Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old June 7th, 2017, 09:59 PM   #1
Kooy

Kooy's Forum Picture

Default Not worth trying

I have a consept that could be a book. The problem is though i can plan the story and build the world with characters and conflict and and things. Getting it from my head a written form is... Difficult for me. I suck at phasing and wording things. My spelling and grammar is horrible. I laps alot. the times ive tryed anything ive not put enough detail or I've put to much. I feel its hopless for my idea to get anywhere, and I should deam it a lost cause. I don't think many people would care about it all that much anyway. Id give the consept but its s bit silly, some may use the word stupid. Idk what to do. It feels wry to abandon something i worked so hard on to get the world. I have rewritten the start so many times I don't think I'll ever be happy with it.

Fallow the raven to find the wolf
Kooy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2017, 10:04 PM   #2
SethfromMI
Legendary Member

SethfromMI's Forum Picture

Name: Seth
Default Re: Not worth trying

JK Rowling's first book was not Harry Potter. she tried many times to get different books/stories published until she ended up with that one. if it is a story you really enjoy, then write it. even if it only ends up being for you, still write it. down the road, you can have people who can look it over and help edit the book/story and help guide you in areas where they can see maybe you need some work. like i said though, even if it ends up being only for you, it is still worth writing if it is something you want to do.

19 | M | BI

Always Up For A Chat!

~ Seth
SethfromMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2017, 10:08 PM   #3
Kooy

Kooy's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethfromMI View Post
JK Rowling's first book was not Harry Potter. she tried many times to get different books/stories published until she ended up with that one. if it is a story you really enjoy, then write it. even if it only ends up being for you, still write it. down the road, you can have people who can look it over and help edit the book/story and help guide you in areas where they can see maybe you need some work. like i said though, even if it ends up being only for you, it is still worth writing if it is something you want to do.
I guess, I don't know if I have anyone to help me on it though.

Old June 7th, 2017, 10:11 PM   #4
SethfromMI
Legendary Member

SethfromMI's Forum Picture

Name: Seth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooy View Post
I guess, I don't know if I have anyone to help me on it though.
got a friend who can read it? an English teacher at school might be willing to help you out. if your in college, they often have writing services. your local library may or may not have a service like that, maybe they can help put you in touch with such a service.

19 | M | BI

Always Up For A Chat!

~ Seth
SethfromMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2017, 10:20 PM   #5
Amethyst Rose
The Fragile

Amethyst Rose's Forum Picture

Honestly, it will never reach the standard you want it to. Writing is like that. We're our own worst critic, and this can be a constructive and/or destructive thing. If you're lacking spelling/vocabulary skills, I suggest reading more. Don't put pressure on yourself to "sound" a certain way when you write either; authors each have their own unique voice. Read the works of authors in many different writing styles so you can draw from them and find what works best for you. I hope you can take your idea somewhere!

"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world."
PM Me Ask Me [email protected]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desynchronized View Post
Gawd dammit the mods r so cruel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Special One View Post
I just food and I still have a hungry.
Amethyst Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2017, 12:44 AM   #6
Kooy

Kooy's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethfromMI View Post
got a friend who can read it? an English teacher at school might be willing to help you out. if your in college, they often have writing services. your local library may or may not have a service like that, maybe they can help put you in touch with such a service.
I guess I can get my friend to look at some of my attempts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amethyst Rose View Post
Honestly, it will never reach the standard you want it to. Writing is like that. We're our own worst critic, and this can be a constructive and/or destructive thing. If you're lacking spelling/vocabulary skills, I suggest reading more. Don't put pressure on yourself to "sound" a certain way when you write either; authors each have their own unique voice. Read the works of authors in many different writing styles so you can draw from them and find what works best for you. I hope you can take your idea somewhere!
Thank you. And I guess so.

Old June 15th, 2017, 03:07 AM   #7
Seraph

Seraph's Forum Picture

Name: Seraph

I had the same problem while writing my first books. I had an intriguing plot but I was not very good at writing descriptively. Here are a few tips for you:

1. Read many books: The best writers were the ones who were the best readers. Reading will improve your vocabulary and you will learn how to catch the reader's attention. Before I start writing, I avidly read Tolkien and Lovecraft.

2. Just Write: It doesn't matter if you are bad at it, don't let others judge you . . . just keep writing. Use MS Word and Grammarly to check your mistakes and learn from them. Over time, your writing will improve and you will get better in it.

3. Imbue your feelings within your words: Remember: if you get bored while writing, your readers will be bored too. Write with interest, insert your opinions, write how you feel, place yourself in the character's shoes and write.

4. Never Give Up: It takes time and patience to become a writer, it took Tolkien 12 years to write The Lord of the Rings. Slowly you will get better and when you will, you will write excellently.

UTLIEN AUR! AUTA I LM!

Out of the Great Sea I have come to you now at the turn of the tide,
and here I will abide until the end of days.

bisexual | jack of all trades | spirit of fire
Seraph is offline   Reply With Quote