Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old January 17th, 2017, 01:33 AM   #1
Ineedyou

Ineedyou's Forum Picture

Name: Ky
Default Depression.

I'm depressed. I really don't know the one cause of my depression, I think it's a combination of many problems in my life. I have really bad social anxiety, it's made me a pretty shy person. I have a hard time making friends and the friends I do make I have a hard time connecting with. I think I can't connect with people because I'm hiding the fact that I'm gay from everyone. No one in my life knows that I'm gay and I'm not ready to come out. The past 3 years all this pressure from friends, family, and school has been making me want to just shut down on life. I'm really good at hiding my emotions around others, I even won mock elections at my school for greatest smile, but I don't know the last time I was actually happy. I don't feel like I have anyone who understands me or what I'm dealing with. About a week ago, I completely broke down when my mom was driving me to school. I couldn't stop crying, the stress was just too much. She stopped the car and she wanted me to tell her what's wrong. I wanted to tell her then that I was gay so bad, but I couldn't. I've been crying myself to sleep at least once a week and I'm sick of it. I'm sick of being a sad shy kid. I don't want to be self conscious anymore. I don't want to care what people are thinking of me. I don't want to hid who I am from everyone. I don't want to fake a smile. I want to be the true me, but I'm scared that the true me won't be accepted.
Ineedyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2017, 07:58 PM   #2
idefineme
Junior Member+

Name: mendy
Default Re: Depression.

I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL, well the trepidation of the real you not being accepted. Regarding depression are you on meds they can really help. Please,don't do anything you can't later change,I have a friend with social anxiety so he started on weed to ease the stress and it kills me to see what he has done to himself.

Introspective thoughtful and fragile. Love you.
idefineme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2017, 08:42 PM   #3
Adarest
Junior Member+

Talk to anonymous people online as a practice first, but keep your identity a secret, just in case. When you feel better, talk to a friend you know in real life, but through online and keep practicing until you can talk to someone you know you can trust, in person. Don't be afraid of being who you are, people can judge, but it doesn't change your goals or outcome in life. Just keep doing what you do and keep doing what you love.
Adarest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2017, 05:38 PM   #4
ceto2

hi there
i have Depression and most days r like why do i have to do things other days r ok. well at college/uni they knew i had it so i could walk out n have time on own until something happen to me as i ran into the wall and knocked my self out in very angry moment.after that i now got help n have to say it helps so much to have someone to talk to when im down. best thing is to see if u can get someone to talk too go to GB or some where.
ceto2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2017, 06:25 AM   #5
LadyCheerup

Name: Lady

Work on your personal problems, using small steps to make sure you avoid becoming overwhelmed. Work on only one or two simple things at a time, breaking large or complex problems into goals you can easily accomplish. Use rewards, friends, family, and support groups. What negative or stressful situations exist in your life? What can you do about them? Don’t give up and allow your problems to continue. Brainstorm solutions and ask other people for ideas. Some depressed people reject all the possible solutions, finding reasons to eliminate each one as unacceptable, unpleasant, or unworkable. Don’t let negative thought habits interfere with problem solving. Keep an open mind to all possible solutions.
LadyCheerup is offline   Reply With Quote