Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room [1]

Old April 30th, 2017, 07:31 PM   #1
georgiamay
Awesome Poster

georgiamay's Forum Picture

Name: Georgia
Default Guess who's back

It's been a while since I've posted on here, most of you probably have no idea who I am, but some of you oldies might remember me. I've popped my head in every now and then just to see how things are going over here, but this is the first time I've posted.

Things haven't exactly been great, and I feel like I'm hanging on by a thread. I'm not really sure where to start, so you'll have to be patient with me.

I've managed to develop an eating disorder (bulimia), and have been seeing a psychiatrist since the end of Feb. Recovery was pretty slow at first, even though I wanted to get better, I couldn't seem to actually make the changes I needed to make. I knew I needed to stop, but I realised that I didn't actually want to. It sounds ridiculous, but I didn't want to give it up. But then I started to make progress, and I was just starting to feel like I was moving in the right direction. I went a week without weighing myself, massively cut down on binging and purging, and was actually eating meals.

But then everything went to shit. 2 weeks ago, I think I was raped. I don't want to say that I was because my memory isn't great. I was incredibly drunk, but the memories that I do have feel aggressive and quite forceful, but I don't want say for certain, because I can't give these memories any context. But I woke up in A&E, and I'd lost all of my stuff. My bag was gone, and I'd lost everything, including my shoes and underwear. Literally all I had was the dress I was wearing. Obviously, I freaked out. That's not a normal way to wake up after a night out. At this point I couldn't remember anything, except that someone had had sex with me. Things came back to me over the next day or so, but not much.

Moving on from that, I went home for the weekend last week, and my parents noticed how much weight I'd lost. They straight up asked me if I had an eating disorder. I denied it at first, but they didn't believe me, and eventually I gave up and admitted it. I've been trying so hard to keep my parents at a nice distance, just giving them enough information about my life so that they think everything's going great, but now they're starting to realise that it's not. I feel like my secret's out, and nothing good can come of this. I know that they care about me and want to help me, but they can't. They live so far away, all they can do is worry, so there was no need for them to know. But now they do. My dad's been much better about it than I thought he would be, but my mum's starting to annoy me. She phoned me the other day and started crying down the phone, and made me promise that I wouldn't hurt myself again. Of course I'd rather that than have a mum that doesn't care, but I really just don't need the extra guilt.

Uni's also completely gone to shit. I've really fucked it up, and I don't think I'll be able to graduate this year. I need to organise a meeting to see what my options are, but I keep putting it off because I just don't want to deal with it.

And then last night, I went out and got really, really drunk again. It was a weird night. I wanted to sleep with someone. I know that sounds stupid, but I wanted to see if I could have sex after what happened, I wanted to see if it'd effected me in that way. My memory isn't the best from last night, but I remember getting with someone, and then I remember crying and just generally completely freaking out. I don't know if that's what caused it though, I can't remember when either of these things happened. But anyway, the guy was actually really nice and was looking after me, because I was a mess. And then I ended up jumping in the canal. I have no idea why, but I did, and he had to pull me out by my hand, and the walls are pretty high so it actually hurt quite a lot, and my hand and arm are really bruised now. He took me home, and then my housemate made me have a shower, because I was covered in muddy water and I was absolutely freezing.

It just feels like everything's kicking off at the same time, everything's exploded, the shit's hit the fan, and I don't know what to do. I don't know how to deal with any of this, and I feel like I'm about to hit breaking point.

I don't really know what I want to get out of making this post, I just remember that VT was so helpful to me when things were bad before, so I thought I'd give it a go again.
georgiamay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2017, 04:28 PM   #2
Deleted User
Legendary Member

Default Re: Guess who's back

Georgia <3 Kinda glad I popped by because maybe it might help to see a familiar face? I'm so sorry things have been shit. Like honestly, truly, that is shit and you don't deserve it.

First thing I want to say is regardless of what you call it, waking up in the A&E after a night out and having that feeling of "was this rape?" means it probably was. And I am so sorry that happened to you.

In general, I think the best thing you can do right now is just talk to someone. Anyone really. Make that meeting about uni. See if you can make an appointment with your doctor and just say... I don't know what to do, here's the situation. They can't make you do anything, you know that, but it might just help to have it out in the open so you know you have the option when you decide "I need to do something about this now".

Like I know this sounds like shit advice (it is shit advice) but the best way to get anything done is just to do it. Like I said, shit advice. But I've been in and out of hospital a lot lately and kinda fell into the same pit recently and that is the only thing keeping me going. I just have to do some of this stuff whether I want to or not and that's that. I mean, it's not much to go on but it's better than nothing, if you get what I mean?

I'm sorry if this isn't much help. But you know how to contact me either here or on Facebook, yeah? <3 I'm always around if you need someone.
Deleted User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2017, 10:23 AM   #3
Fiction
Ex Psych Mod

Fiction's Forum Picture

Name: Kathy

Just remember you can always call me like you did last night, I don't care if it's 4am just call me xx

Hope you're feeling a bit better today. Message me will you? Been worrying about you today x

You brought hate, pills and knives,
And this is how the tale begins.
Its your life, exist and wonder why.
When it only fails to work,
It only fails to work sometimes
Fiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2017, 01:47 PM   #4
zzzzzzzzzz
Great Poster

zzzzzzzzzz's Forum Picture

Oh dear that really does sound rough. It might sound daft, but it'd good that you have it out. Of course your parents will worry about you, you are their daughter and on your side, and if nothing else out of this the two people out there that will love you no matter not. You say your dad has been helpful. Good. You say your mum will cry for you - cry with her. And you have a good housemate too. I can't imagine what you went through a couple of weeks ago. Being drunk in not an excuse for these gits out there that rape, they are just taking advantage. If you are still in contact with your therapist, get referred. Keep your loved ones with you. In terms of Uni take that meeting. If it means putting the course of until next year, go for it, you for once may just need to take time just to think of yourself. I wish you all the best
zzzzzzzzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2017, 02:37 PM   #5
DoupDoup

i think sorrygottago is right, u have a pretty good relatives , so enjoy it . I think u shouldn't drink because its a just a way to hide your problems as ur bulimia. Its a psychological fact . enjoy ur luck and be aware to don't hang out with the bad people. Please dude do it for you and for ur mother . There is a lot of people who wants to take advantnge of ur weakness , more than u think. Hope u will be fine .

i'm not english , so be tolerant and tell me if my english is too bad
DoupDoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2017, 04:33 PM   #6
Jamiec1130

Jamiec1130's Forum Picture

Name: Jamie

Wow, what a story. I've been through times like that in my life, but not that bad. Keep your head up and don't look back. If someone is bothering you, ignore them. That really helped me when dealing with all the people who had hate to give to me when I came out, but it's general enough that it can be applied to other scenarios. Good luck with everything!

Quote:
I'm sorry that I let you down.
Quote:
I wish that I could say I'm proud.
Jamiec1130 is offline   Reply With Quote