Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Notices

Closed Thread

Old May 31st, 2015, 01:14 AM   #1
wlage

Default More fun off meds

Hey guys I take Straterra for my ADHD
Every once and a while when I forget to take my meds, I feel like I have more fun with life and I become more adventurous, daring,and altogether fun to be around.
Anyone else feel this way?
Old June 7th, 2015, 05:33 PM   #2
Microcosm
Awesome Poster

Microcosm's Forum Picture

Name: Dan
Default Re: More fun off meds

@wlage,

I take meds for different reasons, so I couldn't give any opinion about that here.

But I'll tell you that going off meds can be bad for you. It can have serious side effects. I used to forget my meds all the time, and it would make me feel weird, like I couldn't control myself whatsoever.

Please try to be careful when doing that sort of thing.
Old June 30th, 2015, 01:44 PM   #3
Jaffe
Great Poster

Jaffe's Forum Picture

Name: Jaffe

Yuppppp.... you feel a lot different off meds. Feels good. But its not.

If you want to get off your meds, or want to feel like that, talk to your doctor. There are lots of meds out there, and they might try one that doesnt affect you quite so drastically. Or maybe a lower dose.

I took, a long time ago, ADHD meds that made me feel like I wasnt quite me, kinda like what you describe. The doctor said that it was just how it is. Then it turned into depression, a possible side effect of the drug. Went to a different doctor, got a whole different opinion and a different med. There's a lot more to that story, but the point is...... TALK TO YOUR DOCTOR. If you don't trust him/her, get a second opinion from a different doctor. Just stopping on your own can feel good for a while, but it almost always ends bad. And it really sounds like they just have you on the wrong med.
Old July 1st, 2015, 08:43 AM   #4
Rayquaza
Sky High Pokmon

This isn't the first time I've heard about ADHD medication acting as a supressor for your mental health. In fact, some of these meds are actualy anti-depressants that are usually administered for depression rather than ADHD. They all affect people differently, and seeing as the science behind meds is still unknown, I personally have always been in favour of therapy over medication. You doctor/psychotherapist does know you better however, so it is important to stick to your med regime even if you feel some sort of fun without them. Without your meds, your idea of living life more daring could be putting yourself or other people in danger.
Old July 1st, 2015, 09:14 AM   #5
Broken Toy
Nice Poster

Broken Toy's Forum Picture

Name: brandon

I probably have adhd. Like i havent been diagnosed but i have failed a lot of online tests, including getting friends to fill it in for me.

I just dont want to get properly diagnosed because i dont want to lose some of me if im taking meds so i totally get what youre saying. I think you should just tell your doctor you dont feel like you on them

'My dad used to say "fight fire with fire" which is probably why he got kicked out of the fire brigade' | 'my wife sent a photograph to the lonely hearts club, they sent it back saying they werent that lonely' - the wonderful les dawson, RIP | 'never trust a man wish short legs, his brains near his bottom' | 'infamy infamy, theyve all got it in for me' - the amazing kenneth williams RIP
Old June 1st, 2017, 04:53 PM   #6
jdhud024
Member+

jdhud024's Forum Picture

Name: JD

I don't like not being on my medicine.

When I go a day without taking my Adderall, I feel almost depressed. Like, I feel like a lonely, lazy, no energy slob. I know I'm not, but I still feel that way.

When I'm on it, I feel fine, not depressed at all, I can focus on anything and I'll actually do things instead of wanting to do nothing. But when I'm on it I have no emotions, or at least don't show any. I'll be in a good mood and look like I want to kill someone or myself. I'll be in a shitty mood and still look the same way.

When I'm not on it, I'm an asshole and piss people off easily, usually without trying/ realizing it, but I actually show more emotions.

When I'm on it, I'm easy to get along with, not an asshole (I actually think about what I say before speaking), but I show less emotions.

Whether I'm on it or not, I'm still a moody bitch internally, but I just don't appear to be one on the outside.

I can't win.

I'm used to it though, I just try to take my meds everyday if possible. I like being on it because I'll actually be productive with my life. I wasn't on it yesterday, and I felt like a lonely POS with no friends, even though I know I'm not. My depression is way harder to control when I'm not on my meds. Don't know why, but my meds function as both an ADHD med and an antidepressant.

I also talk more when on my medicine though, if you couldn't tell.

Typical gay 17 year old furfag with an unhealthy obsession for his truck

PM me anytime, I like meeting people.
Old June 1st, 2017, 05:15 PM   #7
Endeavour
Global Moderator

Endeavour's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhud024 View Post
I don't like not being on my medicine.

When I go a day without taking my Adderall, I feel almost depressed. Like, I feel like a lonely, lazy, no energy slob. I know I'm not, but I still feel that way.

When I'm on it, I feel fine, not depressed at all, I can focus on anything and I'll actually do things instead of wanting to do nothing. But when I'm on it I have no emotions, or at least don't show any. I'll be in a good mood and look like I want to kill someone or myself. I'll be in a shitty mood and still look the same way.

When I'm not on it, I'm an asshole and piss people off easily, usually without trying/ realizing it, but I actually show more emotions.

When I'm on it, I'm easy to get along with, not an asshole (I actually think about what I say before speaking), but I show less emotions.

Whether I'm on it or not, I'm still a moody bitch internally, but I just don't appear to be one on the outside.

I can't win.

I'm used to it though, I just try to take my meds everyday if possible. I like being on it because I'll actually be productive with my life. I wasn't on it yesterday, and I felt like a lonely POS with no friends, even though I know I'm not. My depression is way harder to control when I'm not on my meds. Don't know why, but my meds function as both an ADHD med and an antidepressant.

I also talk more when on my medicine though, if you couldn't tell.

Please don't post I threads with two or more months inactivity.

Global Moderator
live a life you will remember

Feel free to contact me: PM [email protected]
Visit: Path to the Horizon Ask Me Anything
Closed Thread