Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old April 25th, 2017, 10:17 AM   #1
lillikirk

Default Am I fat?

Hi.

So, I've had this problem for a while- more like my entire life. I'll be honest, I'm not comfortable with sending this out for the internet but somehow I find I legitimately don't have any other choice at this point.

I'm 167cm, maybe 168cm tall, and 62 or 60kgs in weight. I've been trying (and failing) to lose weight for quite some time now. I'm going to be honest, I've tried throwing up but I never quite had the courage to, and I spit my food out if its something dumb like chips or a biscuit. I exercise as much as my schedule allows, and I've cried in public once because I was told by my parents that I 'couldn't go swimming' after I'd eaten too much for myself.

Random people that happen to be friends with my mother tell her that i've lost 'so much weight' and that i'm 'so skinny'. Some have the guts to scold her for not feeding me. I guess I have lost a little since last year, but it just doesn't show up on the scales- or the mirror. In comparison, I'm bigger than my friends by far. As a 14 year old, its sort of crushing when you wake up and go to school everyday and see people thinner than you- prettier than you.

My family suspect Anorexia Nervosa, but I suspect the problem is just an overweight teen trying to be less. So, tell me, am I or am I not overweight for my age and am I not considered fat? With all i've said, am I anorexic? I know its not much to work on, but its all I can give right now.
lillikirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2017, 10:42 AM   #2
ClarkKent

ClarkKent's Forum Picture

Default Re: Am I fat?

For your height and age 60kg is a perfectly normal weight, seemingly healthy and as i see it not fat at all!

Love yourself! <3

Last edited by ClarkKent; April 25th, 2017 at 04:29 PM.
ClarkKent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2017, 03:27 PM   #3
eric2001
Nice Poster

eric2001's Forum Picture

Name: Eric

You're fine just as you are.

PHAT ANIMAL KINGDOM
eric2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2017, 04:08 PM   #4
Trivium

Trivium's Forum Picture

Name: Ryan

It's difficult for one to see physical changes in ourselves. We look at ourself in the mirror everyday. The changes happen so gradually that it's hard to recognize it ourself. Others who may not see you as regularly will be the ones to notice the change quickly.
Trivium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2017, 07:21 PM   #5
BlackParadePixie
Awesome Poster

BlackParadePixie's Forum Picture

Name: Fiona

If your height and weight really are correct in your post...then no, you're not fat at all.

17 - f - Wes Anderson fan

BlackParadePixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2017, 09:12 AM   #6
GCCavies
Banned

Name: Mark

I think nowadays everyone thinks they are! LOL
GCCavies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2017, 09:30 AM   #7
Shiny Moon
Member++

Shiny Moon's Forum Picture

Name: Savannah

I think you're fine, your BMI is around 22 which is considered "normal". And if people say you've lost weight, then you probably have done it. Just keep up

Looking to the sky to save me

16. Bi.
Shiny Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2017, 10:14 AM   #8
jerrion

jerrion's Forum Picture

Name: Jerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillikirk View Post
Hi.

So, I've had this problem for a while- more like my entire life. I'll be honest, I'm not comfortable with sending this out for the internet but somehow I find I legitimately don't have any other choice at this point.

I'm 167cm, maybe 168cm tall, and 62 or 60kgs in weight. I've been trying (and failing) to lose weight for quite some time now. I'm going to be honest, I've tried throwing up but I never quite had the courage to, and I spit my food out if its something dumb like chips or a biscuit. I exercise as much as my schedule allows, and I've cried in public once because I was told by my parents that I 'couldn't go swimming' after I'd eaten too much for myself.

Random people that happen to be friends with my mother tell her that i've lost 'so much weight' and that i'm 'so skinny'. Some have the guts to scold her for not feeding me. I guess I have lost a little since last year, but it just doesn't show up on the scales- or the mirror. In comparison, I'm bigger than my friends by far. As a 14 year old, its sort of crushing when you wake up and go to school everyday and see people thinner than you- prettier than you.

My family suspect Anorexia Nervosa, but I suspect the problem is just an overweight teen trying to be less. So, tell me, am I or am I not overweight for my age and am I not considered fat? With all i've said, am I anorexic? I know its not much to work on, but its all I can give right now.
i have had a weight issue before , you u can just cut down oily and salty food , try to eat only olive oil and no butter , also try to cut down meat as much as eating it 2 times a week and eat more vegetables and fish . Lastly you should try to cut down all wheat products and for breakfast have only fruits
jerrion is offline   Reply With Quote