.
WhoWhatWhen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2017, 01:42 AM   #4
Just JT
sure, ask, dare you

Just JT's Forum Picture

Name: JT

Your being very logical. Just follow your instincts and don't let others get in that way. You'll end up much happier
Just JT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2017, 09:57 AM   #5
ChillaxBoy17
Junior Member+

ChillaxBoy17's Forum Picture

I get really bad anxiety all the time, and sometimes it takes over my whole life, but then eventually I just get myself through it. I know what its like, try not to let it rule you.
ChillaxBoy17 is offline   Reply With Quote