Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old January 5th, 2017, 10:18 PM   #21
brandon9
Member+

brandon9's Forum Picture

Name: Brandon
Default Re: How open are you about your disorders-mental illnesses??

I keep everything a secret, even from my parents and sister - I've only let something slip a handful of times when I'm really fucked up. There are only 3 people in my life I've ever told I have depression, anxiety, severe self-esteem and trust issues, and problems opening up and displaying emotions. Only one of them has been totally understanding and supportive, and it's because he's 30 and was exactly like me as a kid. He's like a big brother to me. He also happens to be my manager at work, we just became very very close over the last year and a half I've been under him. He gets everything I feel.

I feel secretive for many reasons about it. I don't like opening up in general because it only leads to me getting fucked over, but I'm also kind of ashamed of it all, like I feel like I should be more than I am, like I should be better. And people don't give a shit about me anyhow, I've been mistreated by "peers" my whole life, so I don't want to give anyone leverage against me. I've become a master of hiding my true emotions and putting up a front of being okay. It's the only way for me to get by.
brandon9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2017, 01:40 AM   #22
Dalcourt

Dalcourt's Forum Picture

Name: Peanut

Quote:
Originally Posted by auser_name View Post
Would depression and paranoia count as a mental illness?
yeah sure
Dalcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2017, 12:48 PM   #23
auser_name
Member+

Well then I'm not open at all. I bury it all. I let my ex know but thats because he was my boyfriend at the time.
auser_name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2017, 05:46 PM   #24
City Kid
Awesome Poster

City Kid's Forum Picture

Name: Sophie

I don't tell everyone I meet, but once I like someone and am starting to become friends with them I always tell them. It's just easier not to have to constantly find excuses when I'm going to therapy, for example.

City Kid
MAD(D) | in recovery since February 2014

[email protected]

Help & Advice moderator

ヽ(ᴗ‿ᴗ)ノ
City Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2017, 11:29 PM   #25
Matryoshkasystem

Name: Thane

Mixed, if I feel safe about it, i will, though not waving a flag about it either. Also our multiplicity ISN'T DISOCIATIVE IDENTITY DISORDER. We keep that hidden for a completley seprate reason-society still is a horrible place to be open as a system-.

Hello we are a system-more than one person inhabiting a body-, and glad to be able to be a part of here,if you have anything you wish to talk about we are willing to talk. We can also give you more info on systems if requested.
Matryoshkasystem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2017, 08:25 AM   #26
parhelion

parhelion's Forum Picture

Name: Tyler

My schizoaffective and BPD aren't something I go telling people about, but it's not like I'm hiding it either. I just never felt like it was something important about me.

However, I do tell people that I spend a lot of time around (not many people), so that way if I go into a dissociative state or something, they'll know what to do.

please think of me
parhelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2017, 03:24 AM   #27
JacoboBlandonPineda

JacoboBlandonPineda's Forum Picture

Name: Jacobo
Default I'm very reserved to my mental health

I try to keep my mental state to myself, and only disclose when it seems to be absolutely necessary.

There's been only a person in my life to whom I've told my conditions to, and have vented with. Luckily enough, that person was really supportive and never stopped treating me well, and she also has her fair share of conditions as well.

She, and another friend from school, are literally the only ones outside of my family circle that know I'm autistic, but they never changed their behavior after telling them.

I'll see you, in the not-too-distant future.
JacoboBlandonPineda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2017, 01:21 PM   #28
Yugen
Member++

Yugen's Forum Picture

Name: Yugen

I'm very open about it, but I'm not the type that posts about it all of the time on social media or anything. I don't mind answering questions, I'd rather fight stigma that way.

Yugen is offline   Reply With Quote